Price cut fails to push Xbox 360 past PS3 in UK

,----[ Quote ]
| However, a Sony spokesman today hit back at the company's arch rival, telling
| Register Hardware that the PS3 has outsold the Microsoft console every week
| for the last 15 weeks.
`----

http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2008/04..._sales_double/

Everywhere but the United States Microsoft is virtually nowhere. But NPD only
tracks _US_ channel-stuffings ('sales', or deliveries to shop warehouses
rather).

This is only one of the divisions where Microsoft loses billions of dollar.
Yes, *loses*.

Recent:

Microsoft abuses Xbox 360 failure victims more than new customers

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft has kept a relatively low profile on the Xbox 360 front since last
| summer when it began “rewarding” victims of the disturbingly frequent “red
| ring of death” failures, excluding the rather underhanded way Microsoft
| surreptitiously slid the whole Xbox Live outage ordeal that occurred in the
| months of December and January under the table. * *
|
| [...]
|
| At this point, customers are presented 1 single option: pay Microsoft $100 to
| have their consoles repaired. When asked what parts will be replaced in this
| very blanket $100 fee, customer service representatives as well as their
| supervisors can’t document the replacements that will be made. Obviously,
| that would be very difficult; they don’t know what needs to be fixed, so how
| can they tell you what is going to be replaced, right? * *
`----

http://tech.blorge.com/Structure
%20/2008/04/05/microsoft-mistreats-xbox-360-failure-victims-more-than-new-customers/

Related:

Microsoft Admits ALL Xbox360's Are Defective

,----[ Quote ]
| Though Robbie Bach, head of Microsoft's Xbox360 Division refused to elaborate
| on the issue, the general consensus is that it's one of botched thermal
| design management and inadequate dissipation of heat leading to component
| failure. *
`----

http://www.fastsilicon.com/latest-ne...html?Itemid=60

Insider Trading Hasn't Affect Microsoft Stock - Yet

,----[ Quote ]
| MarketWatch.com reports that Robbie Bach, president of Microsoft's
| Entertainment and Devices division, sold $6.2 million of Microsoft
| stock just prior to announcing that Microsoft was going to have to
| extend XBox 360 warranties to three years because of extensive
| failures. The filings note that this was not part of any
| scheduled diversification or selling program; this was a
| conscious, unscheduled sale by the guy in charge of releasing
| news that could affect the value of Microsoft stock.
|
| [...]
|
| Insider trading is a very serious violation of the law; just
| ask Martha Stewart, who served five months in prison for
| avoiding losses of $43,000 through trades that just had suspicious
| timing (no insider trading was actually proven). This is $6.3
| million that went straight into Robbie Bach's pocket.
`----

http://biz.yahoo.com/seekingalpha/07...7_id.html?.v=1

Raikes and Other Exits

,----[ Quote ]