[News] Ubuntu GNU/Linux Beats Firefox in Open Source Census - Linux

This is a discussion on [News] Ubuntu GNU/Linux Beats Firefox in Open Source Census - Linux ; Ubuntu takes early lead in open source census ,----[ Quote ] | Early results in a study that aims to track open source installations in | business has seen Ubuntu and Firefox race to the top of the charts. `---- ...

  1. [News] Ubuntu GNU/Linux Beats Firefox in Open Source Census

    Ubuntu takes early lead in open source census

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Early results in a study that aims to track open source installations in
    | business has seen Ubuntu and Firefox race to the top of the charts.
    `----

    Given that Firefox runs on many platforms, this says a lot.

    Related:

    Survey Says … Linux Desktop Is Ever More Popular

    ,----[ Quote ]
    `----

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Okay, now lets tie this all back in together. Novell claimed several months
    | back in a video ad that Desktop Linux users accounted for upwards of
    | 30,000,000 different people. That's 30 million. Recent statements made by
    | some Novell representatives indicate that they expect there are upwards of
    | 50,000,000 Desktop Linux users. Microsoft has never contested the number of
    | Desktop Linux users, and if anything the deal Microsoft signed with Novell
    | was tacit agreement that Microsoft believed those numbers to be accurate.
    `----

    http://zerias.blogspot.com/2007/11/d...-vs-linux.html

    Linux Users Base More Than doubled Over Last One Year: Survey

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | The number of Linux users has more than doubled over the last one year, says
    | a new survey by DesktopLinux.com. The survey also said Ubuntu remains their
    | Linux distribution of choice.
    `----

    http://www.sda-india.com/sda_india/p...19940,p,0.html

    Survey: Desktop Linux use grows

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | DesktopLinux.com, which is a Web site devoted to, obviously, desktop Linux,
    | has finished a survey that found more than a doubling of Linux desktop users
    | in the past year.
    `----

    http://weblog.infoworld.com/techwatc...es/013576.html

    Desktop Linux on the Rise, Linux Foundation Reports

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | For starters, almost 20,000 self-selected users filled out this year's survey
    | compared with fewer than 10,000 in 2006's survey.
    |
    | [...]
    |
    | In those businesses and organizations that have deployed Linux desktops, 39.5
    | percent are running Linux on more than half of their machines.
    `----

    http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1759...119TX1K0000594

    Feeling the heat at Microsoft

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | you who is Microsoft's biggest competitor now, who would it be? *

    | to go with that.
    `----

  2. Re: [News] Ubuntu GNU/Linux Beats Firefox in Open Source Census

    Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    > Ubuntu takes early lead in open source census
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    > | Early results in a study that aims to track open source installations in
    > | business has seen Ubuntu and Firefox race to the top of the charts.
    > `----
    >
    > http://www.zdnet.com.au/news/softwar...9288249,00.htm

    graphs and pie charts:

    https://www.osscensus.org/summary-report-public.php

  3. Re: [News] Ubuntu GNU/Linux Beats Firefox in Open Source Census

    "Roy Schestowitz" wrote in message
    > Ubuntu takes early lead in open source census
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    > | Early results in a study that aims to track open source installations
    > in
    > | business has seen Ubuntu and Firefox race to the top of the charts.
    > `----
    >
    > http://www.zdnet.com.au/news/softwar...9288249,00.htm
    >
    > Given that Firefox runs on many platforms, this says a lot.

    It says absolutely nothing you idiot. How many Windows users do you think
    took part in the "Open Source Census" you freaking moron?

    Once again, Roy Schestowitz shows why he's the retarded smegma of the
    internet.

  4. Re: [News] Ubuntu GNU/Linux Beats Firefox in Open Source Census

    On Fri, 18 Apr 2008 19:16:29 -0400, Ezekiel wrote:

    > "Roy Schestowitz" wrote in message
    >> Ubuntu takes early lead in open source census
    >>
    >> ,----[ Quote ]
    >>| Early results in a study that aims to track open source installations
    >> in
    >>| business has seen Ubuntu and Firefox race to the top of the charts.
    >> `----
    >>
    >> http://www.zdnet.com.au/news/softwar...9288249,00.htm
    >>
    >> Given that Firefox runs on many platforms, this says a lot.

    > It says absolutely nothing you idiot. How many Windows users do you think
    > took part in the "Open Source Census" you freaking moron?
    >
    > Once again, Roy Schestowitz shows why he's the retarded smegma of the
    > internet.

    Sceshtowitz is obviously brain dead.....

    His masters must be very disappointed in his output these days.
    Mostly old rehashed stories and misleading subject lines.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

+ Reply to Thread