    especially when running FF and/or Synaptic....Mine just stops responding
    completely & I have to wait untill all disk activity has stopped before
    trying to do anything else. NOT GOOD!"

    #94 at http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=412125&page=10

  2. Re: Linux: "NOT GOOD!"

    On Sat, 19 Apr 2008 00:46:40 -0400, DFS wrote:

    > "mmm, ALSO did an upgrade to feisty and ALSO experiencing "freezes",
    > especially when running FF and/or Synaptic....Mine just stops responding
    > completely & I have to wait untill all disk activity has stopped before
    > trying to do anything else. NOT GOOD!"
    >
    > #94 at http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=412125&page=10

    And Ubuntu is #1 on Distrowatch.

    I wonder what #500 runs like?
    Does it run at all?

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  3. Re: Linux: "NOT GOOD!"

    On Sun, 20 Apr 2008 08:41:01 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb wrote:

    > On Sat, 19 Apr 2008 00:46:40 -0400, DFS wrote:
    >
    >> "mmm, ALSO did an upgrade to feisty and ALSO experiencing "freezes",
    >> especially when running FF and/or Synaptic....Mine just stops
    >> responding completely & I have to wait untill all disk activity has
    >> stopped before trying to do anything else. NOT GOOD!"
    >>
    >> #94 at http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=412125&page=10

    > And Ubuntu is #1 on Distrowatch.
    >
    > I wonder what #500 runs like?
    > Does it run at all?

    Who cares?

    --
    Rick

  4. Re: Vista ME: "NOT GOOD!"

    Rick wrote:

    > On Sun, 20 Apr 2008 08:41:01 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    >
    >> On Sat, 19 Apr 2008 00:46:40 -0400, DFS wrote:
    >>
    >>> "mmm, ALSO did an upgrade to feisty and ALSO experiencing "freezes",
    >>> especially when running FF and/or Synaptic....Mine just stops
    >>> responding completely & I have to wait untill all disk activity has
    >>> stopped before trying to do anything else. NOT GOOD!"
    >>>
    >>> #94 at http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=412125&page=10

    >> And Ubuntu is #1 on Distrowatch.
    >>
    >> I wonder what #500 runs like?
    >> Does it run at all?

    > Who cares?

    If you're going to answer the troll, at least change the title. Why do you
    think he posts all this anti-Linux bull****? -- so the titles show up
    whenever anyone goes to comp.os.linux.advocacy. It doesn't matter to him
    what's in the body of the message. By answering the troll, without changing
    the title, you're just doing his work for him.

    --
    RonB
    "There's a story there...somewhere"

+ Reply to Thread