"The maichine was freezing up overnight and the keyboard and mouse were
dead. The box wasn't responding to pings. When trying a remote login using
SSH the attempt never timed out, but a login was never offered.
I turned off all power management functions and the next morning it was
frozen again. I tried turning off the screensaver but that didn't make a
difference. I unplugged it from the net and it ran for three days straight.
Then I plugged it into the network and worked all day long. The next morning
the thing was locked up again."

http://forums.suselinuxsupport.de/in...opic=64284&hl=