Microsoft sues over brand in Dutch programme curbing kids on Internet

,----[ Quote ]
| Unicaresoft Corporation is headed up by 46 year-old Carola Eppink, a mother
| keen to restrict her children's use of the Internet.
| "We filed suit to prevent the use of MSN in the name of the product and in
| the domain names on the Internet," the Microsoft spokesman said.

But of course it was OK for Microsoft to steal "Palm" and Open Office", among
many other examples.

Grisoft subpoenas Microsoft

,----[ Quote ]
| The website, alleges Grisoft, infringes its copyrights and trademarks.
| The lawyers said: "The website's proponent, with MSN's facilitation, is
| taking a 'free ride' on our clients rights" and the proponent of the website
| is distributing AVG software for a fee. *

SGI forces Dell to testify in AMD case

,----[ Quote ]
| SILICON GRAPHICS (SGI) has served a subpoena on Dell to force it to testify
| in its law suit against ATI, which it claims breaches its patents with the
| Radeon and FireGL graphics chips. *

School sues Microsoft over copyright

,----[ Quote ]
| But it's complicated because the wire reports Microsoft Philippines bought
| licences to print the manual back in 2004.

Microsoft to eBay name for $1m

,----[ Quote ]
| Portuguese outfit Microsoft Lda aims to cash in on its name by eBaying the
| brand and business for a starting price of $1m, Reuters reports.

Portuguese firm Microsoft to auction name on eBay

Microsoft infringing on one of Apple Patents?

,----[ Quote ]
| Keep in mind I am not a patent researcher, and I am sure Apple is not
| going to sue Microsoft for abusing one of their patents, but it does
| at least look like Microsoft is abusing this patent.

Handling of Microsoft's copyleft violation

,----[ Quote ]
| A member of the Microsoft packaged software team lifting one of my
| images is definitely a case where the infringing party should have
| known better, as the company routinely takes action to protect its
| own IP.

Appeals Court Rules that Deceptive Conduct in Standard Setting can Violate
Antitrust Laws

,----[ Quote ]
| While many of us have been preoccupied with the OOXML vote, the rest of the
| world has naturally been continuing to go about its business. One piece of
| business that took an interesting turn in the last few days is a ruling by a
| Federal Appellate Court in the United States that breaks new ground in
| protecting the integrity of the standard setting system. The ruling may also
| have relevance to the regrettable conduct witnessed in the recent OOXML vote. * * *

Moglen: Microsoft-Novell raises GPL questions

,----[ Quote ]