Microsoft sues over brand in Dutch programme curbing kids on Internet

,----[ Quote ]
| Unicaresoft Corporation is headed up by 46 year-old Carola Eppink, a mother
| keen to restrict her children's use of the Internet.
|
| "We filed suit to prevent the use of MSN in the name of the product and in
| the domain names on the Internet," the Microsoft spokesman said.
`----

http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5...b-rmvXtmNUvwRQ

But of course it was OK for Microsoft to steal "Palm" and Open Office", among
many other examples.

Related:

Grisoft subpoenas Microsoft

,----[ Quote ]
| The website, alleges Grisoft, infringes its copyrights and trademarks.
|
| The lawyers said: "The website's proponent, with MSN's facilitation, is
| taking a 'free ride' on our clients rights" and the proponent of the website
| is distributing AVG software for a fee. *
`----

http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquir...enas-microsoft

SGI forces Dell to testify in AMD case

,----[ Quote ]
| SILICON GRAPHICS (SGI) has served a subpoena on Dell to force it to testify
| in its law suit against ATI, which it claims breaches its patents with the
| Radeon and FireGL graphics chips. *
`----

http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquir...ll-testify-amd

School sues Microsoft over copyright

,----[ Quote ]
| But it's complicated because the wire reports Microsoft Philippines bought
| licences to print the manual back in 2004.
`----

http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquir...soft-copyright

Microsoft to eBay name for $1m

,----[ Quote ]
| Portuguese outfit Microsoft Lda aims to cash in on its name by eBaying the
| brand and business for a starting price of $1m, Reuters reports.
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/12..._name_auction/

Portuguese firm Microsoft to auction name on eBay

http://www.reuters.com/article/marke...0071217?rpc=44

Microsoft infringing on one of Apple Patents?

,----[ Quote ]
| Keep in mind I am not a patent researcher, and I am sure Apple is not
| going to sue Microsoft for abusing one of their patents, but it does
| at least look like Microsoft is abusing this patent.
`----

http://www.noheat.com/2007/06/22/mic...apple-patents/

Handling of Microsoft's copyleft violation

,----[ Quote ]
| A member of the Microsoft packaged software team lifting one of my
| images is definitely a case where the infringing party should have
| known better, as the company routinely takes action to protect its
| own IP.
`----

http://www.niallkennedy.com/blog/arc...hotograph.html

Appeals Court Rules that Deceptive Conduct in Standard Setting can Violate
Antitrust Laws

,----[ Quote ]
| While many of us have been preoccupied with the OOXML vote, the rest of the
| world has naturally been continuing to go about its business. One piece of
| business that took an interesting turn in the last few days is a ruling by a
| Federal Appellate Court in the United States that breaks new ground in
| protecting the integrity of the standard setting system. The ruling may also
| have relevance to the regrettable conduct witnessed in the recent OOXML vote. * * *
`----

http://www.consortiuminfo.org/standa...07090607324049

Moglen: Microsoft-Novell raises GPL questions

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://news.com.com/2061-10795_3-613...2156&subj=news