Ok button in Qt4 - Linux

This is a discussion on Ok button in Qt4 - Linux ; Hi, Iam trying to implement a Qt GUI for the very first time. I have been able to get a small GUI form with 2 Edit boxes. Apart from 2 Edit Boxes there is one 'Ok' button and a 'Cancel' ...

  1. Ok button in Qt4

    Hi,
    Iam trying to implement a Qt GUI for the very first time. I have been
    able to get a small GUI form with 2 Edit boxes. Apart from 2 Edit
    Boxes there is one 'Ok' button and a 'Cancel' Button.

    All I want is to use the Ok button. I want to implement some code to
    be executed when I press the 'ok'.
    In MFC, I know that OnOk( ) function is invoked by default on
    pressing Ok button

    I am not aware of similar thing ( if any ) in qt4.

    I know my query is very basic but I am struggling in initial steps.

    I can provide more details about the code if required.

    All I want is to execute some code/function to be executed on pressing
    the Ok button.

    Any kind of help would be appreciated.

    Thanks in Advance,
    guddu.

  2. Re: Ok button in Qt4

    On Fri, 18 Apr 2008 10:08:02 -0700 (PDT), troll guddu said after being slapped:
    > Hi,
    > Iam trying to implement a Qt GUI for the very first time. I have been
    > able to get a small GUI form with 2 Edit boxes. Apart from 2 Edit
    > Boxes there is one 'Ok' button and a 'Cancel' Button.
    > [...]
    > Any kind of help would be appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks in Advance,
    > guddu.

    Goddammit! This is a Linux Advocacy group (aka Microsoft bashing).
    Nobody knows much about any OS here. Its just bitching that people know.
    If you need to bitch about buttons or whatever, welcome. If you want to
    share knowledge, get the **** out of here!

    --
    Mark Kent: I am a moron, indeed
    Nessuno LittleJohn: Yes, I agree, my master

  3. Re: Ok button in Qt4

    In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Lintard

    wrote
    on 18 Apr 2008 19:10:51 GMT
    :
    > On Fri, 18 Apr 2008 10:08:02 -0700 (PDT), troll guddu said after being slapped:
    >> Hi,
    >> Iam trying to implement a Qt GUI for the very first time. I have been
    >> able to get a small GUI form with 2 Edit boxes. Apart from 2 Edit
    >> Boxes there is one 'Ok' button and a 'Cancel' Button.
    >> [...]
    >> Any kind of help would be appreciated.
    >>
    >> Thanks in Advance,
    >> guddu.

    > Goddammit! This is a Linux Advocacy group (aka Microsoft bashing).
    > Nobody knows much about any OS here. Its just bitching that people know.
    > If you need to bitch about buttons or whatever, welcome. If you want to
    > share knowledge, get the **** out of here!
    >
    > --
    > Mark Kent: I am a moron, indeed
    > Nessuno LittleJohn: Yes, I agree, my master

    You are essentially correct but could be more polite.

    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    If your CPU can't stand the heat, get another fan.

  4. Re: Ok button in Qt4

    [snips]

    On Fri, 18 Apr 2008 19:10:51 +0000, Lintard wrote:

    > On Fri, 18 Apr 2008 10:08:02 -0700 (PDT), troll guddu said after being
    > slapped:
    >> Hi,
    >> Iam trying to implement a Qt GUI for the very first time. I have been
    >> able to get a small GUI form with 2 Edit boxes. Apart from 2 Edit
    >> Boxes there is one 'Ok' button and a 'Cancel' Button. [...]
    >> Any kind of help would be appreciated.
    >>
    >> Thanks in Advance,
    >> guddu.

    > Goddammit! This is a Linux Advocacy group

    Correct, but about the only correct part of your post. What you could
    have noted is that whatever else the group might be, it is *not* a
    programming group.

    Over in c.l.c., for example, people are regularly chased off to other
    groups when they ask about topics such as how to use QT or how to
    establish network connections, etc, etc, etc.

    The reason is simple: while the people in clc are often very experienced
    in programming in _C_, this does not necessitate that they are equally
    experienced with QT, or with the particular networking model used by
    whatever OS the poster is using, etc, etc, etc. Thus while any response
    offered may in fact be correct, the poster is more likely to get a
    correct answer on other groups, ones where a given response is likely to
    be examined and critiqued by many who use the technology in question.

    Thus while QT may well be widely used by Linux, and even by many of the
    Linux users here, the poster would be more likely to get an answer he can
    be reasonably certain is correct by going to a group where people
    specialize, specifically, in the technology about which he is asking.

+ Reply to Thread