Getting a count of threads running in 2.6 - Linux

This is a discussion on Getting a count of threads running in 2.6 - Linux ; Hello Is there a way to get the number of threads running in the system by a single API (for example getpid gets the pid of the calling process) ? I waded through the pthread documentation but havent found anything, ...

  1. Getting a count of threads running in 2.6

    Hello

    Is there a way to get the number of threads running in the system by a
    single API (for example getpid gets the pid of the calling process) ?
    I waded through the pthread documentation but havent found anything,
    please correct me if I have missed any!!

    I have a roundabout idea to get that from /proc ! Is there any other
    better method ?

    Thanks
    Ramesh

  2. Re: Getting a count of threads running in 2.6

    Hello!

    Braveheart schrieb:

    > Hello
    >
    > Is there a way to get the number of threads running in the system by a
    > single API (for example getpid gets the pid of the calling process) ?
    > I waded through the pthread documentation but havent found anything,
    > please correct me if I have missed any!!
    >
    > I have a roundabout idea to get that from /proc ! Is there any other
    > better method ?

    Have you already read
    http://forum.soft32.com/linux2/total...pict15337.html
    http://forum.soft32.com/linux2/Count...pict16219.html