Expect a settlement in Monsoon GPL suit

,----[ Quote ]
| Does Monsoon want to fight a public relations battle against open source
| users and a lawsuit against open source advocates, alongside a market battle
| with Slingbox in which its own market share is low? From here that’s
| doubtful.

On Behalf of BusyBox Developers, SFLC Files First Ever U.S. GPL Violation

,----[ Quote ]
| The Software Freedom Law Center (SFLC) today announced that it has filed the
| first ever U.S. copyright infringement lawsuit based on a violation of the
| GNU General Public License (GPL)... *

New Method To Detect and Prove GPL Violations

,----[ Quote ]
| "A paper to be presented at the upcoming academic conference Automated
| Software Engineering describes a new method to detect code theft and could be
| used to detect GPL violations in particular. While the co-called birthmarking *
| method is demonstrated for Java, it is general enough to work for other
| languages as well..." *

German Court convicted Skype of violating the GPL

,----[ Quote ]
| German district court Munich has convicted Skype of violating the GPL. One of
| the VoIP telephones sold by Skype run Linux, but the GPL text was not handed
| out together with the phone, although the GPL requires that. *

German GPL defender claims legal victory
,----[ Quote ]
| Open-source programmer Harald Welte said Thursday he won a civil court
| case in Germany centered on the General Public License (GPL). The license
| governs many open-source projects and permits anyone to use software
| covered by it, but requires that companies incorporating GPL software
| make the underlying source code available.

gpl-violations.org project prevails in court case on GPL violation by D-Link

,----[ Quote ]
| D-Link Germany GmbH, a subsidiary of D-Link Corporation, Taiwan R.O.C.,
| distributed DSM-G600, a network attached storage (NAS) device which uses a
| Linux-based Operating System. *However, this distribution was incompliant
| with the GNU General Public License (GPL) which covers the Linux Kernel and
| many other software programs used in the product.

Wallace's Appeal Firmly Rejected - GPL Has Nothing to Fear [pdf]

,----[ Quote ]
| PJ: "Just so you know, Daniel Wallace's appeal of the ruling
| against him in his pro se quest to overthrow the GPL on antitrust
| grounds, one of SCO's daydreams too, has been firmly rejected by
| the appeals court, as I knew it would be."

Would Dostoevsky Use the GPL?

,----[ Quote ]