Suse: leaves bad taste in mouth, freezes every 15-20 minutes - Linux

This is a discussion on Suse: leaves bad taste in mouth, freezes every 15-20 minutes - Linux ; "I am kinda new to this whole linux os and so far its not leaving a good taste in my mouth I have a Prolaint dl580 with 4 zeon 700 mhz processors and 2.5 gigs of memory, on board video ...

  1. Suse: leaves bad taste in mouth, freezes every 15-20 minutes

    "I am kinda new to this whole linux os and so far its not leaving a good
    taste in my mouth

    I have a Prolaint dl580 with 4 zeon 700 mhz processors and 2.5 gigs of
    memory, on board video card Rage i think and an onboard sound card and 4
    compaq 9.1 gb hard drives setup in a raid configuration

    I have tested the memory in blocks of four and the computer locks up no
    matter what 4 i put in it.

    it's almost like clock work every 15-20 mins it freezes up right on the
    head."

    http://forums.suselinuxsupport.de/in...opic=61367&hl=

  2. Re: Suse: leaves bad taste in mouth, freezes every 15-20 minutes

    On Mon, 21 Apr 2008 01:10:53 -0400, DFS wrote:

    > "I am kinda new to this whole linux os and so far its not leaving a good
    > taste in my mouth
    >
    > I have a Prolaint dl580 with 4 zeon 700 mhz processors and 2.5 gigs of
    > memory, on board video card Rage i think and an onboard sound card and 4
    > compaq 9.1 gb hard drives setup in a raid configuration
    >
    > I have tested the memory in blocks of four and the computer locks up no
    > matter what 4 i put in it.
    >
    > it's almost like clock work every 15-20 mins it freezes up right on the
    > head."
    >
    > http://forums.suselinuxsupport.de/in...opic=61367&hl=

    They need Kelsey over there!!

    Nobody can run Linux on ancient hardware like Kelsey!!

    She is the expert!

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots: