  1. PCLinuxOS: web browsing pathetically unstable

    "Literally two or three minutes after clicking submit and I'm hardware
    resetting, again"

    #4 at
    http://www.pclinuxos.com/index.php?o...&topic=43955.0

  2. Re: PCLinuxOS: web browsing pathetically unstable

    "DFS" writes:

    > "Literally two or three minutes after clicking submit and I'm hardware
    > resetting, again"
    >
    > #4 at
    > http://www.pclinuxos.com/index.php?o...&topic=43955.0

    Some recent Debian updates have meant the same for Firefox and embedded
    videos. I keep getting Gecko crashes. I expect it to be patched soon.

  3. Re: PCLinuxOS: web browsing pathetically unstable

    Hadron wrote:
    > "DFS" writes:
    >
    >> "Literally two or three minutes after clicking submit and I'm
    >> hardware resetting, again"
    >>
    >> #4 at
    >> http://www.pclinuxos.com/index.php?o...&topic=43955.0
    >>

    > Some recent Debian updates have meant the same for Firefox and
    > embedded videos. I keep getting Gecko crashes. I expect it to be
    > patched soon.

    Firefox (on my WinServer 2003 box) crashes very intermittently - maybe once
    a month or 6 weeks.

  4. Re: PCLinuxOS: web browsing pathetically unstable

    Hadron wrote:

    > Some recent Debian updates have meant the same for Firefox and embedded
    > videos. I keep getting Gecko crashes. I expect it to be patched soon.

    Excellent post, O hardcore Linux advocate.

    Now crawl back to the Windoze newsgroups where you belong, ****rod.
    --
    Regards,
    [tv]

    ....INDECISION is the key to FLEXIBILITY.

    Good to the last supper

  5. Re: PCLinuxOS: web browsing pathetically unstable

    On Sun, 20 Apr 2008 01:49:25 -0400, Tattoo Vampire wrote:

    > Hadron wrote:
    >
    >> Some recent Debian updates have meant the same for Firefox and embedded
    >> videos. I keep getting Gecko crashes. I expect it to be patched soon.

    > Excellent post, O hardcore Linux advocate.

    According to Quack, he's using Debian "Lenny" which is *still* in
    "Testing". That means that things should not break as badly as in unstable
    or experimental distributions, because packages are allowed to enter this
    distribution only after a certain period of time has passed, and when they
    don't have any release-critical bugs filed against them. This does NOT
    mean to say they don't *have* bugs, but Quack acts all surprised that an
    application keeps crashing!

    The official *Stable* version of Debian Lenny is not due to be
    released until September 2008.

    As for DooFu$, he's just googling for stuff about PCLinuxOS & *never*
    experienced it himself. I have it running on a 32bit & 64bit machine, & it
    runs without any trouble.

    As for PCLinuxOS being stable.
    If you read further down the thread, which Doofu$ obviously did NOT,
    you'll see the guy used VESA drivers & not the proper ATI ones.
    Once he'd got the ATI ones working, in another thread, it was stable.

    > Now crawl back to the Windoze newsgroups where you belong, ****rod.

    And he can take DooFu$ with him.

    --
    This message was sent from a
    computer which is guaranteed

  6. Re: PCLinuxOS: web browsing pathetically unstable

    Tattoo Vampire writes:

    > Hadron wrote:
    >
    >> Some recent Debian updates have meant the same for Firefox and embedded
    >> videos. I keep getting Gecko crashes. I expect it to be patched soon.

    > Excellent post, O hardcore Linux advocate.
    >
    > Now crawl back to the Windoze newsgroups where you belong, ****rod.

    Why would I be in the Windoze newsgroups? What part of "I expect it to
    be patched soon" confuses you?

    Or, and surely not, maybe you think that my evaluations of Debian
    testing and all the feedback I give somehow means I use Windows?

    Ah yes, object of Marti's desire, you think SW develops itself and never
    has bugs eh? Or maybe, like HPT, you do not understand how Debian
    releases work?

    You really are a somewhat pathetic, little man.

    --
    any facts posited and opposes any conclusions reached in this message.

    -- Seen in the headers of a mail from Branden Robinson

  7. Re: PCLinuxOS: web browsing pathetically unstable

    William Poaster writes:

    > On Sun, 20 Apr 2008 01:49:25 -0400, Tattoo Vampire wrote:
    >
    >> Hadron wrote:
    >>
    >>> Some recent Debian updates have meant the same for Firefox and embedded
    >>> videos. I keep getting Gecko crashes. I expect it to be patched soon.

    >> Excellent post, O hardcore Linux advocate.

    > According to Quack, he's using Debian "Lenny" which is *still* in
    > "Testing". That means that things should not break as badly as in
    > unstable

    Its not "in testing" - it is testing. I always use testing. Any
    references to Lenny in my sources list are long gone.

    > or experimental distributions, because packages are allowed to enter this
    > distribution only after a certain period of time has passed, and when they
    > don't have any release-critical bugs filed against them. This does NOT
    > mean to say they don't *have* bugs, but Quack acts all surprised that an
    > application keeps crashing!

    Where did I act all surprised? Testing apps crash reasonably frequently.

    Another example of Willy Boasters cluelessness.

    --
    any facts posited and opposes any conclusions reached in this message.

    -- Seen in the headers of a mail from Branden Robinson

  8. Re: PCLinuxOS: web browsing pathetically unstable

    Hadron wrote:

    > You really are a somewhat pathetic, little man.

    You're a lying sack of ****, Quack. Want to see pathetic? Look in the
    mirror. Then ask yourself why you hang out in newsgroups devoted to an OS
    you don't even use.
    --
    Regards,
    [tv]

    ....If at first you don't succeed - so much for skydiving.

    Good to the last supper

  9. Re: PCLinuxOS: web browsing pathetically unstable

    Hadron wrote:

    > Its not "in testing" - it is testing. I always use testing. Any
    > references to Lenny in my sources list are long gone.

    You don't use Linux at all, Quack. Why do you keep up that charade?
    --
    Regards,
    [tv]

    ....If at first you don't succeed - so much for skydiving.

    Good to the last supper

  10. Re: PCLinuxOS: web browsing pathetically unstable

    On Sun, 20 Apr 2008 09:54:59 -0400, Tattoo Vampire wrote:

    > Hadron wrote:
    >
    >> Its not "in testing" - it is testing. I always use testing. Any
    >> references to Lenny in my sources list are long gone.

    > You don't use Linux at all, Quack. Why do you keep up that charade?

    Rhonda Quack "The Great Pretender"!

    --
    This message was sent from a
    computer which is guaranteed
    100% free of the M$ Windoze virus.
    -- 64bit Mandriva 2008.1 --

  11. Re: PCLinuxOS: web browsing pathetically unstable

    William Poaster writes:

    > On Sun, 20 Apr 2008 09:54:59 -0400, Tattoo Vampire wrote:
    >
    >> Hadron wrote:
    >>
    >>> Its not "in testing" - it is testing. I always use testing. Any
    >>> references to Lenny in my sources list are long gone.

    >> You don't use Linux at all, Quack. Why do you keep up that charade?

    > Rhonda Quack "The Great Pretender"!

    I can find about 10 posts from helping other Linux users for each one of
    your claims about your magical filters.

    You and big shot Vampire are simply laughing stocks.

    --
    If you take both of those factors together then WinXP is a flop, selling
    *less* than Win 98 by a factor of two.

  12. Re: Vista ME: web browsing pathetically unstable

    William Poaster wrote:

    > On Sun, 20 Apr 2008 01:49:25 -0400, Tattoo Vampire wrote:
    >
    >> Hadron wrote:
    >>
    >>> Some recent Debian updates have meant the same for Firefox and embedded
    >>> videos. I keep getting Gecko crashes. I expect it to be patched soon.

    >> Excellent post, O hardcore Linux advocate.

    > According to Quack, he's using Debian "Lenny" which is *still* in
    > "Testing". That means that things should not break as badly as in unstable
    > or experimental distributions, because packages are allowed to enter this
    > distribution only after a certain period of time has passed, and when they
    > don't have any release-critical bugs filed against them. This does NOT
    > mean to say they don't *have* bugs, but Quack acts all surprised that an
    > application keeps crashing!
    >
    > The official *Stable* version of Debian Lenny is not due to be
    > released until September 2008.
    >
    > As for DooFu$, he's just googling for stuff about PCLinuxOS & *never*
    > experienced it himself. I have it running on a 32bit & 64bit machine, & it
    > runs without any trouble.
    >
    > As for PCLinuxOS being stable.
    > If you read further down the thread, which Doofu$ obviously did NOT,
    > you'll see the guy used VESA drivers & not the proper ATI ones.
    > Once he'd got the ATI ones working, in another thread, it was stable.
    >
    >> Now crawl back to the Windoze newsgroups where you belong, ****rod.

    > And he can take DooFu$ with him.

    --
    RonB
    "There's a story there...somewhere"

  13. Re: Vista ME: web browsing pathetically unstable

    RonB writes:

    > William Poaster wrote:

    >>> Excellent post, O hardcore Linux advocate.

    >> According to Quack, he's using Debian "Lenny" which is *still* in
    >> "Testing". That means that things should not break as badly as in unstable
    >> or experimental distributions, because packages are allowed to enter this
    >> distribution only after a certain period of time has passed, and when they
    >> don't have any release-critical bugs filed against them. This does NOT
    >> mean to say they don't *have* bugs, but Quack acts all surprised that an
    >> application keeps crashing!
    >>
    >> The official *Stable* version of Debian Lenny is not due to be
    >> released until September 2008.
    >>
    >> As for DooFu$, he's just googling for stuff about PCLinuxOS & *never*
    >> experienced it himself. I have it running on a 32bit & 64bit machine, & it
    >> runs without any trouble.
    >>
    >> As for PCLinuxOS being stable.
    >> If you read further down the thread, which Doofu$ obviously did NOT,
    >> you'll see the guy used VESA drivers & not the proper ATI ones.
    >> Once he'd got the ATI ones working, in another thread, it was stable.
    >>
    >>> Now crawl back to the Windoze newsgroups where you belong, ****rod.

    >> And he can take DooFu$ with him.

    Wasn't it your previous post where you chastise someone for not using a
    newsreader properly? Hilarious.

    --
    < jaybonci> actually d-i stands for "divine intervention"
    -- in #debian-devel

  14. Re: PCLinuxOS: web browsing pathetically unstable

    Tattoo Vampire wrote:

    >Hadron snotted:
    >
    >> You really are a somewhat pathetic, little man.

    >You're a lying sack of ****, Quack. Want to see pathetic? Look in the
    >mirror.

    Exactly. Quack is a shameless whore for his beloved Micro$oft Corp.
    He's a bald-faced liar, a fscking idiot, and a genuine creep. Talk
    about pathetic!

  15. Re: PCLinuxOS: web browsing pathetically unstable

    chrisv writes:

    > Tattoo Vampire wrote:
    >
    >>Hadron snotted:
    >>
    >>> You really are a somewhat pathetic, little man.

    >>You're a lying sack of ****, Quack. Want to see pathetic? Look in the
    >>mirror.

    Don't you need to go knit your hair? Considering you are always wishing
    slow and painful deaths on people you seem somewhat sensitive about
    yourself. This suggests to me that you have a plethora of mirrors handy
    yourself.

    > Exactly. Quack is a shameless whore for his beloved Micro$oft Corp.
    > He's a bald-faced liar, a fscking idiot, and a genuine creep. Talk
    > about pathetic!

    Please provide links to me advocating MS or Windows here.

    Thank you.

    --
    < doogie> asuffield: how do you think dpkg was originally written? :|
    < asuffield> by letting iwj get dangerously near a computer

    Hadron wrote:

    > Don't you need to go knit your hair? Considering you are always wishing
    > slow and painful deaths on people you seem somewhat sensitive about
    > yourself. This suggests to me that you have a plethora of mirrors handy
    > yourself.

    Nah - I have no need to look at myself constantly. You, do, however, to
    adjust that cheap rug that lies on top of your bald cranium like roadkill.
    --
    Regards,
    [tv]

    ....666i: BMW of the Beast