Re: [News] GNU/Linux on the Eee Far Faster Than Windows - Linux

This is a discussion on Re: [News] GNU/Linux on the Eee Far Faster Than Windows - Linux ; Ruben wrote in news an.2008.04.30.19.22.00.539525@www2.mrbrklyn.com: > On Wed, 30 Apr 2008 11:48:11 -0700, Tim Smith wrote: > >> In article >> , >> mrbrklyn wrote: >>> > BestBuy isn't making the computer or installing Windows. BestBuy >>> > does NOT ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 34 of 34

  1. Re: GNU/Linux on the Eee Far Faster Than Windows

    Ruben wrote in
    newsan.2008.04.30.19.22.00.539525@www2.mrbrklyn.com:

    > On Wed, 30 Apr 2008 11:48:11 -0700, Tim Smith wrote:
    >
    >> In article
    >> ,
    >>>
    >>> Take a Clue. Bestbuy is restricted from selling hardware without a
    >>> MS license do to the standard MS retailers agreement.

    >> Best Buy sells Macs. Best Buy sells the Linux version of the Asus
    >> EEE. There goes you theory.

    > Actually, then the store manager at the Best Buy on the upper east
    > side is a lier and it's his theory....

    It seems far more likely that you are the liar, and you made up your--er,
    I'm sorry, "his"--theory out of whole cloth.

    > as a fact.

    You are hardly the person to be talking about facts.

  2. Re: GNU/Linux on the Eee Far Faster Than Windows

    On Wed, 30 Apr 2008 19:54:09 -0500, Book of Job wrote:

    > You are hardly the person to be talking about facts.

    Like me name for example. Your not a paid MS troll either, just the same
    one that was before under the name Eliezar.

    Oh - your good. What is the name on your check?

    Ruben

    Copyright for the Digital Millennium

  3. Re: GNU/Linux on the Eee Far Faster Than Windows

    On Wed, 30 Apr 2008 17:12:51 -0700, Tim Smith wrote:

    > 86th And Lexingtn NY 1280 Lexington Ave, New York, NY 10028-2109

    Which have you visited, paid troll?

    Ruben

    Copyright for the Digital Millennium

  4. Re: GNU/Linux on the Eee Far Faster Than Windows

    Ruben wrote in
    newsan.2008.05.01.02.29.50.627759@www2.mrbrklyn.com:

    > On Wed, 30 Apr 2008 19:54:09 -0500, Book of Job wrote:
    >
    >> You are hardly the person to be talking about facts.

    > Like me name for example.

    Zuh?

    > Your not a paid MS troll either,

    Hey, you finally got something right. Pat yourself on the back.

    > just the same one that was before under the name Eliezar.

    I only see three results on Google Groups for posts by someone named
    "Eliezar", and you'd probably be hard-pressed to find anything
    connecting him to me. Is this some obscure reference I'm not aware of?

    > Oh - your good.

    Well, I've never been one to toot my own horn...

    > What is the name on your check?

    With all due respect, that's hardly any of your business. On the other
    hand, if you're suggesting that I'm being paid to post here (your most
    common accusation) then I'd be interested to see any evidence you may
    have.

  5. Re: GNU/Linux on the Eee Far Faster Than Windows

    In article ,
    Ruben wrote:
    > On Wed, 30 Apr 2008 17:12:51 -0700, Tim Smith wrote:
    >
    > > 86th And Lexingtn NY 1280 Lexington Ave, New York, NY 10028-2109

    > Which have you visited, paid troll?

    What does that have to do with anything? That particular Best Buy has
    the 2.4 GHz iMac with 24" display in stock. It is out of stock on the
    two other iMac models that they carry.

    --
    --Tim Smith

  6. Re: GNU/Linux on the Eee Far Faster Than Windows

    On Wed, 30 Apr 2008 15:22:02 -0400, Ruben wrote:

    > On Wed, 30 Apr 2008 11:48:11 -0700, Tim Smith wrote:
    >
    >> In article
    >> ,
    >>>
    >>> Take a Clue. Bestbuy is restricted from selling hardware without a MS
    >>> license do to the standard MS retailers agreement.

    >> Best Buy sells Macs. Best Buy sells the Linux version of the Asus EEE.
    >> There goes you theory.

    > Actually, then the store manager at the Best Buy on the upper east side is
    > a lier and it's his theory....

    No, it's YOUR theory, since you are the one saying it.

    It's a crappy tactic to claim something ridiculous, then when proven wrong
    (because you didn't have the brains to think that anyone might check up on
    you) claim it's someone elses fault that you said something.

    > as a fact. So what can we call you? Should we call you "Bumpercar boy"

    How about we call you "Liar, who will say anything to make his imaginary
    point".

    So, now that you've been corrected about this, will we ever see you make
    the claim again?

  7. Re: GNU/Linux on the Eee Far Faster Than Windows

    Erik Funkenbusch wrote:

    >So, now that you've been corrected about this, will we ever see you make
    >the claim again?

    LOL The irony.

  8. Re: GNU/Linux on the Eee Far Faster Than Windows

    On Wed, 30 Apr 2008 23:32:02 -0500, Book of Job wrote:

    >> What is the name on your check?

    > With all due respect, that's hardly any of your business

    Well it is my business. You get paid to post dribble hear and obstruct
    the forum from any worthwhile communication. The name that those checks
    are written to are core to the validity of anything you post.

    Ruben

    Copyright for the Digital Millennium

  9. Re: GNU/Linux on the Eee Far Faster Than Windows

    On Thu, 01 May 2008 01:15:10 -0700, Tim Smith wrote:

    >> Which have you visited, paid troll?

    > What does that have to do with anything?

    Your a paid troll. Why would I engage in any genuine discussion with you?

    Ruben

    Copyright for the Digital Millennium

  10. Re: GNU/Linux on the Eee Far Faster Than Windows

    On Wed, 30 Apr 2008 17:12:51 -0700, Tim Smith wrote:

    >>> Best Buy sells Macs. Best Buy sells the Linux version of the Asus EEE.
    >>> There goes you theory.

    >> Actually, then the store manager at the Best Buy on the upper east side is
    >> a lier and it's his theory....

    > Macs are in stock at the following Best Buy stores in the New York area:
    >
    > 86th And Lexingtn NY 1280 Lexington Ave, New York, NY 10028-2109
    > 62nd And Broadway NY 1880 Broadway, New York, NY 10023-7500
    > Midtown Manhattan NY 529 5th Ave, New York, NY 10017-4608
    > Chelsea NY 60 W 23rd St, New York, NY 10010-5201
    > Long Island City NY 5001 Northern Blvd, Long Island City, NY 11101-1003
    > Noho Manhattan NY 622 Broadway, New York, NY 10012
    >
    > Not being interested in the minutia of New York geography, I don't know
    > if any of those stores are the one on the "upper east side".

    86th and Lex is the Upper Eastside.

    62nd and Broadway *could* possibly be considered *upper* East or West (it's
    kind of in the middle, but only and I repeat *only* by
    the "Bridge and Tunnel Trash" wannabes of which Ruby by virtue of being a
    Brooklyn'ite is certainly a member.

    In NY there are those who live in NYC (Brooklyn, Queens, Bronx, Staten
    Island and Manhattan) and those who live in Manhattan.....

    The Manhattan'ites consider anyone who doesn't live in Manhattan, to be
    "bridge and tunnel trash" because they have to take a bridge or tunnnel, or
    ferry to get to Manhattan and of course they are not as *good* as they are.
    Even though all listed are NYC, to a Manhattan'ite only *they8 are the real
    NYC people.

    I'm sure Ruby has heard this before, many times.
    Probably along with "The Bowery homeless shelter is south"...

    Next time I'll tell you all about what it means to have a 212 area
    code......

    > The Linux EEE is available online from bestbuy.com. The Pearl White
    > model is in stock. The Blush Pink is currently sold out.

    Oh well, I guess Roy Schestotiwtz is out of luck.
    I'm sure he had his heart set on that Blush Pink model.

    FWIW the store near where I live is a test store and they sell them at the
    store however they can't keep them in stock as their is always a waiting
    list.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  11. Re: GNU/Linux on the Eee Far Faster Than Windows

    On Thu, 1 May 2008 03:40:58 -0500, Erik Funkenbusch wrote:

    > On Wed, 30 Apr 2008 15:22:02 -0400, Ruben wrote:
    >
    >> On Wed, 30 Apr 2008 11:48:11 -0700, Tim Smith wrote:
    >>
    >>> In article
    >>> ,

    >>> Best Buy sells Macs. Best Buy sells the Linux version of the Asus EEE.
    >>> There goes you theory.

    >> Actually, then the store manager at the Best Buy on the upper east side is
    >> a lier and it's his theory....

    > No, it's YOUR theory, since you are the one saying it.

    I'll bet the store has old Rube's picture right up on the wall at the
    security booth.
    He was probably outside with a sandwich sign picketing when they started to
    sell Windows.

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/fcb/689...n/set-1485493/

    > It's a crappy tactic to claim something ridiculous, then when proven wrong
    > (because you didn't have the brains to think that anyone might check up on
    > you) claim it's someone elses fault that you said something.

    Rube isn't one of the sharper knives in the drawer.

    >> as a fact. So what can we call you? Should we call you "Bumpercar boy"

    > How about we call you "Liar, who will say anything to make his imaginary
    > point".
    >
    > So, now that you've been corrected about this, will we ever see you make
    > the claim again?

    Obviously the dude has some anger management problems, like many of the
    Linux loons in COLA.

    It must be all that compiling that drives them wild.
    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  12. Re: GNU/Linux on the Eee Far Faster Than Windows

  13. Re: GNU/Linux on the Eee Far Faster Than Windows

    In article ,
    Ruben wrote:
    > On Thu, 01 May 2008 01:15:10 -0700, Tim Smith wrote:
    >
    > >> Which have you visited, paid troll?

    > > What does that have to do with anything?

    > Your a paid troll. Why would I engage in any genuine discussion with you?

    If you didn't want an answer, why did you ask the question?

    --
    --Tim Smith

  14. Re: GNU/Linux on the Eee Far Faster Than Windows

    Ruben wrote in
    newsan.2008.05.01.12.56.05.290704@www2.mrbrklyn.com:

    > On Wed, 30 Apr 2008 23:32:02 -0500, Book of Job wrote:
    >

    >>> What is the name on your check?

    >> With all due respect, that's hardly any of your business

    > Well it is my business. You get paid to post dribble hear and
    > obstruct the forum from any worthwhile communication. The name that
    > those checks are written to are core to the validity of anything you
    > post.

    I see you dishonestly snipped the very next sentence. Here, let me replace
    it for you:

    >> On the other hand, if you're suggesting that I'm being paid to post
    >> here (your most common accusation) then I'd be interested to see any
    >> evidence you may have.

    Now, would you like to address *this* sentence, or should I just expect you
    to dishonestly snip it again?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2