lack of interest in hacking Ubuntu .. - Linux

This is a discussion on lack of interest in hacking Ubuntu .. - Linux ; '"There was just no interest in Ubuntu," said Terri Forslof, manager of security response at 3Com Corp.'s TippingPoint subsidiary' http://tinyurl.com/2zpaw8 http://computerworld.com/action/arti...&intsrc=kc_top "Prior to joining TippingPoint, Terri was a Security Program Manager for the Microsoft Security Response Center" http://dvlabs.tippingpoint.com/team/tforslof -- just ...

  1. lack of interest in hacking Ubuntu ..

    --

    just the facts, maam

  2. Re: lack of interest in hacking Ubuntu ..

    Doug Mentohl wrote:

    > '"There was just no interest in Ubuntu," said Terri Forslof, manager
    > of security response at 3Com Corp.'s TippingPoint subsidiary'
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/2zpaw8

    http://computerworld.com/action/arti...&intsrc=kc_top

    > "Prior to joining TippingPoint, Terri was a Security Program Manager
    > for the Microsoft Security Response Center"
    >
    > http://dvlabs.tippingpoint.com/team/tforslof
    >
    > --
    >
    > just the facts, maam

    No, just another man's opinion.

    Them's the real facts, ma'am.

    --
    RonB
    "There's a story there...somewhere"

  3. Re: lack of interest in hacking Ubuntu ..

    ____/ RonB on Saturday 19 April 2008 20:05 : \____

    > Doug Mentohl wrote:
    >
    >> '"There was just no interest in Ubuntu," said Terri Forslof, manager
    >> of security response at 3Com Corp.'s TippingPoint subsidiary'
    >>
    >> http://tinyurl.com/2zpaw8

    http://computerworld.com/action/arti...&intsrc=kc_top

    >> "Prior to joining TippingPoint, Terri was a Security Program Manager
    >> for the Microsoft Security Response Center"
    >>
    >> http://dvlabs.tippingpoint.com/team/tforslof
    >>
    >> --
    >>
    >> just the facts, maam

    > No, just another man's opinion.
    >
    > Them's the real facts, ma'am.

    The man from Nokia who fought Ogg Vorbis also turned out to have come from the
    Microsoft cult[1] (former Microsoft employee)

    ___
    [1] http://www.groklaw.net/article.php?s...71023002351958

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | "I blame God for making me an atheist"
    04:00:06 up 5 days, 2:12, 3 users, load average: 2.88, 1.77, 1.35

  4. Re: lack of interest in hacking Ubuntu ..

    Roy Schestowitz espoused:
    > ____/ RonB on Saturday 19 April 2008 20:05 : \____
    >
    >> Doug Mentohl wrote:
    >>
    >>> '"There was just no interest in Ubuntu," said Terri Forslof, manager
    >>> of security response at 3Com Corp.'s TippingPoint subsidiary'
    >>>
    >>> http://tinyurl.com/2zpaw8
    >>>

    > http://computerworld.com/action/arti...&intsrc=kc_top
    >>>
    >>> "Prior to joining TippingPoint, Terri was a Security Program Manager
    >>> for the Microsoft Security Response Center"
    >>>
    >>> http://dvlabs.tippingpoint.com/team/tforslof
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>>
    >>> just the facts, maam

    >> No, just another man's opinion.
    >>
    >> Them's the real facts, ma'am.

    > The man from Nokia who fought Ogg Vorbis also turned out to have come from the
    > Microsoft cult[1] (former Microsoft employee)

    This has become something of an endemic problem. Not only must one
    address the shillcosystem, the MCSEs and so on, but one also has the
    increasingly irritating and irksome task of handling the ex-Microsoft
    employees who seem to have forgotten that they've moved to another
    employer.

  5. Re: lack of interest in hacking Ubuntu ..

    ____/ Mark Kent on Monday 21 April 2008 10:36 : \____

    > Roy Schestowitz espoused:
    >> ____/ RonB on Saturday 19 April 2008 20:05 : \____

    http://computerworld.com/action/arti...&intsrc=kc_top

    >>> No, just another man's opinion.
    >>>
    >>> Them's the real facts, ma'am.

    >> The man from Nokia who fought Ogg Vorbis also turned out to have come from
    >> the Microsoft cult[1] (former Microsoft employee)
    >>

    > This has become something of an endemic problem. Not only must one
    > address the shillcosystem, the MCSEs and so on, but one also has the
    > increasingly irritating and irksome task of handling the ex-Microsoft
    > employees who seem to have forgotten that they've moved to another
    > employer.

    Google's CEO spoke about this problem. They already ruin parts of Google, one
    professor tells me.

    Google Goes Globe-Trotting

    ,----[ Quoet ]
    | "Google is so different that it was almost impossible to reprogram them into
    | this culture," says CEO Eric Schmidt.
    `----

    http://www.newsweek.com/id/67919

    Some ex-Softies also regroup inside EMC. They could be trying to have those
    rivals become part of the Trust. Remember Novell, the company that saw
    Microsoft threatening to 'slaughter' it (Allchin quote)? Or XenSource?
    Microsoft is now poisoning Yahoo on the face of it (board hijack). BBC, Nokia,
    Vodafone and the list goes on and on...

    Like lawsuits-by-proxy, fight via insiders is quite the science... honest!
    There are even proxy fight consultants.

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | $> sudo root; cd /; rm -rf *.doc
    Tasks: 110 total, 1 running, 109 sleeping, 0 stopped, 0 zombie

  6. Re: lack of interest in hacking Ubuntu ..

    On Mon, 21 Apr 2008 12:59:21 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > Google's CEO spoke about this problem. They already ruin parts of Google, one
    > professor tells me.

    A professor tells you?

    You sound like a starry eyed freshman, Roy Schestowitz...

    Grow up and think for yourself for a change.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

+ Reply to Thread