Microsoft '08 is Apple ‘96 .. - Linux

This is a discussion on Microsoft '08 is Apple ‘96 .. - Linux ; "Windows Enthusiasts have been working hard to advance the idea that Apple has become the new Microsoft, supposedly by monopolizing the market for music sales .. However, they’re missing something far more interesting: Microsoft is reverting to become the beleaguered ...

  1. Microsoft '08 is Apple ‘96 ..

    "Windows Enthusiasts have been working hard to advance the idea that
    Apple has become the new Microsoft, supposedly by monopolizing the
    market for music sales ..

    However, they’re missing something far more interesting: Microsoft is
    reverting to become the beleaguered old Apple of the mid 90s. Here’s
    how"

    http://www.roughlydrafted.com/2008/0...uered-apple-96

  2. Re: Microsoft '08 is Apple ‘96 ..

    On Apr 21, 6:57 am, Doug Mentohl wrote:
    > "Windows Enthusiasts have been working hard to advance the idea that
    > Apple has become the new Microsoft, supposedly by monopolizing the
    > market for music sales ..
    >
    > However, they’re missing something far more interesting: Microsoft is
    > reverting to become the beleaguered old Apple of the mid 90s. Here’s
    > how"
    >
    > http://www.roughlydrafted.com/2008/0...has-become-the...

    Interesting article, as always by him. The comments have quite a lot
    to say about Linux.

  3. Re: Microsoft '08 is Apple ‘96 ..

    wrote in message
    On Apr 21, 6:57 am, Doug Mentohl wrote:
    >> "Windows Enthusiasts have been working hard to advance the idea that
    >> Apple has become the new Microsoft, supposedly by monopolizing the
    >> market for music sales ..
    >>
    >> However, they’re missing something far more interesting: Microsoft is
    >> reverting to become the beleaguered old Apple of the mid 90s. Here’s
    >> how"
    >>
    >> http://www.roughlydrafted.com/2008/0...has-become-the...

    >Interesting article, as always by him. The comments have quite a lot
    >to say about Linux.

    Almost as "fascinating" as those articles describing how Microsoft is going
    to be the next Enron or how Microsoft is going to be the next WorldCom.
    Obviously you linux nuts will believe anything that gives you a glimmer of
    hope... no matter how ridiculous or far fetched it actually is.

  4. Re: Microsoft '08 is Apple ‘96 ..

    ____/ nessuno@wigner.berkeley.edu on Monday 21 April 2008 18:05 : \____

    > On Apr 21, 6:57 am, Doug Mentohl wrote:
    >> "Windows Enthusiasts have been working hard to advance the idea that
    >> Apple has become the new Microsoft, supposedly by monopolizing the
    >> market for music sales ..
    >>
    >> However, they’re missing something far more interesting: Microsoft is
    >> reverting to become the beleaguered old Apple of the mid 90s. Here’s
    >> how"
    >>
    >> http://www.roughlydrafted.com/2008/0...has-become-the...

    > Interesting article, as always by him. The comments have quite a lot
    > to say about Linux.

    I agree. He only writes about non-Apple stuff once in about a week, but it's
    always a good read. His aim is to rebut the FUD in the press, so he's like
    Groklaw in many ways (give or take the images that ruin credibility).

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | "Somebody, give this politician a wedgie"