Novells MS royalty payments .. - Linux

This is a discussion on Novells MS royalty payments .. - Linux ; 'I've heard from Novell sales representatives that Microsoft sales executives have started calling the Suse Linux Enterprise Server coupons "royalty payments,"' http://www.cnet.com/8301-13505_1-992...tml?tag=st.top...

  1. Novells MS royalty payments ..

    'I've heard from Novell sales representatives that Microsoft sales
    executives have started calling the Suse Linux Enterprise Server coupons
    "royalty payments,"'

    http://www.cnet.com/8301-13505_1-992...tml?tag=st.top

  2. Re: Novells MS royalty payments ..

    * Doug Mentohl peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > 'I've heard from Novell sales representatives that Microsoft sales
    > executives have started calling the Suse Linux Enterprise Server coupons
    > "royalty payments,"'
    >
    > http://www.cnet.com/8301-13505_1-992...tml?tag=st.top

    I will admit, I am laughing as I type this. The news that Microsoft
    and Novell are taking their interoperability roadshow to China is
    hilarious on a number of different levels.

    How much do you think that China cares about U.S. patents? It has
    been pirating Microsoft's Windows for years (though at least, in
    theory, new PCs don't ship with pirated Windows)--and now
    suddenly it's concerned about making sure it has patent protection
    for Linux? My mirth runneth over.

    I'd read the article for yourself, though. Short, pithy.

    --
    As we look ahead into the next century, leaders will be those who empower
    others.

+ Reply to Thread