IT security is a futile pursuit says IBM .. - Linux

This is a discussion on IT security is a futile pursuit says IBM .. - Linux ; 'The security industry has no future and traditional virus-fighting efforts are “a never-ending cycle of success and failure”' "Security needs to be a part of the technology itself. We don't need to add security to VoIP and virtualization. We need ...

  1. IT security is a futile pursuit says IBM ..

    'The security industry has no future and traditional virus-fighting
    efforts are “a never-ending cycle of success and failure”'

    "Security needs to be a part of the technology itself. We don't need
    to add security to VoIP and virtualization. We need secure VoIP and
    secure virtualization. Security needs to be intrinsic to the
    technology,”

    http://snipurl.com/25058
    http://www.information-age.com/home/...says-ibm.thtml

    Let all the 'innovators' print out the latter part, stick it on the
    wall and read it five times a day ..

    --

    It'll be interesting to see how fuddie finds anti-MS sentiment in this
    and starts seeing things ...

  2. Re: IT security is a futile pursuit says IBM ..

    On Sat, 19 Apr 2008 10:56:33 -0700 (PDT), Doug Mentohl wrote:

    > 'The security industry has no future and traditional virus-fighting
    > efforts are ´a never-ending cycle of success and failureˇ'
    >
    > "Security needs to be a part of the technology itself. We don't need
    > to add security to VoIP and virtualization. We need secure VoIP and
    > secure virtualization. Security needs to be intrinsic to the
    > technology,ˇ

    No kidding Jack....
    So how many years and how many millions of dollars did IBM feed into that
    study?

    Any person working in Information Technology could have told that to IBM in
    the first 5 minutes of discussion.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots: