"My Fedora is being horribly unstable. It freezes at random for no apparent
reason, forcing me to reboot the computer physically. I am running Fedora 8.
The problem occurs both in Gnome and KDE.

At first, I thought it was a hardware issue, so I sent my comp to be
repaired. The technicians cleaned up the interior of the machine but failed
to find any errors in the hardware. So I am quite convinced that that's not
it. I just got the machine back, and it still freezes. (Last time Fedora
lasted a grand total of an hour before dying.)"

http://forums.fedoraforum.org/forum/...hlight=freezes