Re: [News] Another "Linux is Not (Cheap) Windows" Rebuttal - Linux

This is a discussion on Re: [News] Another "Linux is Not (Cheap) Windows" Rebuttal - Linux ; On Sat, 22 Sep 2007 23:14:19 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote: > Should We Listen to Walt Mossberg? > > ,----[ Quote ] >| I will say, that despite my respect for Mossberg, a lot of his complaints are >| the ...

  1. Re: [News] Another "Linux is Not (Cheap) Windows" Rebuttal

    On Sat, 22 Sep 2007 23:14:19 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > Should We Listen to Walt Mossberg?
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    >| I will say, that despite my respect for Mossberg, a lot of his complaints are
    >| the typical, vague oft-repeated observations based on an imperfect
    >| understanding about what Linux is and how a Linux distribution works.
    > `----
    >
    > http://www.linux.org/news/opinion/mossberg.html

    Salesman: Hi! Welcome to Best Auto's, what can I do for you?

    Joe: Hi, I want to buy a car
    Salesman: Sure, check out our brand new Jetpacks!

    Joe: I don't want a jetpack, I want a car.
    Salesman: You want our jetpacks to act like cars? That's preposterous!

    Joe: No. I want a car.
    Salesman: You just don't udnerstand Jetpacks. They're far superior to
    cars.

    Joe: Ok, so is it easy to use? Can I find fuel for it at any local store?
    Will it let me go 300+ miles on a fill? Does it have a stereo, and
    comfortable seats?
    Salesman: What?! No way, you just want our jetpacks to act like cars.

    Joe: Nevermind
    Salesman: Stupid customer. I just don't get why we don't sell more of
    these.

    ---------------------------------

    The moral of the story is, if you want to sell something to someone, you
    have to give them what they want.

    The question comes down to whether or not you want people to use Linux, or
    if you only want those that want Linux to use Linux.

  2. Re: [News] Another "Linux is Not (Cheap) Windows" Rebuttal

    Micoshaft Corporation's Asstroturfer Erik Funkenbusch wrote on behalf of
    Micoshaft Corporation:

    > On Sat, 22 Sep 2007 23:14:19 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >
    >> Should We Listen to Walt Mossberg?
    >>
    >> ,----[ Quote ]
    >>| I will say, that despite my respect for Mossberg, a lot of his
    >>| complaints are the typical, vague oft-repeated observations based on an
    >>| imperfect understanding about what Linux is and how a Linux distribution
    >>| works.
    >> `----
    >>
    >> http://www.linux.org/news/opinion/mossberg.html

    > Salesman: Hi! Welcome to Best Auto's, what can I do for you?

    Joe: Hi, I want to buy a jetpack PC
    Salesman: Sure, check out our brand new Pistified PCs!

    Joe: I don't want to get Pistified, I want a jetpack PC!!
    Salesman: You want our jetpacks to act like Pistified
    PCs?**That's*preposterous!

    Joe: No.**I*want*a*jetpack PC.
    Salesman: You just don't udnerstand Jetpacks.**They're*far*superior*to
    Pistified PCs.

    Joe: Ok, so is it easy to use?**Can*I*find*fuel*for*it*at*any*local*store?
    Will it let me go 300+ miles on a fill?**Does*it*have*a*stereo,*and
    comfortable seats?
    Salesman: What?! No way, you just want our jetpacks to act like PISTA?

    Joe: Nevermind
    Salesman: Stupid customer.**I*just*don't*get*why*we*don't*sell*more *of
    these PISTA.

    ---------------------------------

    The moral of the story is, if you want to sell something to someone, you
    have to give them what they want.**

    The question comes down to whether or not you want people to use Linux, or
    if you only want those that want Linux to use Linux.

    A jetpack is a jetpack and Linux is Linux. The two are one and the same.
    Don't try to sell a Pistified PC to a Linux customer.

    And when you do sell a Pistified PC, be prompt when the customer
    asks for Pista refund. Otherwise, you can now be legally charged
    with an Abusive Refunds policy and be forced to pay in full
    for the full refunds, court costs, and 500 Euros extra.

  3. Re: [News] Another "Linux is Not (Cheap) Windows" Rebuttal

    On Sun, 23 Sep 2007 03:30:53 GMT, 7 wrote:

    > Micoshaft Corporation's Asstroturfer Erik Funkenbusch wrote on behalf of
    > Micoshaft Corporation:
    >
    >> On Sat, 22 Sep 2007 23:14:19 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >>
    >>> Should We Listen to Walt Mossberg?
    >>>
    >>> ,----[ Quote ]
    >>> `----
    >>>
    >>> http://www.linux.org/news/opinion/mossberg.html

    >> Salesman: Hi! Welcome to Best Auto's, what can I do for you?

    > Joe: Hi, I want to buy a jetpack PC
    > Salesman: Sure, check out our brand new Pistified PCs!
    >
    > Joe: I don't want to get Pistified, I want a jetpack PC!!
    > Salesman: You want our jetpacks to act like Pistified
    > PCs?**That's*preposterous!
    >
    > Joe: No.**I*want*a*jetpack PC.
    > Salesman: You just don't udnerstand Jetpacks.**They're*far*superior*to
    > Pistified PCs.
    >
    > Joe: Ok, so is it easy to use?**Can*I*find*fuel*for*it*at*any*local*store?
    > Will it let me go 300+ miles on a fill?**Does*it*have*a*stereo,*and
    > comfortable seats?
    > Salesman: What?! No way, you just want our jetpacks to act like PISTA?
    >
    > Joe: Nevermind
    > Salesman: Stupid customer.**I*just*don't*get*why*we*don't*sell*more *of
    > these PISTA.
    >
    > ---------------------------------
    >
    > The moral of the story is, if you want to sell something to someone, you
    > have to give them what they want.**
    >
    > The question comes down to whether or not you want people to use Linux, or
    > if you only want those that want Linux to use Linux.
    >
    > A jetpack is a jetpack and Linux is Linux. The two are one and the same.
    > Don't try to sell a Pistified PC to a Linux customer.
    >
    > And when you do sell a Pistified PC, be prompt when the customer
    > asks for Pista refund. Otherwise, you can now be legally charged
    > with an Abusive Refunds policy and be forced to pay in full
    > for the full refunds, court costs, and 500 Euros extra.

    Are you drunk?

+ Reply to Thread