    anyway trying the 386 kernel to see if that helps? so far so good but wont
    give a definitive thumbs up for a couple of days, as sods law it'll soon go
    belly up"

    #118 at http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=412125&page=12

  2. Re: Linux: "falls apart again"

    On Sat, 19 Apr 2008 00:52:33 -0400, DFS wrote:

    > "AARRRGGGHHH just as it seems everything is working it all falls apart
    > again.
    >
    > findings so far..
    > 1. it doesn't appear to be restricted drivers , as removing them seems to
    > make no real difference
    > 2. If system is stable for more than 30 minutes it will generally stay up
    > all day
    > 3. no acpi etc changes have no beneficial effect on my system
    > 4. possibly rt61 drivers??
    >
    > anyway trying the 386 kernel to see if that helps? so far so good but wont
    > give a definitive thumbs up for a couple of days, as sods law it'll soon go
    > belly up"
    >
    > #118 at http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=412125&page=12

    Linux is only free when your time has no value.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  3. Re: Linux: "falls apart again"

    On Sun, 20 Apr 2008 08:43:01 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb wrote:

    > On Sat, 19 Apr 2008 00:52:33 -0400, DFS wrote:
    >
    >> "AARRRGGGHHH just as it seems everything is working it all falls apart
    >> again.
    >>
    >> findings so far..
    >> 1. it doesn't appear to be restricted drivers , as removing them seems
    >> to make no real difference
    >> 2. If system is stable for more than 30 minutes it will generally stay
    >> up all day
    >> 3. no acpi etc changes have no beneficial effect on my system 4.
    >> possibly rt61 drivers??
    >>
    >> anyway trying the 386 kernel to see if that helps? so far so good but
    >> wont give a definitive thumbs up for a couple of days, as sods law
    >> it'll soon go belly up"
    >>
    >> #118 at http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=412125&page=12

    > Linux is only free when your time has no value.

    .... and you continue your dishonest little slurs...

    But then, you and you family do continue to use operating systems that
    you continually diss.

    --
    Rick

+ Reply to Thread