encourage users to become programmers .. - Linux

This is a discussion on encourage users to become programmers .. - Linux ; "the lack of programming tools or any encouragement even to engage with writing code is regrettable" "However there is another, more pressing, reason to encourage users to become programmers, because we need good programmers for the UK's software industry and ...

  1. encourage users to become programmers ..

    "the lack of programming tools or any encouragement even to engage
    with writing code is regrettable"

    "However there is another, more pressing, reason to encourage users to
    become programmers, because we need good programmers for the UK's
    software industry and at the moment we do not have enough of them"

  2. Re: encourage users to become programmers ..

    On Sat, 19 Apr 2008 09:21:25 -0700 (PDT), Doug Mentohl wrote:

    > "the lack of programming tools or any encouragement even to engage
    > with writing code is regrettable"
    >
    > "However there is another, more pressing, reason to encourage users to
    > become programmers, because we need good programmers for the UK's
    > software industry and at the moment we do not have enough of them"

    Why should students become programmers when the large companies have off
    shored a good portion of those type of jobs thus dropping the salary
    levels?

    IOW why pay a stateside programmer $80k a year when you can pay a Bangalore
    programmer $5k a year for the same output?

    Better to send the kid to business school and set him up in his own
    business.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots: