Why is DFS afraid of PCLinuxOS - Linux

This is a discussion on Why is DFS afraid of PCLinuxOS - Linux ; I wonder... Why is DFS afraid of PCLinuxOS? I think it is because he realizes how good a system it is, and he is jealous. -- Rick...

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Why is DFS afraid of PCLinuxOS

  1. Why is DFS afraid of PCLinuxOS

    I wonder... Why is DFS afraid of PCLinuxOS?

    I think it is because he realizes how good a system it is, and he is
    jealous.

    --
    Rick

  2. Re: Why is DFS afraid of PCLinuxOS

    Rick wrote:

    > I wonder... Why is DFS afraid of PCLinuxOS?


    Probably because it doesn't need rebooting three times a day and he finds
    that eerie.

    --
    RonB
    "There's a story there...somewhere"

  3. Re: Why is DFS afraid of PCLinuxOS

    ____/ RonB on Sunday 20 April 2008 05:07 : \____

    > Rick wrote:
    >
    >> I wonder... Why is DFS afraid of PCLinuxOS?

    >
    > Probably because it doesn't need rebooting three times a day and he finds
    > that eerie.


    Doof is part of the Microsoft ecosystem, which is collapsing at the moment.
    Maybe he lost his job, so he vents out his anger at all the wrong place.

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz The Holy Bible: http://www.gtk.org/documentation.html
    http://Schestowitz.com | RHAT Linux | PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E
    10:20:01 up 5 days, 8:32, 3 users, load average: 1.62, 1.78, 1.96
    http://iuron.com - Open Source knowledge engine project

  4. Re: Why is DFS afraid of PCLinuxOS

    On Sat, 19 Apr 2008 22:16:07 -0500, Rick wrote:

    > I wonder... Why is DFS afraid of PCLinuxOS?
    >
    > I think it is because he realizes how good a system it is, and he is
    > jealous.


    Just because someone posts about Linux deficiencies you think he is afraid?

    By your own reasoning, Roy Schestowitz must be building a bomb shelter.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Collector of soaps from around the globe.
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  5. Re: Why is DFS afraid of PCLinuxOS

    On Sun, 20 Apr 2008 10:24:28 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > ____/ RonB on Sunday 20 April 2008 05:07 : \____
    >
    >> Rick wrote:
    >>
    >>> I wonder... Why is DFS afraid of PCLinuxOS?

    >>
    >> Probably because it doesn't need rebooting three times a day and he finds
    >> that eerie.

    >
    > Doof is part of the Microsoft ecosystem, which is collapsing at the moment.
    > Maybe he lost his job, so he vents out his anger at all the wrong place.


    So what's your excuse Spamowitz?

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Collector of soaps from around the globe.
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  6. Re: Why is DFS afraid of PCLinuxOS

    Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > Doof is part of the Microsoft ecosystem, which is collapsing at the moment.
    > Maybe he lost his job, so he vents out his anger at all the wrong place.


    What makes you think D00FuS even had a job?
    --
    Regards,
    [tv]

    ....Support your local medical examiner: die strangely!

    Owner/Proprietor, Cheesus Crust Pizza Company
    Good to the last supper

  7. Re: Why is DFS afraid of PCLinuxOS

    Linonut writes:

    > * Roy Schestowitz peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >
    >> Doof is part of the Microsoft ecosystem, which is collapsing at the moment.

    >
    > Nonsense, Roy, Microsoft isn't collapsing. They've been suffering some
    > problems, and some of those problems would kill them if they weren't a
    > de facto monopoly. But they're still making progress on a number of
    > fronts (IPTV, business intelligence).


    How are they a monopoly? And IF they are, how come you SAY you use
    Linux?

  8. Re: Why is DFS afraid of PCLinuxOS

    On Sun, 20 Apr 2008 09:40:05 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb wrote:

    > On Sat, 19 Apr 2008 22:16:07 -0500, Rick wrote:
    >
    >> I wonder... Why is DFS afraid of PCLinuxOS?
    >>
    >> I think it is because he realizes how good a system it is, and he is
    >> jealous.

    >
    > Just because someone posts about Linux deficiencies you think he is
    > afraid?


    Not really. But then you, DFS, and your buddies try to extrapolate any
    problem as effecting the the entire Linux community. The reason can only
    be fear.

    >
    > By your own reasoning, Roy Schestowitz must be building a bomb shelter.



    More Roy obsession from you. Did he refuse to ask you to the prom?

    --
    Rick

  9. Re: Why is DFS afraid of PCLinuxOS

    On Sun, 20 Apr 2008 09:40:35 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb wrote:

    > On Sun, 20 Apr 2008 10:24:28 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >
    >> ____/ RonB on Sunday 20 April 2008 05:07 : \____
    >>
    >>> Rick wrote:
    >>>
    >>>> I wonder... Why is DFS afraid of PCLinuxOS?
    >>>
    >>> Probably because it doesn't need rebooting three times a day and he
    >>> finds that eerie.

    >>
    >> Doof is part of the Microsoft ecosystem, which is collapsing at the
    >> moment. Maybe he lost his job, so he vents out his anger at all the
    >> wrong place.

    >
    > So what's your excuse Spamowitz?


    What's your excuse, flatfish?

    --
    Rick

  10. Re: Why is DFS afraid of PCLinuxOS

    On Sun, 20 Apr 2008 16:11:53 +0200, Hadron wrote:

    > Linonut writes:
    >
    >> * Roy Schestowitz peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >>
    >>> Doof is part of the Microsoft ecosystem, which is collapsing at the
    >>> moment.

    >>
    >> Nonsense, Roy, Microsoft isn't collapsing. They've been suffering some
    >> problems, and some of those problems would kill them if they weren't a
    >> de facto monopoly. But they're still making progress on a number of
    >> fronts (IPTV, business intelligence).

    >
    > How are they a monopoly? And IF they are, how come you SAY you use
    > Linux?


    Microsoft wields monopoly power. They have been declared a monoply in
    courts. They can bar market entry, and they can manipulate prices. They
    keep their prices artificially high in the US, UK and Europe, but drop
    them dramatically lower in the emerging markets.

    --
    Rick

  11. Re: Why is DFS afraid of PCLinuxOS

    Rick wrote:

    > I wonder... Why is DFS afraid of PCLinuxOS?
    >
    > I think it is because he realizes how good a system it is, and he is
    > jealous.
    >



    There are more and more people using it. That's why... It gets a lot of
    mention, even in the windows news groups as a very good replacement for
    windows...


    --

    Jerry McBride (jmcbride@mail-on.us)

  12. Re: Why is DFS afraid of PCLinuxOS

    "Rick" stated in post
    vbmdnaT9iOLqKJfVnZ2dnUVZ_orinZ2d@supernews.com on 4/19/08 8:16 PM:

    > I wonder... Why is DFS afraid of PCLinuxOS?
    >
    > I think it is because he realizes how good a system it is, and he is
    > jealous.


    Afraid? What are you talking about?

    Heck, even you admitted it has at least four different commonly used UIs -
    completely fractured.


    --
    When thinking changes your mind, that's philosophy.
    When God changes your mind, that's faith.
    When facts change your mind, that's science.


+ Reply to Thread