Vista broom sweeps top execs out the door .. - Linux

This is a discussion on Vista broom sweeps top execs out the door .. - Linux ; "The departure of a number of high-level Microsoft Corp. executives who worked on Windows Vista doesn't qualify as "brain drain," but it's probably connected to the operating system's perceived failures" http://tinyurl.com/59awlj http://www.computerworld.com/action/...intsrc=hm_list...

  1. Vista broom sweeps top execs out the door ..

    "The departure of a number of high-level Microsoft Corp. executives
    who worked on Windows Vista doesn't qualify as "brain drain," but it's
    probably connected to the operating system's perceived failures"

    http://tinyurl.com/59awlj
    http://www.computerworld.com/action/...intsrc=hm_list

  2. Re: Vista broom sweeps top execs out the door ..

    Doug Mentohl wrote:

    > "The departure of a number of high-level Microsoft Corp. executives
    > who worked on Windows Vista doesn't qualify as "brain drain," but it's
    > probably connected to the operating system's perceived failures"
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/59awlj

    http://www.computerworld.com/action/...intsrc=hm_list

    How can this be? The WinTrolls are telling us what a fantastic success Vista
    ME has been.

    --
    RonB
    "There's a story there...somewhere"

  3. Re: Vista broom sweeps top execs out the door ..

    RonB wrote:
    > Doug Mentohl wrote:
    >
    >> "The departure of a number of high-level Microsoft Corp. executives
    >> who worked on Windows Vista doesn't qualify as "brain drain," but
    >> it's probably connected to the operating system's perceived failures"
    >>
    >> http://tinyurl.com/59awlj
    >>

    > http://www.computerworld.com/action/...intsrc=hm_list
    >
    > How can this be? The WinTrolls are telling us what a fantastic
    > success Vista ME has been.

    Vista is a huge financial success, and has absolutely wiped the floor with
    Linux in user adoption, and the link you and Mental cite is just
    speculation.

    On the other hand, we know for certain that Dan Robbins - founder of
    Gentoo - left his project to go to work for Microsoft because of
    cheap-asses like you who won't buy Linux software.
    http://www.osnews.com/story/10838

  4. Re: Vista broom sweeps top execs out the door ..

    ____/ RonB on Saturday 19 April 2008 20:44 : \____

    > Doug Mentohl wrote:
    >
    >> "The departure of a number of high-level Microsoft Corp. executives
    >> who worked on Windows Vista doesn't qualify as "brain drain," but it's
    >> probably connected to the operating system's perceived failures"
    >>
    >> http://tinyurl.com/59awlj

    http://www.computerworld.com/action/...intsrc=hm_list

    > How can this be? The WinTrolls are telling us what a fantastic success Vista
    > ME has been.

    No, even Gates and Ballmer have admitted that it has problems.

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | FreeBSD - sidling with a little devil
    04:05:01 up 5 days, 2:17, 3 users, load average: 0.80, 1.27, 1.26

  5. Re: Vista broom sweeps top execs out the door ..

    On Sat, 19 Apr 2008 20:08:02 -0400, DFS wrote:

    [snip]

    > On the other hand, we know for certain that Dan Robbins - founder of
    > Gentoo - left his project to go to work for Microsoft because of
    > cheap-asses like you who won't buy Linux software.
    > http://www.osnews.com/story/10838

    http://news.zdnet.com/2100-3513_22-6039101.html

    Gentoo Linux founder quits Microsoft

    Daniel Robbins, the founder and former chief architect of the Gentoo
    Linux project, has quit his job at Microsoft after only eight months,
    the software giant has confirmed.

  6. Re: Vista broom sweeps top execs out the door ..

    On Sun, 20 Apr 2008 06:15:29 -0500, blobby wrote:

    > On Sat, 19 Apr 2008 20:08:02 -0400, DFS wrote:
    >
    > [snip]
    >
    >> On the other hand, we know for certain that Dan Robbins - founder of
    >> Gentoo - left his project to go to work for Microsoft because of
    >> cheap-asses like you who won't buy Linux software.
    >> http://www.osnews.com/story/10838

    > http://news.zdnet.com/2100-3513_22-6039101.html
    >
    > Gentoo Linux founder quits Microsoft
    >
    > Daniel Robbins, the founder and former chief architect of the Gentoo
    > Linux project, has quit his job at Microsoft after only eight months,
    > the software giant has confirmed.

    Yea, Microsoft discovered he was a hack and gave him the boot.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  7. Re: Vista broom sweeps top execs out the door ..

    * RonB peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > Doug Mentohl wrote:
    >
    >> "The departure of a number of high-level Microsoft Corp. executives
    >> who worked on Windows Vista doesn't qualify as "brain drain," but it's
    >> probably connected to the operating system's perceived failures"
    >>
    >> http://tinyurl.com/59awlj
    >>

    > http://www.computerworld.com/action/...intsrc=hm_list
    >
    > How can this be? The WinTrolls are telling us what a fantastic success Vista
    > ME has been.

    Maybe they got caught check-kiting?

    Or at least "Vista-kiting"?

    --
    The finest pieces of software are those where one individual has a complete
    sense of exactly how the program works. To have that, you have to really

  8. Re: Vista broom sweeps top execs out the door ..

    DFS wrote:
    > RonB wrote:
    >> Doug Mentohl wrote:
    >>
    >>> "The departure of a number of high-level Microsoft Corp. executives
    >>> who worked on Windows Vista doesn't qualify as "brain drain," but
    >>> it's probably connected to the operating system's perceived failures"
    >>>
    >>> http://tinyurl.com/59awlj
    >>>

    >> http://www.computerworld.com/action/...intsrc=hm_list
    >>
    >> How can this be? The WinTrolls are telling us what a fantastic
    >> success Vista ME has been.

    > Vista is a huge financial success, and has absolutely wiped the floor with
    > Linux in user adoption, and the link you and Mental cite is just
    > speculation.
    >
    > On the other hand, we know for certain that Dan Robbins - founder of
    > Gentoo - left his project to go to work for Microsoft because of
    > cheap-asses like you who won't buy Linux software.
    > http://www.osnews.com/story/10838

    You sound like the Iragi Information Minister.

  9. Re: Vista broom sweeps top execs out the door ..

    Philip wrote:
    > DFS wrote:

    >> Vista is a huge financial success, and has absolutely wiped the
    >> floor with Linux in user adoption, and the link you and Mental cite
    >> is just speculation.
    >>
    >> On the other hand, we know for certain that Dan Robbins - founder of
    >> Gentoo - left his project to go to work for Microsoft because of
    >> cheap-asses like you who won't buy Linux software.
    >> http://www.osnews.com/story/10838

    > You sound like the Iragi Information Minister.

    Except for one small point - everything I said is 100% true.

  10. Re: Vista broom sweeps top execs out the door ..

    DFS wrote:
    > Philip wrote:
    >> DFS wrote:

    >>> Vista is a huge financial success, and has absolutely wiped the
    >>> floor with Linux in user adoption, and the link you and Mental cite
    >>> is just speculation.
    >>>
    >>> On the other hand, we know for certain that Dan Robbins - founder of
    >>> Gentoo - left his project to go to work for Microsoft because of
    >>> cheap-asses like you who won't buy Linux software.
    >>> http://www.osnews.com/story/10838

    >> You sound like the Iragi Information Minister.

    > Except for one small point - everything I said is 100% true.

    That's exactly what the Iraqi Information Minister would have said.

  11. Re: Vista broom sweeps top execs out the door ..

    On Sun, 20 Apr 2008 14:21:57 -0700, Philip wrote:

    > DFS wrote:
    >> Philip wrote:

    >>> You sound like the Iragi Information Minister.

    >> Except for one small point - everything I said is 100% true.
    >>

    > That's exactly what the Iraqi Information Minister would have said.

    You *do* have a point there, but DFS's posts can easily be checked.
    Go look for yourself.
    They seem accurate to me.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  12. Re: Vista broom sweeps top execs out the door ..

    On 2008-04-20, Philip claimed:
    > DFS wrote:

    >> Vista is a huge financial success, and has absolutely wiped the floor with
    >> Linux in user adoption, and the link you and Mental cite is just
    >> speculation.

    > You sound like the Iragi Information Minister.

    The Iraqi Information Minister was Mensa material in comparison to
    DuFuS.

    --
    Bill Gates: "As long as they [China] are going to steal it, we want
    them to steal ours. They'll get sort of addicted, and then we'll

+ Reply to Thread