Suse: "random and total system crashes" - Linux

This is a discussion on Suse: "random and total system crashes" - Linux ; "The crash when it happens is total. Everything freezes: tasks, services, X - everything. Only way to get out from this is to shutdown or reset the computer (buttons - not SW)." http://forums.suselinuxsupport.de/in...593&hl=freezes I suggest a new cola catchphrase: "Linux ...

  1. Suse: "random and total system crashes"

    "The crash when it happens is total. Everything freezes: tasks, services,
    X - everything. Only way to get out from this is to shutdown or reset the
    computer (buttons - not SW)."

    http://forums.suselinuxsupport.de/in...593&hl=freezes

    I suggest a new cola catchphrase: "Linux just works - when it's not freezing
    and crashing"

  2. Re: Suse: "random and total system crashes"

    On Mon, 21 Apr 2008 00:59:10 -0400, DFS wrote:

    > "The crash when it happens is total. Everything freezes: tasks, services,
    > X - everything. Only way to get out from this is to shutdown or reset the
    > computer (buttons - not SW)."
    >
    > http://forums.suselinuxsupport.de/in...593&hl=freezes
    >

    > I suggest a new cola catchphrase: "Linux just works - when it's not freezing
    > and crashing"

    Sarcasm on/////

    Can he SSH into the system?
    What about using the serial port?

    ///Sarcasm off

    Hey, that's what most Lino-loons would ask...

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  3. Re: Suse: "random and total system crashes"

    Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    > On Mon, 21 Apr 2008 00:59:10 -0400, DFS wrote:
    >
    >> "The crash when it happens is total. Everything freezes: tasks,
    >> services,
    >> X - everything. Only way to get out from this is to shutdown or
    >> reset the computer (buttons - not SW)."
    >>
    >> http://forums.suselinuxsupport.de/in...593&hl=freezes
    >>

    >> I suggest a new cola catchphrase: "Linux just works - when it's not
    >> freezing and crashing"

    > Sarcasm on/////
    >
    > Can he SSH into the system?
    > What about using the serial port?
    >
    > ///Sarcasm off
    >
    > Hey, that's what most Lino-loons would ask...

    ha!! Exactly right - I've seen it a dozen times in the forums. 'Cause if
    you can ssh into the system, it's not really down and the precious Linux
    uptime stats don't get hit. You might not be able to use the mouse or
    keyboard or launch any apps or shut it down via the interface, but if you
    can ping it it's still 100% stable!!!

+ Reply to Thread