PCLinuxOS: freeze --> forced reboot --> corrupt file system - Linux

This is a discussion on PCLinuxOS: freeze --> forced reboot --> corrupt file system - Linux ; "One thing that does bug me is that its suppose to be rock solid when it comes to being stable unlike windows (oh and by the way I dont like windows, I just put up with it) but even though ...

  1. PCLinuxOS: freeze --> forced reboot --> corrupt file system

    "One thing that does bug me is that its suppose to be rock solid when it
    comes to being stable unlike windows (oh and by the way I dont like windows,
    I just put up with it) but even though windows screws up alot it can take
    alot of hammering and isnt as sensitive as Linux, windows locks up, I just
    power it down with the switch, usually sorted with no problems, Linux
    freezes and I power down with switch and I've corrupted the file system or
    something extreme like that most the time"

    http://www.pclinuxos.com/index.php?o...&topic=39498.0

  2. Re: PCLinuxOS: freeze --> forced reboot --> corrupt file system

    On Sat, 19 Apr 2008 23:40:27 -0400, DFS wrote:

    > "One thing that does bug me is that its suppose to be rock solid when it
    > comes to being stable unlike windows (oh and by the way I dont like windows,
    > I just put up with it) but even though windows screws up alot it can take
    > alot of hammering and isnt as sensitive as Linux, windows locks up, I just
    > power it down with the switch, usually sorted with no problems, Linux
    > freezes and I power down with switch and I've corrupted the file system or
    > something extreme like that most the time"
    >
    > http://www.pclinuxos.com/index.php?o...&topic=39498.0

    Oh my....

    That would really piss me off.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  3. Re: PCLinuxOS: freeze --> forced reboot --> corrupt file system

    On Sun, 20 Apr 2008 09:42:56 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb wrote:

    > On Sat, 19 Apr 2008 23:40:27 -0400, DFS wrote:
    >
    >> "One thing that does bug me is that its suppose to be rock solid when
    >> it comes to being stable unlike windows (oh and by the way I dont like
    >> windows, I just put up with it) but even though windows screws up alot
    >> it can take alot of hammering and isnt as sensitive as Linux, windows
    >> locks up, I just power it down with the switch, usually sorted with no
    >> problems, Linux freezes and I power down with switch and I've corrupted
    >> the file system or something extreme like that most the time"
    >>
    >> http://www.pclinuxos.com/index.php?

    option=com_smf&Itemid=58&topic=39498.0

    > Oh my....
    >
    > That would really piss me off.

    Since you say you use PCLOS, we must assume it didn't happen to you.

    --
    Rick

  4. Re: Vista ME: freeze --> forced reboot --> corrupt file system

    Rick wrote:

    > On Sun, 20 Apr 2008 09:42:56 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    >
    >> On Sat, 19 Apr 2008 23:40:27 -0400, DFS wrote:
    >>
    >>> "One thing that does bug me is that its suppose to be rock solid when
    >>> it comes to being stable unlike windows (oh and by the way I dont like
    >>> windows, I just put up with it) but even though windows screws up alot
    >>> it can take alot of hammering and isnt as sensitive as Linux, windows
    >>> locks up, I just power it down with the switch, usually sorted with no
    >>> problems, Linux freezes and I power down with switch and I've corrupted
    >>> the file system or something extreme like that most the time"
    >>>
    >>> http://www.pclinuxos.com/index.php?

    > option=com_smf&Itemid=58&topic=39498.0
    >>
    >> Oh my....
    >>
    >> That would really piss me off.

    > Since you say you use PCLOS, we must assume it didn't happen to you.

    Ahem!

    --
    RonB
    "There's a story there...somewhere"