Doin' It For The Noob - Takin' It From The Top

,----[ Quote ]
| That folks, concludes our mini series on "Doin' It For The Noob." As I am not
| the Omni-Smart Advocate, there are probably many things I may have
| overlooked...but again, that's why I write. I don't do this because I think
| you need to know what I think.

Why are Windows and OS X delivered in the very same state to programmers and
9-year-old kids? Can anyone justify this at all?

Indian schools to use homebrew Debian distro

,----[ Quote ]
| IT@School GNU/Linux is a customized, single-CD distribution that includes
| the applications typically required by a high school student or teacher,
| according to the project. Apart from a wide range of typical desktop
| software, it also contains educational programs such as TuxPaint,
| Ghemical, Kalzium, DrGeo, and Gcompris, school spokesperson Vimal Joseph
| told

Hands on: Change your PC's graphical look

,----[ Quote ]
`---- CEO: Customization is king

,----[ Excerpt ]
| Marc Benioff argues that Apex will let customers diverge further
| from one-size-fits-all hosted applications approach.

Customized spins of Fedora

,----[ Quote ]
| When Fedora 7 was released, one of the big features that we talked about was
| the idea of customized spins of the distribution.
| Now that Fedora 8 is on the way, it’s useful to look and see how we have
| done, and what sort of custom spins have been created.

Build a Fedora Live CD

,----[ Quote ]