OSA Announces Results of Board of Director Elections

,----[ Quote ]
| The Open Solutions Alliance, a nonprofit, vendor-neutral consortium dedicated
| to driving interoperability and adoption of comprehensive open products, has
| held its first annual board of director elections.
`----

http://opensourcepbx.tmcnet.com/topi...-elections.htm

Debian Weekly News - April 21st, 2008

,----[ Quote ]
| Welcome to the first issue of the Debian Project News, the newsletter for the
| Debian community! From now on we'll keep you informed about recent events and
| interesting developments in and around the Debian Community on a biweekly
| basis. But we could still use some help, so feel free to take a look at our
| wiki.
`----

http://www.debian.org/News/weekly/2008/01/

I've been using Debian Lenny a lot -- and it works.

,----[ Quote ]
| I'm always using a mix of machines and OSes for my work, but until this week,
| my main "home" machine -- The $0 Laptop (Gateway Solo 1450) -- has been
| mostly used at home for a bit of Web browsing, testing Linux distributions,
| and my daughter's favorite educational games (gCompris, Childsplay, TuxPaint,
| Potato Guy).
`----

http://www.insidesocal.com/click/200...n-lenny-a.html

Recent:

19 new Debian Developers! \o/

,----[ Quote ]
| I am very happy that 19 contributors who were waiting for their accounts,
| sometimes for a very long time, became Debian Developers today. This is great
| news for them, and for the project as a whole. *
`----

http://www.lucas-nussbaum.net/blog/?p=287

Related:

inistry of Education from Brazil is buying 90,000 Debian GNU Linux computers

,----[ Quote ]
| All computers will be installed at 9000 brazilian schools.
`----

http://www.techforce.com.br/index.ph...bian_computers

Inside Second Life's Data Centers

,----[ Quote ]
| Second Life runs on 2,000 Intel and AMD servers in two co-location
| facilities in San Francisco and Dallas. The company has a commitment
| to open source, with servers running Debian Linux and the MySQL
| database. Linden Lab chose Debian Linux because the software is
| suited to scaling massively with a small IT staff, said Linden
| Lab CTO Cory Ondrejka.
`----

http://informationweek.com/news/show...leID=197800179

Second Life Swapping Engines At 40,000 Feet

,----[ Quote ]

http://linux.about.com/b/a/257654.htm