"Linux is so complex that even a world class software engineer can't always get it to work." - Linux

This is a discussion on "Linux is so complex that even a world class software engineer can't always get it to work." - Linux ; Jeremy Fisher wrote: > Why do you waste so much time telling the world you you can't get > Linux to work, it makes you look stupid, You may have a point: http://www.angelfire.com/linux/dfs0/..._install_4.PNG So far, so good. Final install screen ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Results 81 to 83 of 83

  1. Re: "Linux is so complex that even a world class software engineer can't always get it to work."

    Jeremy Fisher wrote:

    > Why do you waste so much time telling the world you you can't get
    > Linux to work, it makes you look stupid,

    You may have a point:

    http://www.angelfire.com/linux/dfs0/..._install_4.PNG

    So far, so good. Final install screen says Success, then click Finish and
    I'll be taken
    to a login screen.

    Login no problem, and then:
    http://www.angelfire.com/linux/dfs0/..._X_failure.PNG
    http://www.angelfire.com/linux/dfs0/...DE_failure.PNG

    Guess OpenSuse wants its users to work at the command line...

    > and gives you no credibility
    > were computers are concerned.

    But it's not I who desperately needs credibility...

  2. Re: "Linux is so complex that even a world class software engineer can't always get it to work."

    mrbrklyn wrote:
    > On May 4, 4:47 pm, "DFS" wrote:
    >> Ruben Safir wrote:
    >>> , means that people openly air out
    >>> their fustrations without fear. Your should try it sometime. It's
    >>> called freedom and it results in superior creativity and product.

    >> It's called crudware,

    > Unlike the 50 ,000,000 lines of code and 50 dependency layers

    What does that mean? Who counted the "50 layers"? Where's your proof?

    drool>

    http://www.eeggs.com/tree/1134.html

    > or prevent their senior vice-president from
    > experiencing a blue screen of death in Vistas initial presentation.

    Linux falls over when you look at it: "...sometimes the system freezes even
    though I didn't even touch the mouse
    or the keyboard."
    http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/vie...323145&t=27550

    What a pile of crudware.

    > Do you really think everyone on earth is as stupid as the nameless
    > troll from Microsoft.

    Who are you talking about?

    > Do me a favor, go stick your head in an oven and turn on the gas.

    I'll consider it - after you bash in the heads of all 6 of your children.

    Deal? Will you at least think about it?

  3. Re: "Linux is so complex that even a world class software engineer can't always get it to work."

    * Jeremy Fisher peremptorily fired off this memo:

    (Rest of patent bull**** snipped.)

    > Why do you waste so much time telling the world you you can't get Linux to
    > work, it makes you look stupid, and gives you no credibility were computers
    > are concerned.

    Let's put it this way... when you want to trash someone house or
    reputation, you don't flood it with /pearls/.

    --
    I'm a big believer that as much as possible, and there's obviously political
    limitations, freedom of migration is a good thing. -- Bill Gates, "Bill Gates

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5