Another stupid problem - busybox - jffs2 - Linux

This is a discussion on Another stupid problem - busybox - jffs2 - Linux ; Sorry to disturb you again. I encountered a new special problem. On my friends computer i want to install the same setup as on mine On his small server i installed linux and busybox so far. When creating now a ...

  1. Another stupid problem - busybox - jffs2

    Sorry to disturb you again.

    I encountered a new special problem.

    On my friends computer i want to install the same setup as on mine

    On his small server i installed linux and busybox so far.

    When creating now a jffs2 filesystem and mounting it the very first time,
    it takes quite long, as it has to "format" all compact flash
    As it takes really long, "something" does not believe that and just
    "kills" (unix kill sig 9) the mount command.

    Does anybody know if this is a behavior of busybox, linux kernel, or
    something else ...

    thank you for your ideas

  2. Re: Another stupid problem - busybox - jffs2

    On 19 Apr 2008 12:38:49 GMT Guenther Sohler wrote:

    | Sorry to disturb you again.
    |
    | I encountered a new special problem.
    |
    | On my friends computer i want to install the same setup as on mine
    |
    | On his small server i installed linux and busybox so far.
    |
    | When creating now a jffs2 filesystem and mounting it the very first time,
    | it takes quite long, as it has to "format" all compact flash
    | As it takes really long, "something" does not believe that and just
    | "kills" (unix kill sig 9) the mount command.

    Is this really "compact flash" as in the little plug in memory cards? Or is
    it MTD flash in chips as part of the device board? What size is it?

    --
    |WARNING: Due to extreme spam, I no longer see any articles originating from |
    | Google Groups. If you want your postings to be seen by more readers |

  3. Re: Another stupid problem - busybox - jffs2

    Yes, its really compact flash(like you can buy in mediamarkt)
    I use block2mtd to get an mtd device out of it.

    its size is 2 GB.

    rds

    On Mon, 21 Apr 2008 00:45:41 +0000, phil-news-nospam wrote:

    > On 19 Apr 2008 12:38:49 GMT Guenther Sohler wrote:
    >
    > | Sorry to disturb you again.
    > |
    > | I encountered a new special problem.
    > |
    > | On my friends computer i want to install the same setup as on mine
    > |
    > | On his small server i installed linux and busybox so far.
    > |
    > | When creating now a jffs2 filesystem and mounting it the very first time,
    > | it takes quite long, as it has to "format" all compact flash
    > | As it takes really long, "something" does not believe that and just
    > | "kills" (unix kill sig 9) the mount command.
    >
    > Is this really "compact flash" as in the little plug in memory cards? Or is
    > it MTD flash in chips as part of the device board? What size is it?

+ Reply to Thread