[News] Microsoft's 'Anti-Linux Squad' Getting 'Busy' in Kerala - Linux

This is a discussion on [News] Microsoft's 'Anti-Linux Squad' Getting 'Busy' in Kerala - Linux ; Mammooty, don't join hands with Microsoft ,----[ Quote ] | Microsoft will be signing up Malayalam movie star Mammootty as one of the | brand ambassadors for the Computer Literacy programme that is to be organized | soon in Kerala, ...

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: [News] Microsoft's 'Anti-Linux Squad' Getting 'Busy' in Kerala

  1. [News] Microsoft's 'Anti-Linux Squad' Getting 'Busy' in Kerala

    Mammooty, don't join hands with Microsoft

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Microsoft will be signing up Malayalam movie star Mammootty as one of the
    | brand ambassadors for the Computer Literacy programme that is to be organized
    | soon in Kerala, a Southern Indian State well known for its pro-free software
    | policies.
    `----

    http://digg.com/microsoft/Mammooty_d...with_Microsoft

    How miserable has Microsoft become? First Jackass and now Bollywood?


    Recent:

    Microsoft apparently hopes that a "Jackass" can up its hip quotient and
    increase market share

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | This came to my inbox this morning from a reader who shall remain nameless. I
    | found it sort of interesting.
    |
    | [...]
    |
    | Perhaps this new campaign is the opening salvo to be launched by Microsoft's
    | newly hired advertising agency, Crispin Porter & Bogusky, the "it" agency of
    | the moment in the advertising world. *
    `----

    http://cajunboyinthecity.blogspot.co...t-jackass.html

  2. Re: [News] Microsoft's 'Anti-Linux Squad' Getting 'Busy' in Kerala

    Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    > Mammooty, don't join hands with Microsoft
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    > | Microsoft will be signing up Malayalam movie star Mammootty as one of the
    > | brand ambassadors for the Computer Literacy programme that is to be organized
    > | soon in Kerala, a Southern Indian State well known for its pro-free software
    > | policies.
    > `----
    >
    > http://digg.com/microsoft/Mammooty_d...with_Microsoft
    >
    > How miserable has Microsoft become? First Jackass and now Bollywood?



    Compare and contrast:

    http://www.geocities.com/siliconvall.../TICOSBYAD.JPG

    http://www.aol.in/bollywood/story/20...dia/index.html

  3. Re: Microsoft's 'Anti-Linux Squad' Getting 'Busy' in Kerala

    On Apr 19, 3:52 pm, Matt wrote:
    > Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    > > Mammooty, don't join hands with Microsoft

    >
    > > ,----[ Quote ]
    > > | Microsoft will be signing up Malayalam movie star Mammootty as one of the
    > > | brand ambassadors for the Computer Literacy programme that is to be organized
    > > | soon in Kerala, a Southern Indian State well known for its pro-free software
    > > | policies.
    > > `----

    >
    > >http://digg.com/microsoft/Mammooty_d...with_Microsoft

    >
    > > How miserable has Microsoft become? First Jackass and now Bollywood?

    >
    > Compare and contrast:
    >
    > http://www.geocities.com/siliconvall.../TICOSBYAD.JPG
    >
    > http://www.aol.in/bollywood/story/20...06/India/index....


    Read The Open Letter by Free Software Community in Kerala. We Welcome
    all to endorse it

    http://fci.wikia.com/wiki/Open_Letter_To_Mammooty

  4. Re: Microsoft's 'Anti-Linux Squad' Getting 'Busy' in Kerala

    Anivar wrote:

    > Read The Open Letter by Free Software Community in Kerala. We Welcome
    > all to endorse it
    >
    > http://fci.wikia.com/wiki/Open_Letter_To_Mammooty


    Let me understand: you support the free expression of ideas, as long as
    they're the ideas you believe in?

    I think I won't endorse your ridiculous letter.





  5. Re: Microsoft's 'Anti-Linux Squad' Getting 'Busy' in Kerala

    On Sun, 20 Apr 2008 14:19:16 -0400, DFS wrote:

    > Anivar wrote:
    >
    >> Read The Open Letter by Free Software Community in Kerala. We Welcome
    >> all to endorse it
    >>
    >> http://fci.wikia.com/wiki/Open_Letter_To_Mammooty

    >
    > Let me understand: you support the free expression of ideas, as long as
    > they're the ideas you believe in?
    >
    > I think I won't endorse your ridiculous letter.


    That's exactly how it is in the Linux advocacy world.
    Either you are with them 100 percent and sell your soul to Linux or you are
    not really one of them.

    It's like a cult.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Collector of soaps from around the globe.
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  6. Re: Microsoft's 'Anti-Linux Squad' Getting 'Busy' in Kerala

    Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    > On Sun, 20 Apr 2008 14:19:16 -0400, DFS wrote:
    >
    >> Anivar wrote:
    >>
    >>> Read The Open Letter by Free Software Community in Kerala. We
    >>> Welcome all to endorse it
    >>>
    >>> http://fci.wikia.com/wiki/Open_Letter_To_Mammooty

    >>
    >> Let me understand: you support the free expression of ideas, as long
    >> as they're the ideas you believe in?
    >>
    >> I think I won't endorse your ridiculous letter.

    >
    > That's exactly how it is in the Linux advocacy world.
    > Either you are with them 100 percent and sell your soul to Linux or
    > you are not really one of them.
    >
    > It's like a cult.


    These kerala 'free software activists' do sound like an obsessed cult (in
    fact they sound very much like Roy Homer Kent 7).

    Read their 'Open Letter'. It's nuts.



  7. Re: Microsoft's 'Anti-Linux Squad' Getting 'Busy' in Kerala

    On Sun, 20 Apr 2008 14:53:46 -0400, DFS wrote:

    > Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    >> On Sun, 20 Apr 2008 14:19:16 -0400, DFS wrote:
    >>
    >>> Anivar wrote:
    >>>
    >>>> Read The Open Letter by Free Software Community in Kerala. We
    >>>> Welcome all to endorse it
    >>>>
    >>>> http://fci.wikia.com/wiki/Open_Letter_To_Mammooty
    >>>
    >>> Let me understand: you support the free expression of ideas, as long
    >>> as they're the ideas you believe in?
    >>>
    >>> I think I won't endorse your ridiculous letter.

    >>
    >> That's exactly how it is in the Linux advocacy world.
    >> Either you are with them 100 percent and sell your soul to Linux or
    >> you are not really one of them.
    >>
    >> It's like a cult.

    >
    > These kerala 'free software activists' do sound like an obsessed cult (in
    > fact they sound very much like Roy Homer Kent 7).
    >
    > Read their 'Open Letter'. It's nuts.


    They are radical, zealot loons who will do anything, and I mean anything to
    get the opportunity to push Linux on unsuspecting people.

    Fortunately most people will figure that out after 30 seconds of reading
    that letter.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Collector of soaps from around the globe.
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

+ Reply to Thread