Hateful BBC advertises Linux - Ubuntu 'reaping Linux dividend' - Linux

This is a discussion on Hateful BBC advertises Linux - Ubuntu 'reaping Linux dividend' - Linux ; http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/7358483.stm But of course the BBC is "anti Linux" according to COLA. Believe me - they don't give a **** either way. So long as people can read their pages. ,---- | The public perception of open source software is ...

  1. Hateful BBC advertises Linux - Ubuntu 'reaping Linux dividend'

    ,----
    `----

    --
    "I program Windows systems yes. But I am not a Windows user."
    Peter Koehlmann, COLA.

  2. Re: Hateful BBC advertises Linux - Ubuntu 'reaping Linux dividend'

    On Mon, 21 Apr 2008 13:30:37 +0200, Hadron wrote:

    > But of course the BBC is "anti Linux" according to COLA.
    >
    > Believe me - they don't give a **** either way. So long as people can
    > read their pages.
    >
    > ,----
    > | The public perception of open source software is changing fast, said |
    > Mark Shuttleworth, who leads distribution of the Ubuntu operating system
    > | (OS).
    > `----

    Go see if the downloading experience is the same under Linux as it is
    under Windows.

    --
    Rick

  3. Re: Hateful BBC advertises Linux - Ubuntu 'reaping Linux dividend'

    Matt wrote:

    > Except to pay their taxes to support BBC, eh?

    Well there's that. But it's kind of inconvenient for Hadron, so you can
    understand why he wouldn't bring it up.

    --
    RonB
    "There's a story there...somewhere"

  4. Re: Hateful BBC advertises Linux - Ubuntu 'reaping Linux dividend'

    RonB writes:

    > Matt wrote:
    >
    >> Except to pay their taxes to support BBC, eh?

    > Well there's that. But it's kind of inconvenient for Hadron, so you can
    > understand why he wouldn't bring it up.

    Huh? I have a TV license. And I watch BBC TV with it.

    I really do not understand what you mean.

    --
    BOY is Microsoft doomed! LOL!