Need some good learning material on Device Drviers - Linux

This is a discussion on Need some good learning material on Device Drviers - Linux ; Hello folks, I m currently exploring LDD with Rubini's Book. Although its good, but i found it more like a manual lacking of good examples ... Can anybody plz suggest some other good references ?...

  1. Need some good learning material on Device Drviers

    Hello folks,
    I m currently exploring LDD with Rubini's Book.
    Although its good, but i found it more like a manual lacking of good
    examples ...
    Can anybody plz suggest some other good references ?

  2. Re: Need some good learning material on Device Drviers

    root thief wrote:
    > Hello folks,
    > I m currently exploring LDD with Rubini's Book.
    > Although its good, but i found it more like a manual lacking of good
    > examples ...
    > Can anybody plz suggest some other good references ?

    Have you looked at the plethora of drivers
    in the kernel sources?

    --

    Tauno Voipio
    tauno voipio (at) iki fi

  3. Re: Need some good learning material on Device Drviers

    On 2008-04-18, Tauno Voipio wrote:

    >> I m currently exploring LDD with Rubini's Book. Although its
    >> good, but i found it more like a manual lacking of good
    >> examples ... Can anybody plz suggest some other good
    >> references ?

    If you're looking for a referene, then Robert Love's book
    "Linxu Kernel Development" is good.

    If you're looking for examples you'll have to be a little more
    specific about what sort of examples.

    > Have you looked at the plethora of drivers in the kernel
    > sources?

    There are certainly a lot of them, but some of them I wouldn't
    classify as "good examples" of anything except what happens
    when too many different people work on something that's trying
    to hit a constantly moving target (the Linux kernel API) with
    incomplete information about how the HW really works.

    --
    Grant Edwards grante Yow! Will this never-ending
    at series of PLEASURABLE

  4. Re: Need some good learning material on Device Drviers

    On Apr 19, 1:11 am, root thief wrote:
    > Hello folks,
    > I m currently exploring LDD with Rubini's Book.
    > Although its good, but i found it more like a manual lacking of good
    > examples ...
    > Can anybody plz suggest some other good references ?

    I beg to differ in regards to your statement about LDD book "lacking
    good examples" ? Its got good code snippets all over the book; and
    the best thing is it explains what each snippet does.
    The book tells you where to find complete examples, if you want the
    complete code. If you are not aware of it, they have a Web/ftp site
    where you can download all the example drivers for the LDD book.

+ Reply to Thread