[News] IT Professional Sees GNU/Linux Gaining a Lot on the Desktop - Linux

This is a discussion on [News] IT Professional Sees GNU/Linux Gaining a Lot on the Desktop - Linux ; Microsoft Vista vs. Linux desktops: An IT pro sounds off ,----[ Quote | With the end of the software’s service life rapidly approaching, Windows XP | users are panicked. They dread the thought of moving to Vista . Many are ...

  1. [News] IT Professional Sees GNU/Linux Gaining a Lot on the Desktop

    Microsoft Vista vs. Linux desktops: An IT pro sounds off

    | With the end of the software’s service life rapidly approaching, Windows XP
    | users are panicked. They dread the thought of moving to Vista . Many are
    | starting to look at the Mac OS or Linux as an alternative. Perhaps Bill Gates
    | stepped down because he could foretell the future, and it begins to look like
    | Microsoft is faltering.
    |
    | With the state of affairs as it is, software developers should move to open
    | source in droves. They can still write proprietary code, and can still sell
    | it at retailers and online.
    |
    | They just won’t have to pay homage to Microsoft. Monopoly software is dead;
    | long live open source!
    `----

    http://enterpriselinuxlog.blogs.tech...ro-sounds-off/

    Yesterday:

    Ballmer: Vista Is 'a Work in Progress'

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | As PC users clamor for Microsoft to continue to support Windows XP, company
    | CEO Steve Ballmer called the Vista OS "a work in progress" at an annual
    | Seattle event on Thursday.
    `----

    http://www.pcworld.com/businesscente..._progress.html

    Recent:

    Feeling the heat at Microsoft

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | you who is Microsoft's biggest competitor now, who would it be? *

    | to go with that. *
    `----

    Holy Crap: Did Bill Gates Just Say Windows Sucks?

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | We asked a simple question: what Microsoft product could have used a little
    | more polish before release? The answer astounded us. We would just like to
    | thank Bill Gates for his honesty and his openness. *
    `----

    http://gizmodo.com/342920/holy-crap-...-windows-sucks

  2. Re: [News] IT Professional Sees GNU/Linux Gaining a Lot on the Desktop

    Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > Feeling the heat at Microsoft
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    >> A couple of years ago you reiterated that IBM was Microsoft's biggest
    >> competitor and you said not just on the business side, but overall.
    >> If I ask you who is Microsoft's biggest competitor now, who would it
    >> be?
    >>
    >> Ballmer: Open...Linux. I don't want to say open source. Linux,
    >> certainly have to go with that.

    > `----
    >
    > http://www.news.com/Feeling-the-heat...tag=ne.fd.mnbc

    The mentally ill Spamowitz has posted this to cola 68 times.

  3. Re: [News] IT Professional Sees GNU/Linux Gaining a Lot on the Desktop

    On Fri, 18 Apr 2008 09:37:47 -0400, DFS wrote:

    > Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >
    >> Feeling the heat at Microsoft
    >>
    >> ,----[ Quote ]
    >>> A couple of years ago you reiterated that IBM was Microsoft's biggest
    >>> competitor and you said not just on the business side, but overall.
    >>> If I ask you who is Microsoft's biggest competitor now, who would it
    >>> be?
    >>>
    >>> Ballmer: Open...Linux. I don't want to say open source. Linux,
    >>> certainly have to go with that.

    >> `----
    >>
    >> http://www.news.com/Feeling-the-heat...tag=ne.fd.mnbc

    > The mentally ill Spamowitz has posted this to cola 68 times.

    I am starting to think that Roy Schestowitz is in need of some serious
    mental help.
    Seriously....

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb