what is the most popular opensource web chat room? Thanks - Linux

This is a discussion on what is the most popular opensource web chat room? Thanks - Linux ; It has following features: 1. no client side plug-in, only browsers on client side 2. simple, don't need so many functionalities 3. low resource consumption 4. stable 5. no need for high volume Any recommendations? Many thanks...

  1. what is the most popular opensource web chat room? Thanks

    It has following features:
    1. no client side plug-in, only browsers on client side
    2. simple, don't need so many functionalities
    3. low resource consumption
    4. stable
    5. no need for high volume

    Any recommendations? Many thanks

  2. Re: what is the most popular opensource web chat room? Thanks

    mike-yue writes:

    > It has following features:
    > 1. no client side plug-in, only browsers on client side
    > 2. simple, don't need so many functionalities
    > 3. low resource consumption
    > 4. stable
    > 5. no need for high volume
    >
    > Any recommendations? Many thanks

    What's wrong with IRC?

    --
    Mns Rullgrd
    mans@mansr.com

  3. Re: what is the most popular opensource web chat room? Thanks

    On 4月21日, 下午4时12分, MånsRullgård wrote:
    > mike-yue writes:
    > > It has following features:
    > > 1. no client side plug-in, only browsers on client side
    > > 2. simple, don't need so many functionalities
    > > 3. low resource consumption
    > > 4. stable
    > > 5. no need for high volume

    > > Any recommendations? Many thanks

    > What's wrong with IRC?
    >
    > --
    > Måns Rullgård
    > m...@mansr.com

    In my mind IRC is for professionals, especially with Linux.
    IRC needs a client module
    IRC is not friendly with IE.

  4. Re: what is the most popular opensource web chat room? Thanks

    On Apr 22, 11:39 pm, mike-yue wrote:

    > In my mind IRC is for professionals, especially with Linux.

    It's definitely suitable for professional use, but why is that bad?

    > IRC needs a client module

    Every protocol needs a client.

    > IRC is not friendly with IE.

    Nonsense. There are many Java and Flash IRC clients which work
    perfectly in popular browsers.

    DS

+ Reply to Thread