    it and it worked.. except that now the computer hangs on boot about half the
    time... It also freezed while I was using OpenOffice.. so I backed off the
    change. Clock is running fast again but the system is stable."

    #13 at
    http://www.pclinuxos.com/index.php?o...&topic=44119.0

  2. Re: PCLinuxOS: keeps time and freezes, or double-times and is stable

    On Sat, 19 Apr 2008 20:34:13 -0400, DFS wrote:

    > You don't get both when you use crapware.
    >

    > "The link provided by T6 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/918461 thanks for
    > the links) made reference to placing "clock=pit" in the bootloader..I tried
    > it and it worked.. except that now the computer hangs on boot about half the
    > time... It also freezed while I was using OpenOffice.. so I backed off the
    > change. Clock is running fast again but the system is stable."
    >

    > #13 at
    > http://www.pclinuxos.com/index.php?o...&topic=44119.0

    Oh my.....

    It seems that Ubuntu's problems are now effecting PCLinuxOS.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  3. Re: Vista ME: keeps time and freezes, or double-times and is stable

    Rick wrote:

    > On Sun, 20 Apr 2008 09:32:24 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    >
    >> On Sat, 19 Apr 2008 20:34:13 -0400, DFS wrote:
    >>
    >>> You don't get both when you use crapware.
    >>>

    >>> "The link provided by T6 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/918461
    >>> thanks for the links) made reference to placing "clock=pit" in the
    >>> bootloader..I tried it and it worked.. except that now the computer
    >>> hangs on boot about half the time... It also freezed while I was using
    >>> OpenOffice.. so I backed off the change. Clock is running fast again
    >>> but the system is stable."
    >>>

    >>> #13 at
    >>> http://www.pclinuxos.com/index.php?

    > option=com_smf&Itemid=58&topic=44119.0
    >>
    >> Oh my.....
    >>
    >> It seems that Ubuntu's problems are now effecting PCLinuxOS.

    > When will you be switching away from PCLOS?

    Ahem!

    --
    RonB
    "There's a story there...somewhere"