Is DFS (Doofus) a paid shill? - Linux

This is a discussion on Is DFS (Doofus) a paid shill? - Linux ; I guess that's what everyone in this NG is asking themselves. How can someone post such utter nonsense about Linux in COLA and more importantly, why? I have reasoned that his pension fund is composed entirely of MSFT stock and ...

  1. Is DFS (Doofus) a paid shill?

    I guess that's what everyone in this NG is asking themselves. How can someone post such utter nonsense about Linux in COLA and more importantly, why? I have reasoned that his pension fund is composed entirely of MSFT stock and he's afraid the rise of Linux will destroy his abillity to retire, so he's taking matters into his own hands by posting nonsense here all day.

    Doofus, you should have heeded one of the most important rules of investment: always spread your risk!

    https://www.mixmaster.it

  2. Re: Is DFS (Doofus) a paid shill?

    George Orwell wrote:

    > I guess that's what everyone in this NG is asking themselves. How can
    > someone post such utter nonsense about Linux in COLA and more
    > importantly, why? I have reasoned that his pension fund is composed
    > entirely of MSFT stock and he's afraid the rise of Linux will destroy
    > his abillity to retire, so he's taking matters into his own hands by
    > posting nonsense here all day.
    >
    > Doofus, you should have heeded one of the most important rules of
    > investment: always spread your risk!
    >

    > Il mittente di questo messaggio|The sender address of this
    > non corrisponde ad un utente |message is not related to a real
    > reale ma all'indirizzo fittizio|person but to a fake address of an
    > di un sistema anonimizzatore |anonymous system
    > Per maggiori informazioni |For more info
    > https://www.mixmaster.it

    Doofus is a Most Valuable Pea-brain wannabee, but bil told him to make
    1000 negative postings about LINUX to be accepted.

    Natasha

  3. Re: Is DFS (Doofus) a paid shill?

    [You really should check your line lengths]

    On Mon, 21 Apr 2008 05:45:18 +0200 (CEST), George Orwell wrote:

    > I guess that's what everyone in this NG is asking themselves. How can
    > someone post such utter nonsense about Linux in COLA and more
    > importantly, why? I have reasoned that his pension fund is composed
    > entirely of MSFT stock and he's afraid the rise of Linux will destroy
    > his abillity to retire, so he's taking matters into his own hands by
    > posting nonsense here all day.

    How can you possibly come to this conclusion, yet find tha Roy Schestowitz
    is not paid?

    What's worse, more than 50% of Roy's posts have nothing to do with Linux.

  4. Re: Is DFS (Doofus) a paid shill?

    On 2008-04-21, Erik Funkenbusch claimed:

    > How can you possibly come to this conclusion, yet find tha Roy Schestowitz
    > is not paid?

    Easy. Roy is posting positive material about linux in a linux group, as
    well as negative material about the largest (anti-linux) criminal
    enterprise in human history in the same group.

    As I said before, if he _is_ getting paid to do that, more power to
    him. But I can't imagine anybody on earth who would bother with it.

    Being paid to post anti-linux material in a pro-linux group, now.
    That's something a certain crooked, monopolist, anti-free enterprise
    criminal activity has been caught doing more than once already against
    those they viewed as threats. It's not hard to imagine them continuing
    what they already know how to do. (They certainly know nothing about
    developing software.)

    > What's worse, more than 50% of Roy's posts have nothing to do with Linux.

    Not mentioning linux by name isn't the same as "not about" linux. Even
    removing that from the equation, "more than 50%" having "nothing to do
    with linux" is an exaggeration at best. Some (me) might prefer to label
    that a lie.

    --
    Microsoft: The company that made instant messaging dangerous.

  5. Re: Is DFS (Doofus) a paid shill?

    On Mon, 21 Apr 2008 02:12:07 -0500, Erik Funkenbusch wrote:

    > [You really should check your line lengths]
    >
    > On Mon, 21 Apr 2008 05:45:18 +0200 (CEST), George Orwell wrote:
    >
    >> I guess that's what everyone in this NG is asking themselves. How can
    >> someone post such utter nonsense about Linux in COLA and more
    >> importantly, why? I have reasoned that his pension fund is composed
    >> entirely of MSFT stock and he's afraid the rise of Linux will destroy
    >> his abillity to retire, so he's taking matters into his own hands by
    >> posting nonsense here all day.

    > How can you possibly come to this conclusion, yet find tha Roy Schestowitz
    > is not paid?
    >
    > What's worse, more than 50% of Roy's posts have nothing to do with Linux.

    Amazing isn't it?
    DFS posts pretty much 100 percent Linux posts.
    Roy Schestowitz posts all kinds of off topic crap about patents, Microsoft
    hate and conspiracy theories that have nothing to do with Linux and yet the
    Loons complain about DFS?

    Looks like the Linux advocates don't like hearing the truth about their
    beloved operating system.
    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  6. Re: Is DFS (Doofus) a paid shill?

    Sinister Midget wrote:

    > Not mentioning linux by name isn't the same as "not about" linux. Even
    > removing that from the equation, "more than 50%" having "nothing to do
    > with linux" is an exaggeration at best. Some (me) might prefer to
    > label that a lie.

    Go Gidget! Let the Spamowitz excuses fly.

    This uncanny ability to deceive yourselves about the dishonesty of Linux
    users is the hallmark of a good Linux "advocate".

  7. Re: Is DFS (Doofus) a paid shill?

    On Apr 21, 2:21 am, Sinister Midget wrote:
    > On 2008-04-21, Erik Funkenbusch claimed:
    >
    > > How can you possibly come to this conclusion, yet find tha Roy Schestowitz
    > > is not paid?

    > Easy. Roy is posting positive material about linux in a linux group, as
    > well as negative material about the largest (anti-linux) criminal
    > enterprise in human history in the same group.
    >
    > As I said before, if he _is_ getting paid to do that, more power to
    > him. But I can't imagine anybody on earth who would bother with it.
    >
    > Being paid to post anti-linux material in a pro-linux group, now.
    > That's something a certain crooked, monopolist, anti-free enterprise
    > criminal activity has been caught doing more than once already against
    > those they viewed as threats. It's not hard to imagine them continuing
    > what they already know how to do. (They certainly know nothing about
    > developing software.)
    >
    > > What's worse, more than 50% of Roy's posts have nothing to do with Linux.

    > Not mentioning linux by name isn't the same as "not about" linux. Even
    > removing that from the equation, "more than 50%" having "nothing to do
    > with linux" is an exaggeration at best. Some (me) might prefer to label
    > that a lie.
    >
    > --
    > Microsoft: The company that made instant messaging dangerous.

    Very well stated. BTW, I don't think DFS is getting paid, but of
    course I can't prove it.

    I can't believe that Eric really believes that Roy is getting paid.
    In the case of Moshe=Ezekiel=Lintard=flatfish, all we get is lies, so
    there is no point in discussing what he really thinks. But Eric
    sometimes shows signs of having a conscience. Besides the fact that
    there is no one to pay Roy, it is perfectly obvious that he does what
    he does for idealistic reasons. You don't have to agree with him to
    see that. And by the way, Roy's posts are certainly Linux advocacy,
    and they certainly do have to do with Linux.

  8. Re: Is DFS (Doofus) a paid shill?

    on 21/04/08 08:12 Erik Funkenbusch wrote:

    > How can you possibly come to this conclusion, yet find tha Roy Schestowitz is not paid?

    Just exactly who is paying Roy ?

  9. Re: Is DFS (Doofus) a paid shill?

    Doug Mentohl writes:

    > on 21/04/08 08:12 Erik Funkenbusch wrote:
    >
    >> How can you possibly come to this conclusion, yet find tha Roy Schestowitz is not paid?

    > Just exactly who is paying Roy ?

    The British taxpayer for one - who are more than 90% windows users

    QED ....

    From this we can gather that Roy is responsible for the BBC not
    supporting Linux properly. Or the C64. Or the Atari 400. Or the ...

+ Reply to Thread