why ‘no Macs’ is no longer a defensible IT strategy .. - Linux

This is a discussion on why ‘no Macs’ is no longer a defensible IT strategy .. - Linux ; "Once confined to marketing departments and media companies, the Mac is spilling over into a wider array of business environments" "Firefox .. has broken IE’s stranglehold on Internet app delivery, which it had maintained through ActiveX controls" "Because Microsoft never ...

  1. why ‘no Macs’ is no longer a defensible IT strategy ..

    "Once confined to marketing departments and media companies, the Mac is
    spilling over into a wider array of business environments"

    "Firefox .. has broken IE’s stranglehold on Internet app delivery, which
    it had maintained through ActiveX controls"

    "Because Microsoft never released a version of IE for Mac OS X, Mac
    users were frozen out of ActiveX-based Web sites, making many SaaS
    (software as a service) offerings and enterprise-app Web clients off
    limits to the Mac"

    http://www.macworld.com/article/1330..._it.html?t=234

  2. Re: why Œno Macs¹ is no longer a defensible IT strategy ..

    In article ,
    Doug Mentohl wrote:
    > "Because Microsoft never released a version of IE for Mac OS X, Mac
    > users were frozen out of ActiveX-based Web sites, making many SaaS
    > (software as a service) offerings and enterprise-app Web clients off
    > limits to the Mac"
    >
    > http://www.macworld.com/article/1330..._it.html?t=234

    The author is confused. IE 5.1 for OS X was bundled with OS X 10.1. IE
    5.2 for Mac was OS X *only*. 5.2.3 was the final OS X version of IE
    (and 5.1.7 was the final OS 8/9 version).

    Archive.org has a copy of the download page:

    Softpedia.com still has the download:

    Just for the hell of it, I just downloaded it and installed it. Here's
    a screenshot of it running on my Intel iMac under Leopard:

    --
    --Tim Smith

+ Reply to Thread