Compared with Linux, Vista is a Joke - Linux

This is a discussion on Compared with Linux, Vista is a Joke - Linux ; http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post...a-drivers.html or http://tinyurl.com/27wgoe Published: March 25, 2008 - 07:30PM CT > Microsoft's data strongly indicates that the problems were > real. Damon Poeter at CRN dug through the documentation to > find that on page 47 of the PDF, NVIDIA ...

  1. Compared with Linux, Vista is a Joke

    http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post...a-drivers.html

    or http://tinyurl.com/27wgoe

    Published: March 25, 2008 - 07:30PM CT

    > Microsoft's data strongly indicates that the problems were
    > real. Damon Poeter at CRN dug through the documentation to
    > find that on page 47 of the PDF, NVIDIA drivers were
    > identified as the cause of over 479,000 crashes, or just under
    > 29 percent of all the crashes Microsoft logged. Microsoft's
    > own drivers follow, at 17.9 percent, and the "Unknown"
    > category takes third place at 17 percent. ATI is in fourth
    > place (9.3 percent) and Intel in fifth place (8.83 percent).

    479,000 crashes logged by M$ on Vista and with a total of
    1,652,000 including all others! No wonder why people are unhappy!

    --
    HPT

  2. Re: Compared with Linux, Vista is a Joke

    On Fri, 18 Apr 2008 11:31:50 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > What people? Most of them still buy PCs with XP, Linux or Mac OS X. Those who
    > get it with Vista (especially businesses) wipe it almost immediately. Even
    > Microsoft's CEO has just described Vista as "work in progress", even 15 months
    > after its release.

    More loony toon claims from Roy Schestowitz the COLA nutball.
    So what evidence do you have to substantiate your claims?

    Oh yea, it must be that *reliable source* of yours that seems to live in
    your head and tells you of all these wonderful things.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  3. Re: Compared with Linux, Vista is a Joke

    If i had all the problems i seem to see here i would go back to commodore
    64. My Vista has worked fine since i got the computer, SP1 showed up in
    updates, installed just fine and no problems. If I wanted to hear all
    about the great things Linux does, i would go to that newsgroup, and not
    have to read them on cross post here. You like Linus, use it, like Vista,
    use it. Like XP better , use it. Its Vista for me.

  4. Re: Compared with Linux, Vista is a Joke

    "Ray " schreef in bericht
    > If i had all the problems i seem to see here i would go back to commodore
    > 64. My Vista has worked fine since i got the computer, SP1 showed up in
    > updates, installed just fine and no problems. If I wanted to hear all
    > about the great things Linux does, i would go to that newsgroup, and not
    > have to read them on cross post here. You like Linus, use it, like Vista,
    > use it. Like XP better , use it. Its Vista for me.

    Vista is running here without any problems for a year now! COLA zealots
    concider to move to windows, even Marti van Lin (ML2MST) runs XP with Vista
    look right now!
    http://osgeex.blogspot.com/2007/11/f...indows-xp.html
    http://bp0.blogger.com/_dQCKkApAq-Q/...vista_file.png
    http://bp3.blogger.com/_dQCKkApAq-Q/...ista_media.png
    Mark Kent, a COLA regular, is an official Microsoft partner now!
    "At BT Global, our crown jewels are the services we supply to our
    customers. With jNetX we own the intellectual property for our services,
    allowing us to evolve the services as and when required."
    Mark Kent
    Head of Technology Strategy
    http://www.jnetx.com/index.php?id=products
    Mark Kent's partner Microsoft:
    http://www.jnetx.com/index.php?id=ourpartners
    http://www.jnetx.com/fileadmin/image...ll/logo005.jpg
    Mark Kent's jNetX N(X) - Convergent Network Services for Microsoft CSF
    https://solutionfinder.microsoft.com...10ba73b82dbdb4
    Download Mark Kent's Microsoft demo:
    http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...dbox_Demo.pptx

    Thousands of Linux fans change to Windows every day!!!!!!!! I bet those
    crappy linux apps crashed a bit too often!

  5. Re: Compared with Linux, Vista is a Joke

    "High Plains Thumper" wrote in message
    > http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post...a-drivers.html
    >
    > or http://tinyurl.com/27wgoe
    >
    > Published: March 25, 2008 - 07:30PM CT
    >
    >> Microsoft's data strongly indicates that the problems were real. Damon
    >> Poeter at CRN dug through the documentation to find that on page 47 of
    >> the PDF, NVIDIA drivers were identified as the cause of over 479,000
    >> crashes, or just under
    >> 29 percent of all the crashes Microsoft logged. Microsoft's own drivers
    >> follow, at 17.9 percent, and the "Unknown" category takes third place at
    >> 17 percent. ATI is in fourth place (9.3 percent) and Intel in fifth place
    >> (8.83 percent).

    > 479,000 crashes logged by M$ on Vista and with a total of
    > 1,652,000 including all others! No wonder why people are unhappy!
    >
    > --
    > HPT

    Interesting statistic, eh? Consider there are some 160 million copies of
    Vista in use over almost 18 months time, that is around 40 billion
    "Vista-days" of use and even 1, 652,000 crashes is only about 1 in 27,000
    days of use. That is not so bad and I doubt that Linux could do any better.

  6. Re: Compared with Linux, Vista is a Joke

    Moshe Goldfarb wrote:

    > You're nothing but a phony and a hypocrite Roy Schestowitz.

    Watch Spamowitz post crap and run.
    Watch [H]omer post crap and run.
    Watch Kent post crap and run.
    Watch 7 post crap and run.
    Watch Ballard post crap and run.
    Watch WRonG post crap and run.
    etc
    etc

    There's hardly a Linux afficionado here whose posts can stand up to
    scrutiny.

  7. Re: Compared with Linux, Vista is a Joke

    On Sun, 20 Apr 2008 20:15:26 -0400, DFS wrote:

    > Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    >
    >> You're nothing but a phony and a hypocrite Roy Schestowitz.

    > Watch Spamowitz post crap and run.

    Schestowitz doesn't have time to rebut discussions.
    By his own admission he doesn't even proof read his own SPAM.

    > Watch [H]omer post crap and run.

    Homer is braindead.
    He is a Schestowitz lacky and you can bet Roy is laughing his ass off at
    all of the people he has fooled with his apparent "Linux advocacy"
    > Watch Kent post crap and run.

    Mark Kent works for a company that taught's intellectual property and who
    is a Microsoft partner.
    No bigger hypocrite exists in COLA than Mark Kent.

    > Watch 7 post crap and run.

    7 is mentally retarded.

    > Watch Ballard post crap and run.

    Ballard is a transvestite who has his wig on too tight.

    > Watch WRonG post crap and run.

    Wrong is a nym of another COLA poster.

    > etc
    > etc
    >

    > There's hardly a Linux afficionado here whose posts can stand up to
    > scrutiny.

    Nope.

    In COLA the Linux advocates never let facts get in the way of a good
    anti-Microsoft story.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  8. Re: Compared with Linux, Vista is a Joke

    On Sun, 20 Apr 2008 20:15:26 -0400, DFS wrote:

    > Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    >
    >> You're nothing but a phony and a hypocrite Roy Schestowitz.

    > Watch Spamowitz post crap and run.
    > Watch [H]omer post crap and run.
    > Watch Kent post crap and run.
    > Watch 7 post crap and run.
    > Watch Ballard post crap and run.
    > Watch WRonG post crap and run.
    > etc
    > etc
    >

    > There's hardly a Linux afficionado here whose posts can stand up to
    > scrutiny.

    Yours certainly don't.

    --
    Rick

  9. Re: Compared with Linux, Vista is a Joke

    Quoting Rick who, on Sun, 20 Apr 2008 19:36:06 -0500, posted:

    > On Sun, 20 Apr 2008 19:56:29 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb wrote:

    >> You're nothing but a phony and a hypocrite Roy Schestowitz.

    > You diss Linux in one post then tell us all you and your family use it in
    > the next.

    Talking about phonies & hypocrits, how about Flatfish who has used as a
    nym, the name of a survivor (Moshe Goldfarb) from Sobibor Concentration
    Camp. Gary "Flatfish" Stewart is the lowest form of pond life.

    --
    This message was sent from a
    computer which is guaranteed

+ Reply to Thread