Domo Arigato Mr Androidato—An Introduction to the New Google Mobile Linux
Framework, Android

,----[ Quote ]
| All your phones, are belong to Google — an overview of Android, the new
| software stack created by Google for the Open Handset Alliance.

Mini Opera appears for Google Android

,----[ Quote ]
| Opera Mini for Android makes the company's fast-performing and
| device-adapting Web experience available to any range of handset built on
| Android. *

Google Exec: Android To Beat iPhone

,----[ Quote ]
| Rich Miner even went after Apple's handheld darling. *"Once you have devices
| out there from Motorola, HTC, Samsung, and so on, there's a much larger
| potential market on Android than for the iPhone," he said. *"[T]here's a
| single manufacturer, it's targeted at a particular demographic, and it falls
| far short of the 1 billion mobile phones sold every year worldwide." * *

iPhone vs. Android : An Open Source Devs Perspective

,----[ Quote ]
| According to Andrea Gazzaniga, software development manager at mobile open
| source vendor Funambol the answer is not entirely clear. In a rambling
| overflow presentation at AjaxWorld's iPhone Sumitt, Gazzaniga attempted to
| outline the differences and similiaraties between iPhone and Android. *

Feeling the heat at Microsoft

,----[ Quote ]
| you who is Microsoft's biggest competitor now, who would it be? *
| to go with that.

Is Google Android the Next Windows?

,----[ Quote ]
| On the flip side, Good Android (here’s a video demo) is a cross-platform
| software environment that multiple hardware vendors and service providers are
| expected to embrace. Although Android isn’t fully baked, Google is
| aggressively promoting the operating environment to third party developers.
| The idea is to get developers on board early, so that tons of Android
| applications are ready when Android-compatible devices finally debut. * *
| [...]
| Eventually, The VAR Guy suspects, Android devices will easily leapfrog
| iPhone’s market share. But that’s not a terrible thing for Apple. Although
| Apple nearly died on the desktop, Apple’s more recent innovations prove that
| you can thrive even when you hold less than 10 percent of a technology
| market. * *

HTC tight-lipped about Google phone

,----[ Quote ]
| MOBILE PHONE MAKER High Tech Computer (HTC) is developing a handset which
| will run Android software developed by Google and a consortium of other tech
| companies. *

A third of all phones "smart" in five years

| ABI Research vice president Stuart Carlaw said, "The market is currently
| dominated by Nokia (52 percent) and Symbian (65 percent). However, the
| coalescence of the framework wars in the Linux environment and the growing
| stature of Windows Mobile will enable new competitors to put pressure on this
| established axis." * *

Research and Markets: Symbian and Linux Enjoy the Highest Penetration in the
Japanese Smartphone Market

,----[ Quote ]