Re: [News] Sydney Morning Herald: End of the road [for Windows] - Linux

This is a discussion on Re: [News] Sydney Morning Herald: End of the road [for Windows] - Linux ; Roy Schestowitz writes: > End of the road > > ,----[ Quote ] > | Galen Gruman, a technology journalist, wants to save Windows XP. He has set > | up a "Save XP" petition (SaveXP.com) in protest at Microsoft ...

  1. Re: [News] Sydney Morning Herald: End of the road [for Windows]

    Roy Schestowitz writes:

    > End of the road
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    > | Galen Gruman, a technology journalist, wants to save Windows XP. He has set
    > | up a "Save XP" petition (SaveXP.com) in protest at Microsoft dropping Windows
    > | XP at the end of June. This will leave consumers with little choice but to
    > | buy Vista or switch to Mac or Linux.
    > `---- ^^^^^
    >
    > http://blogs.smh.com.au/mashup/archives/017960.html
    >
    > Microsoft pays a lot of its shills at the moment for fake 'studies' and press
    > that cites it (Forrester, Jupiter, Gartner).
    >
    > The brainwash machine is active as Microsoft goes hysterical over the state of
    > unmaintainable Windows (Linux is the #1 threat, so it tries to pull
    > FOSS over

    How on earth could Linux be #1 threat when Macs have at least 10x the
    install base AND can run Windows apps perfectly?

    Do get a clue.

  2. Re: [News] Sydney Morning Herald: End of the road [for Windows]

    Outdated Micoshfat Fraudster and Asstroturfer Hadron wrote on behalf of half
    wits from micoshaft corporation:

    > Roy Schestowitz writes:
    >
    >> End of the road
    >>
    >> ,----[ Quote ]
    >> | Galen Gruman, a technology journalist, wants to save Windows XP. He has
    >> | set up a "Save XP" petition (SaveXP.com) in protest at Microsoft
    >> | dropping Windows XP at the end of June. This will leave consumers with
    >> | little choice but to buy Vista or switch to Mac or Linux.
    >> `---- ^^^^^
    >>
    >> http://blogs.smh.com.au/mashup/archives/017960.html
    >>
    >> Microsoft pays a lot of its shills at the moment for fake 'studies' and
    >> press that cites it (Forrester, Jupiter, Gartner).
    >>
    >> The brainwash machine is active as Microsoft goes hysterical over the
    >> state of unmaintainable Windows (Linux is the #1 threat, so it tries to
    >> pull FOSS over

    > How on earth could Linux be #1 threat when Macs have at least 10x the
    > install base AND can run Windows apps perfectly?
    >
    > Do get a clue.

    You are out dated clueless dude printing duff statements
    from micoshaft marketing department.

    Linux and open source is now far bigger than micoshaft.

  3. Re: [News] Sydney Morning Herald: End of the road [for Windows]

    On Sun, 20 Apr 2008 14:08:31 +0200, Hadron wrote:

    > Roy Schestowitz writes:
    >
    >> End of the road
    >>
    >> ,----[ Quote ]
    >> | Galen Gruman, a technology journalist, wants to save Windows XP. He
    >> has set | up a "Save XP" petition (SaveXP.com) in protest at Microsoft
    >> dropping Windows | XP at the end of June. This will leave consumers
    >> with little choice but to | buy Vista or switch to Mac or Linux. `----
    >> ^^^^^
    >>
    >> http://blogs.smh.com.au/mashup/archives/017960.html
    >>
    >> Microsoft pays a lot of its shills at the moment for fake 'studies' and
    >> press that cites it (Forrester, Jupiter, Gartner).
    >>
    >> The brainwash machine is active as Microsoft goes hysterical over the
    >> state of unmaintainable Windows (Linux is the #1 threat, so it tries to
    >> pull FOSS over

    > How on earth could Linux be #1 threat when Macs have at least 10x the
    > install base AND can run Windows apps perfectly?

    How do Macs perfectly any more than Linux machines?

    And check the news over the past few years. Balmer keeps telling the
    press, partners and the SEC that Linux is a growing threat. Several times
    it has warned they may have to lower prices because of that threat,
    which, of course, has not happened anywhere but the third world, where
    the Microsoft monopoly power is not entrenched.

    > Do get a clue.

    Take your own advice.

    --
    Rick

  4. Re: [News] Sydney Morning Herald: End of the road [for Windows]

    On Sun, 20 Apr 2008 07:46:17 -0500, Rick wrote:

    > On Sun, 20 Apr 2008 14:08:31 +0200, Hadron wrote:
    >
    >> Roy Schestowitz writes:
    >>
    >>> End of the road
    >>>
    >>> ,----[ Quote ]
    >>> has set | up a "Save XP" petition (SaveXP.com) in protest at Microsoft
    >>> dropping Windows | XP at the end of June. This will leave consumers
    >>> with little choice but to | buy Vista or switch to Mac or Linux. `----
    >>> ^^^^^
    >>>
    >>> http://blogs.smh.com.au/mashup/archives/017960.html
    >>>
    >>> Microsoft pays a lot of its shills at the moment for fake 'studies' and
    >>> press that cites it (Forrester, Jupiter, Gartner).
    >>>
    >>> The brainwash machine is active as Microsoft goes hysterical over the
    >>> state of unmaintainable Windows (Linux is the #1 threat, so it tries to
    >>> pull FOSS over

    >> How on earth could Linux be #1 threat when Macs have at least 10x the
    >> install base AND can run Windows apps perfectly?

    > How do Macs perfectly any more than Linux machines?
    >
    > And check the news over the past few years. Balmer keeps telling the
    > press, partners and the SEC that Linux is a growing threat. Several times
    > it has warned they may have to lower prices because of that threat, which,
    > of course, has not happened anywhere but the third world, where the
    > Microsoft monopoly power is not entrenched.

    Yes, Blammer has said that linux is *the* Number One Threat to M$. Maybe
    Quack doesn't read the papers.

    In 2001 Blammer promoted Linux from a threat to the threat.

    As far back as 2003 M$ had a slush fund to "stop Linux at any price".

    In 2003 M$ CFO John Connors said "The general economic environment is
    risk and driver No. 1," he said. "Linux and non-commercial software is
    risk No. 2."

    In 2008, Linux was Threat Number 2. The main threat to M$ windoze?
    Oh, that is WEB BASED THREATS!!
    Larry Bridewell, of AVG anti-virus:
    How many of you would think that if you went to the Bank of India site
    you will get malicious software downloaded? How many would think that if
    you Googled, Better Business Bureau, you would have 140 variants of
    malware downloaded onto your machine and this from taking the top pick
    from Google Adwords?

    M$, the company that made surfing dangerous.

    >> Do get a clue.

    > Take your own advice.

    Quack's an idiot, but I suspect you knew that.

    --
    This message was sent from a
    computer which is guaranteed

  5. Re: [News] Sydney Morning Herald: End of the road [for Windows]

    William Poaster writes:

    > On Sun, 20 Apr 2008 07:46:17 -0500, Rick wrote:

    >>> How on earth could Linux be #1 threat when Macs have at least 10x the
    >>> install base AND can run Windows apps perfectly?

    >> How do Macs perfectly any more than Linux machines?
    >>
    >> And check the news over the past few years. Balmer keeps telling the
    >> press, partners and the SEC that Linux is a growing threat. Several
    >> times

    He said it once a few years ago. Even he must have been surprised how
    COLA and its like managed to totally screw up Linux adoption by failing
    to recognise and fix its shortcomings.

    >> it has warned they may have to lower prices because of that threat, which,
    >> of course, has not happened anywhere but the third world, where the
    >> Microsoft monopoly power is not entrenched.
    >>

    > Yes, Blammer has said that linux is *the* Number One Threat to M$. Maybe
    > Quack doesn't read the papers.
    >
    > In 2001 Blammer promoted Linux from a threat to ‘the’ threat.

    2001? He must be cringing now he realises he was wrong and Linux is
    sitting at about 0.6% of the market.

    > As far back as 2003 M$ had a slush fund to "stop Linux at any price".

    Proof please.

    > In 2003 M$ CFO John Connors said "The general economic environment is
    > risk and driver No. 1," he said. "Linux and non-commercial software is
    > risk No. 2."

    2003?

    > In 2008, Linux was Threat Number 2. The main threat to M$ windoze?
    > Oh, that is WEB BASED THREATS!!
    > Larry Bridewell, of AVG anti-virus:
    > “How many of you would think that if you went to the Bank of India site
    > you will get malicious software downloaded? How many would think that if
    > you Googled, Better Business Bureau, you would have 140 variants of
    > malware downloaded onto your machine and this from taking the top pick
    > from Google Adwords?”
    >
    > M$, the company that made surfing dangerous.
    >
    >>> Do get a clue.

    >> Take your own advice.

    > Quack's an idiot, but I suspect you knew that.

    You are a laughing stock Willy. You are all killfiles and rumour. You
    provide nothing positive to Linux advocacy. Your hatred for MS makes you
    look like the lowbrow wannabe you really are.

    --
    This year with the release of XP, they are actually behind. The end days
    are near for the BIOS reading inferior OS. It is inevitable.

  6. Re: [News] Sydney Morning Herald: End of the road [for Windows]

    On Sun, 20 Apr 2008 15:47:33 +0200, Hadron wrote:

    > William Poaster writes:

    >>> How do Macs perfectly any more than Linux machines?
    >>>
    >>> And check the news over the past few years. Balmer keeps telling the
    >>> press, partners and the SEC that Linux is a growing threat. Several
    >>> times

    > He said it once a few years ago. Even he must have been surprised how
    > COLA and its like managed to totally screw up Linux adoption by failing
    > to recognise and fix its shortcomings.

    Google is your friend. Look it up.

    >>> it has warned they may have to lower prices because of that threat,
    >>> which, of course, has not happened anywhere but the third world, where
    >>> the Microsoft monopoly power is not entrenched.
    >>>

    >> Yes, Blammer has said that linux is *the* Number One Threat to M$.
    >> Maybe Quack doesn't read the papers.
    >>
    >> In 2001 Blammer promoted Linux from a threat to ‘the’ threat.

    > 2001? He must be cringing now he realises he was wrong and Linux is
    > sitting at about 0.6% of the market.

    No, he's still running scared. That's why he's dropping prices in the
    emerging markets.

    >> As far back as 2003 M$ had a slush fund to "stop Linux at any price".

    > Proof please.
    >

    >> In 2003 M$ CFO John Connors said "The general economic environment is
    >> risk and driver No. 1," he said. "Linux and non-commercial software is
    >> risk No. 2."

    > 2003?

    So?

    >> In 2008, Linux was Threat Number 2. The main threat to M$ windoze? Oh,
    >> that is WEB BASED THREATS!!
    >> Larry Bridewell, of AVG anti-virus:
    >> “How many of you would think that if you went to the Bank of India site
    >> you will get malicious software downloaded? How many would think that
    >> if you Googled, Better Business Bureau, you would have 140 variants of
    >> malware downloaded onto your machine and this from taking the top pick
    >> from Google Adwords?”
    >>
    >> M$, the company that made surfing dangerous.

    >>> Take your own advice.

    >> Quack's an idiot, but I suspect you knew that.

    > You are a laughing stock Willy. You are all killfiles and rumour. You
    > provide nothing positive to Linux advocacy. Your hatred for MS makes you
    > look like the lowbrow wannabe you really are.

    You're still a dishonest troll.

    --
    Rick

  7. Re: [News] Sydney Morning Herald: End of the road [for Windows]

    "Rick" wrote in message
    news:FMidnWO2DaZZyZbVnZ2dnUVZ_h3inZ2d@supernews.co m...
    > On Sun, 20 Apr 2008 15:47:33 +0200, Hadron wrote:
    >
    >> William Poaster writes:

    >> He said it once a few years ago. Even he must have been surprised how
    >> COLA and its like managed to totally screw up Linux adoption by failing
    >> to recognise and fix its shortcomings.

    > Google is your friend. Look it up.

    How exactly does one look-up something that never happened?

    >>> Yes, Blammer has said that linux is *the* Number One Threat to M$.
    >>> Maybe Quack doesn't read the papers.
    >>>
    >>> In 2001 Blammer promoted Linux from a threat to 'the' threat.

    >> 2001? He must be cringing now he realises he was wrong and Linux is
    >> sitting at about 0.6% of the market.

    > No, he's still running scared. That's why he's dropping prices in the
    > emerging markets.

    Hardly running scared. Microsoft is selling more software, making more
    revenue and earning more Billion$$$ in profit than ever before. It's
    probably too difficult for kids who live in moms basement to understand but
    this is actually a business decision. Windows is a product that has zero
    incremental cost (it's essentually "free" to create new Windows licenses).
    Since licenses are effectively free to generate, Microsoft is better off
    selling the product for $5 or $10 a copy than not selling it at all to
    regions that can't afford the full price. And if you look at the price of
    Vista in the EU you'll see that they are charging a HIGHER price than in
    the US.

    What a concept... pricing a product differently for different regions of
    the world. Find someone who took an economics class and have them explain
    it to you.

    >>> As far back as 2003 M$ had a slush fund to "stop Linux at any price".

    >> Proof please.
    >>

    >>> In 2003 M$ CFO John Connors said "The general economic environment is
    >>> risk and driver No. 1," he said. "Linux and non-commercial software is
    >>> risk No. 2."

    >> 2003?

    > So?

    5+ year old news.

    >>> In 2008, Linux was Threat Number 2. The main threat to M$ windoze? Oh,
    >>> that is WEB BASED THREATS!!
    >>> Larry Bridewell, of AVG anti-virus:
    >>> "How many of you would think that if you went to the Bank of India site
    >>> you will get malicious software downloaded? How many would think that
    >>> if you Googled, Better Business Bureau, you would have 140 variants of
    >>> malware downloaded onto your machine and this from taking the top pick
    >>> from Google Adwords?"
    >>>
    >>> M$, the company that made surfing dangerous.

    >>> Quack's an idiot, but I suspect you knew that.

    >> You are a laughing stock Willy. You are all killfiles and rumour. You
    >> provide nothing positive to Linux advocacy. Your hatred for MS makes you
    >> look like the lowbrow wannabe you really are.

    > You're still a dishonest troll.
    >
    > --
    > Rick

  8. Re: [News] Sydney Morning Herald: End of the road [for Windows]

    On Sun, 20 Apr 2008 09:35:48 -0500, Rick wrote:

    > On Sun, 20 Apr 2008 15:47:33 +0200, Hadron wrote:
    >
    >> William Poaster writes:

    >> He said it once a few years ago. Even he must have been surprised how
    >> COLA and its like managed to totally screw up Linux adoption by failing
    >> to recognise and fix its shortcomings.

    > Google is your friend. Look it up.

    >>> Yes, Blammer has said that linux is *the* Number One Threat to M$.
    >>> Maybe Quack doesn't read the papers.
    >>>
    >>> In 2001 Blammer promoted Linux from a threat to the threat.

    >> 2001? He must be cringing now he realises he was wrong and Linux is
    >> sitting at about 0.6% of the market.

    > No, he's still running scared. That's why he's dropping prices in the
    > emerging markets.
    >

    >>> As far back as 2003 M$ had a slush fund to "stop Linux at any price".

    >> Proof please.
    >>

    >>> In 2003 M$ CFO John Connors said "The general economic environment is
    >>> risk and driver No. 1," he said. "Linux and non-commercial software is
    >>> risk No. 2."

    >> 2003?

    > So?
    >

    >>> In 2008, Linux was Threat Number 2. The main threat to M$ windoze? Oh,
    >>> that is WEB BASED THREATS!!
    >>> Larry Bridewell, of AVG anti-virus:
    >>> How many of you would think that if you went to the Bank of India
    >>> site you will get malicious software downloaded? How many would think
    >>> that if you Googled, Better Business Bureau, you would have 140
    >>> variants of malware downloaded onto your machine and this from taking
    >>> the top pick from Google Adwords?
    >>>
    >>> M$, the company that made surfing dangerous.

    >>> Quack's an idiot, but I suspect you knew that.

    >> You are a laughing stock Willy. You are all killfiles and rumour. You
    >> provide nothing positive to Linux advocacy. Your hatred for MS makes you
    >> look like the lowbrow wannabe you really are.

    > You're still a dishonest troll.

    Quack's the laughing stock, he doesn't do *any* linux advocacy as he's
    too busy defending M$.
    As for lowbrow, he must have looked in the mirror again. It's a wonder it
    hasn't cracked by mow.

    Some examples of Quack's "Linux advocacy":

    Linux as a desktop OS is pretty much doomed it would appear.
    Too little too late.

    Hadron
    Fri, 25 Jan 2008

    Anyone who says Open Office is as
    good as MS Office is living in denial.

    From: Hadron Quark
    Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
    Subject: Re: what if Microsoft owned Nintendo ..
    Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007

    So you think it's tougher for Free (as in beer) SW to replace MS SW? It
    doesn't replace the MS stuff generally because the "free" application SW
    is piss poor in relation to the purchased versions. The obvious
    exceptions are already well documented here.
    LOL. You guys just get nuttier by the day.

    From: Hadron
    Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
    Subject: Re: [News] Analysts unhappy with Windows Vista
    Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2007 05:56:23 +0100

    And here we have what others have said about Quack:

    Hadron,
    You are so full of **** I am amazed I can't smell you.
    You need to be on arrogant.assholes, not here.

    Bill (sick of Hadron) Baka

    From: Bill Baka
    Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.ubuntu
    Subject: Re: Dual Boot
    Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2008

    You're still an arrogant prick full of himself and your ****ty attitude
    does far more harm than good.

    Meat Plow in reply to Quack
    Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.ubuntu
    Subject: Re: Install to USB Drive
    Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2008

    What you have to remember is that **** floats.
    Hadron always resurfaces.

    From: caver1
    Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.ubuntu
    Date: Tue, 18 Mar 200

    Not what he said, but we all know that your reading skills suck arse...
    You gave no advice at all. *Just more grandstanding and whinnying...

    From: Joe
    Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.ubuntu
    Subject: Re: Server or workstation?
    Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2007

    You sound like a MS fanboy

    From: caver1
    Date: Monday 29 Oct 2007 4:45:17 pm
    Groups: alt.os.linux.ubuntu

    Creative cutting and pasting, though...

    Quack: > I think that will do for now.

    Sure will. *You have already proved what a liar and an idiot you are...

    From: Joe
    Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.ubuntu
    Subject: Re: Another Successful Linux Install
    Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2007

    There is a certain amount of hostility towards Linux in most of your
    posts. Your statement above is one prime example. Google can reveal plenty
    others. Even a blind person reading this newsgroup could pretty quickly
    figure out that you do appear to favor MS...hence why question why do you
    bother with linux?

    From: Stephan Rose
    Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy,alt.os.linux.ubuntu
    Subject: Re: OSX 7% Linux .63% -- Just as predicted --
    Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2008 15:31:18 -0600

    There are plenty more.

    You can now expect more bluster & crap from Quack, I expect.

    --
    This message was sent from a
    computer which is guaranteed
    100% free of the M$ Windoze virus.
    -- 64bit Mandriva 2008.1 --

  9. Re: [News] Sydney Morning Herald: End of the road [for Windows]

    On Sun, 20 Apr 2008 11:00:14 -0400, Ezekiel wrote:

    > "Rick" wrote in message
    > news:FMidnWO2DaZZyZbVnZ2dnUVZ_h3inZ2d@supernews.co m...

    >>> He said it once a few years ago. Even he must have been surprised how
    >>> COLA and its like managed to totally screw up Linux adoption by
    >>> failing to recognise and fix its shortcomings.

    >> Google is your friend. Look it up.

    > How exactly does one look-up something that never happened?

    .... you can't use a search engine?

    >>> 2001? He must be cringing now he realises he was wrong and Linux is
    >>> sitting at about 0.6% of the market.

    >> No, he's still running scared. That's why he's dropping prices in the
    >> emerging markets.

    > Hardly running scared.

    Running scared.

    > Microsoft is selling more software, making more
    > revenue and earning more Billion$$$ in profit than ever before. It's

    Yeah.. that's why it is cutting prices in the emerging markets.

    > probably too difficult for kids who live in moms basement to understand
    > but this is actually a business decision.

    .... like IBM, Novel, Sun, ...

    > Windows is a product that has
    > zero incremental cost (it's essentually "free" to create new Windows
    > licenses). Since licenses are effectively free to generate, Microsoft is
    > better off selling the product for $5 or $10 a copy than not selling it
    > at all to regions that can't afford the full price. And if you look at
    > the price of Vista in the EU you'll see that they are charging a HIGHER
    > price than in the US.

    ,,, the effects of its monopoly power. Artificially high prices.

    > What a concept... pricing a product differently for different regions of
    > the world. Find someone who took an economics class and have them
    > explain it to you.

    You do the same.

    >>> Proof please.

    >>> 2003?

    >> So?

    > 5+ year old news.

    Sill true today.

    >>> You are a laughing stock Willy. You are all killfiles and rumour. You
    >>> provide nothing positive to Linux advocacy. Your hatred for MS makes
    >>> you look like the lowbrow wannabe you really are.

    >> You're still a dishonest troll.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Rick

    You're still a dishonest troll that can't configure a news reader.

    --
    Rick

  10. Re: [News] Sydney Morning Herald: End of the road [for Windows]

    Hadron wrote:
    > Roy Schestowitz writes:
    >
    >> End of the road
    >>
    >> ,----[ Quote ]
    >> | Galen Gruman, a technology journalist, wants to save Windows XP. He has set
    >> | up a "Save XP" petition (SaveXP.com) in protest at Microsoft dropping Windows
    >> | XP at the end of June. This will leave consumers with little choice but to
    >> | buy Vista or switch to Mac or Linux.
    >> `---- ^^^^^
    >>
    >> http://blogs.smh.com.au/mashup/archives/017960.html
    >>
    >> Microsoft pays a lot of its shills at the moment for fake 'studies' and press
    >> that cites it (Forrester, Jupiter, Gartner).
    >>
    >> The brainwash machine is active as Microsoft goes hysterical over the state of
    >> unmaintainable Windows (Linux is the #1 threat, so it tries to pull
    >> FOSS over

    > How on earth could Linux be #1 threat when Macs have at least 10x the
    > install base AND can run Windows apps perfectly?

    Much closer to 5x. And since when did Mac run Windows apps perfectly?

    > Do get a clue.

  11. Re: [News] Sydney Morning Herald: End of the road [for Windows]

    Matt writes:

    > Hadron wrote:
    >> Roy Schestowitz writes:
    >>
    >>> End of the road
    >>>
    >>> ,----[ Quote ]
    >>> XP. He has set | up a "Save XP" petition (SaveXP.com) in protest at
    >>> Microsoft dropping Windows | XP at the end of June. This will
    >>> leave consumers with little choice but to | buy Vista or switch to
    >>> Mac or Linux. `---- ^^^^^
    >>>
    >>> http://blogs.smh.com.au/mashup/archives/017960.html
    >>>
    >>> Microsoft pays a lot of its shills at the moment for fake 'studies' and press
    >>> that cites it (Forrester, Jupiter, Gartner).
    >>>
    >>> The brainwash machine is active as Microsoft goes hysterical over the state of
    >>> unmaintainable Windows (Linux is the #1 threat, so it tries to pull
    >>> FOSS over

    >> How on earth could Linux be #1 threat when Macs have at least 10x the
    >> install base AND can run Windows apps perfectly?

    > Much closer to 5x. And since when did Mac run Windows apps perfectly?

    Look into it.

  12. Re: [News] Sydney Morning Herald: End of the road [for Windows]

    Rick wrote:

    > And check the news over the past few years. Balmer keeps telling the
    > press, partners and the SEC that Linux is a growing threat. Several times
    > it has warned they may have to lower prices because of that threat,
    > which, of course, has not happened anywhere but the third world, where
    > the Microsoft monopoly power is not entrenched.

    http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquir...ship-flounders
    (((((
    > The council nearly opted for open source in 2004 because it was the the cheapest long-term option, but Microsoft cut a last minute deal to make its software more attractive.

    )))))

  13. Re: [News] Sydney Morning Herald: End of the road [for Windows]

    Matt writes:

    > Rick wrote:
    >
    >> And check the news over the past few years. Balmer keeps telling the
    >> press, partners and the SEC that Linux is a growing threat. Several
    >> times it has warned they may have to lower prices because of that
    >> threat, which, of course, has not happened anywhere but the third
    >> world, where the Microsoft monopoly power is not entrenched.

    > http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquir...ship-flounders
    > (((((
    >> The council nearly opted for open source in 2004 because it was the the cheapest long-term option, but Microsoft cut a last minute deal to make its software more attractive.

    > )))))

    You need to read "Secrets and Lies" by Shneier. In it Balmer is quoted
    as saying pretty much something along the lines of "sod, it, yeah we
    know they're going to pirate 10 copies for every legit one, but better
    to be pirated than not used at all". And he has a point.

  14. Re: [News] Sydney Morning Herald: End of the road [for Windows]

    >Quack puked:
    >>
    >> How on earth could Linux be #1 threat when Macs have at least 10x the
    >> install base AND can run Windows apps perfectly?

    How on earth can it be that ****head like you hasn't had the sh*t
    beaten out of you, Quack?

    To answer your question, fsckwit, Macs will always be a niche due to
    their price structure. Macs do not have the open-source advantage
    that *really* threatens Micro$oft.

    "How on earth" indeed, like any of this is terribly difficult to
    figure out. Asshole.

    chrisv writes:

    >>Quack puked:
    >>>
    >>> How on earth could Linux be #1 threat when Macs have at least 10x the
    >>> install base AND can run Windows apps perfectly?

    > How on earth can it be that ****head like you hasn't had the sh*t
    > beaten out of you, Quack?
    >
    > To answer your question, fsckwit, Macs will always be a niche due to
    > their price structure. Macs do not have the open-source advantage
    > that *really* threatens Micro$oft.
    >
    > "How on earth" indeed, like any of this is terribly difficult to
    > figure out. Asshole.

    It seems to be difficult enough looking at the take up figures. And
    realising that a lot of good OSS runs on a Mac too.

    But hey! Why let facts get in the way of another of your vitriolic,
    Neanderthal rants!

+ Reply to Thread