Rethinking Gobuntu [and Launchpad to Possibly Pick AGPLv3]

,----[ Quote ]
| In the case of Launchpad, we do view you as a co-owner of the data, so
| the resolution of this problem is important to us. As you point out,
| there's no really clear best practice that works well and has been shown
| to be commercially sustainable. That's different to the GPL (even v3). I
| think the Affero GPL is a strong candidate for the front line of
| thinking on the subject, and that's what I am inclined to use when we
| publish Launchpad's source code.
`----

https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/go...il/000698.html

Hardy Heron reflects Ubuntu Linux ambitions

,----[ Quote ]
| Canonical plans to release Hardy Heron, its newest version of Ubuntu Linux on
| Thursday, and Chief Executive Mark Shuttleworth isn't being shy and retiring
| about it.
|
| "This is our most significant release ever," he said in an interview.
`----

Recent:

GPL Project Watch List for Week of 04/18

,----[ Quote ]
| Now onto our recently added license the AGPL v3. Last week our database
| contained 55 AGPL v3 projects. This week we are at 68 AGPL v3 projects, which
| is an increase of just over 20%. This is a significant increase percentage
| wise, even though it is only a 13 project increase. However, our prediction
| is that the adoption rate will rise in number and decrease in percentage as
| the current amount in the database grows. * *
`----

http://gpl3.blogspot.com/2008/04/gpl...k-of-0418.html

GPL author: Google must share code

,----[ Quote ]
| Companies like Google that build their business on software such as
| Linux have a moral imperative to contribute back to the free
| software community, a prominent open source advocate said Tuesday.
`----

http://www.linuxworld.com/news/2007/...rss-linux-news
http://tinyurl.com/2x5dvf

Funambol Helps New AGPLv3 Open Source License Gain Formal OSI Approval

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.linuxpr.com/releases/10466.html