Suse: "so frustrated with my Linux experience" - Linux

This is a discussion on Suse: "so frustrated with my Linux experience" - Linux ; "Upon inserting the OpenSUSE 10.3 disk, the graphical menu comes up. If I choose install, nolapic, failsafe, etc, it starts the progress bar. The progress bar freezes about 10% into the process. I cannot click "esc for more information". If ...

  1. Suse: "so frustrated with my Linux experience"

    "Upon inserting the OpenSUSE 10.3 disk, the graphical menu comes up. If I
    choose install, nolapic, failsafe, etc, it starts the progress bar. The
    progress bar freezes about 10% into the process. I cannot click "esc for
    more information". If I hold shift during the boot process, and load the
    text installation, it freezes at approximately the same time the graphical
    one does. It says something like "loading common drivers". and then
    "ata_piix". It's on "ata_piix" that it freezes. If I use
    brokenmodule=ata_piix as a boot option, it freezes on the next one, "piix".

    I'm becoming so frustrated with my Linux experience, please save me!"

    http://www.suseforums.net/index.php?showtopic=41708&hl=

  2. Re: Suse: "so frustrated with my Linux experience"

    On Mon, 21 Apr 2008 00:37:15 -0400, DFS wrote:

    > "Upon inserting the OpenSUSE 10.3 disk, the graphical menu comes up. If I
    > choose install, nolapic, failsafe, etc, it starts the progress bar. The
    > progress bar freezes about 10% into the process. I cannot click "esc for
    > more information". If I hold shift during the boot process, and load the
    > text installation, it freezes at approximately the same time the graphical
    > one does. It says something like "loading common drivers". and then
    > "ata_piix". It's on "ata_piix" that it freezes. If I use
    > brokenmodule=ata_piix as a boot option, it freezes on the next one, "piix".
    >
    > I'm becoming so frustrated with my Linux experience, please save me!"
    >
    > http://www.suseforums.net/index.php?showtopic=41708&hl=

    Sounds typical.
    Install Windows and be done with it.

    Your free time will become your best friend.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

+ Reply to Thread