Cisco finds that it's not so easy working with Microsoft

,----[ Quote ]
| Apparently Microsoft has "taken limited steps to share users' presence and
| availabilty information," for fear of losing its ability to own all of the
| client.
|
| Someone should tell Chambers that in reality it's not so easy working with
| Microsoft.
`----

http://www.networkworld.com/communit...s0hb=&story=ht

Related:

Cisco CEO Says Microsoft Screws Its Partners Everytime...Just Like Apple.

,----[ Quote ]
| If partnering with Microsoft is not a win-win then it must be a win-lose…in
| Microsoft’s favor of course.
`----

http://www.ceosmack.com/2007/07/25/c...st-like-apple/

Cisco CEO: 'Microsoft Has Given Us a Three-Year Lead'

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft has given us a three-year lead. And we've never lost a
| game when we've had a three-year lead... It's a battle we fully
| intend to win.
`----

http://biz.yahoo.com/seekingalpha/07...0_id.html?.v=1

Microsoft's Worst Nightmare (Nope, Not Google)

,----[ Quote ]
| The Cisco/Linksys drive into the home follows an absolutely miserable
| effort by Microsoft, which had a first-mover advantage but blew it in
| favor of its Xbox gaming play. Maybe Microsoft figured the timing just
| wasn't right. In any case, Microsoft angered a lot of digital home
| integrators who were hoping for some support to break open the
| market.
`----

http://www.crn.com/digital-home/198700830

Cisco benefits as Microsoft keeps moving the goalposts

,----[ Quote ]
| Forced between choosing between unified comms vendors, many users
| are reluctantly opting to use an alternative to Microsoft. Others,
| it seems, are a lot less disappointed.
|
| [...]
|
| The Microsoft partner confessed that Cisco is the preferred option. "Cisco
| has a better track record of consistency on upgrades. Whereas Microsoft?s
| new products can be a completely different kettle of fish from the last,"
| he said.
`----

Cisco, Microsoft, Others Get Together On Security

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft, Cisco Systems and the open-standards Trusted Computing
| Group each developed their own NAC approaches, which use a variety
| of software and hardware to boost network security.
`----

http://biz.yahoo.com/ibd/070531/tech01.html?.v=1

Can Microsoft and Cisco Still Be Pals?

,----[ Quote ]
| That puts it in direct competition with Microsoft, which is No. 2
| with its Live Meeting service. Microsoft's big push will come in
| June when it begins producing a host of products, including Microsoft
| Office Communicator 2007.
`----

http://www.businessweek.com/bwdaily/...mpaign_id=yhoo
http://tinyurl.com/2pt3yw

Why the world needs openness, not interoperability.

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://news.com.com/2061-11203_3-611...2960&subj=news