Linonut plonks self - Linux

This is a discussion on Linonut plonks self - Linux ; This one is funny. I plonked myself! Today I'm trying to post from slrn, and I keep getting: "Article rejected: 441 Posting Failed (rejected by POST filter)". So I try Icedove (Thunderbird), and no problem. I go through my slrn-score ...

  1. Linonut plonks self

    This one is funny.

    I plonked myself!

    Today I'm trying to post from slrn, and I keep getting: "Article
    rejected: 441 Posting Failed (rejected by POST filter)".

    So I try Icedove (Thunderbird), and no problem.

    I go through my slrn-score file and remove some entries and, voila, back
    in business.

    The only problem was, I deleted a number of entries at once, so I don't
    exactly know which one got me. I didn't any of them could do that.

    Kill-file onanism! What a concept!

    --
    There are people who don't like capitalism, and people who don't like PCs. But
    there's no one who likes the PC who doesn't like Microsoft.[3]

  2. Re: Linonut plonks self

    On Thu, 17 Apr 2008 21:08:53 -0400, Linonut wrote:

    > This one is funny.
    >
    > I plonked myself!
    >
    > Today I'm trying to post from slrn, and I keep getting: "Article
    > rejected: 441 Posting Failed (rejected by POST filter)".
    >
    > So I try Icedove (Thunderbird), and no problem.
    >
    > I go through my slrn-score file and remove some entries and, voila, back
    > in business.
    >
    > The only problem was, I deleted a number of entries at once, so I don't
    > exactly know which one got me. I didn't any of them could do that.
    >
    > Kill-file onanism! What a concept!

    You also keep posting as Chris Alstrom.
    Another screwup.
    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  3. Re: Linonut plonks self

    On 2008-04-18, Linonut claimed:
    > This one is funny.
    >
    > I plonked myself!
    >
    > Today I'm trying to post from slrn, and I keep getting: "Article
    > rejected: 441 Posting Failed (rejected by POST filter)".
    >
    > So I try Icedove (Thunderbird), and no problem.
    >
    > I go through my slrn-score file and remove some entries and, voila, back
    > in business.
    >
    > The only problem was, I deleted a number of entries at once, so I don't
    > exactly know which one got me. I didn't any of them could do that.
    >
    > Kill-file onanism! What a concept!

    I did that once, but I knew I did it right away. So I promoted myself
    back to 0 at the top of the file and left the rule intact.

    Not that I care much what I already said. But it's nice to know at a
    glance if someone not being filtered out responded to something I
    bothered to write.

    --
    I started to make a list of all of the great Microsoft innovations.
    Then I remembered CTRL-ALT-DEL is handled by the BIOS.

  4. Re: Linonut plonks self

    ____/ Linonut on Friday 18 April 2008 02:08 : \____

    > This one is funny.
    >
    > I plonked myself!
    >
    > Today I'm trying to post from slrn, and I keep getting: "Article
    > rejected: 441 Posting Failed (rejected by POST filter)".
    >
    > So I try Icedove (Thunderbird), and no problem.
    >
    > I go through my slrn-score file and remove some entries and, voila, back
    > in business.
    >
    > The only problem was, I deleted a number of entries at once, so I don't
    > exactly know which one got me. I didn't any of them could do that.
    >
    > Kill-file onanism! What a concept!

    Plonking self is actually an interesting possibility. One needn't see one's own
    posts anyway, as opposed to replies in highlighted threads or subthreads. In
    KNode you can also highlight direct and indirect responses to self using
    different colours.

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | Coffee makes mw to0 jittery
    Tasks: 111 total, 1 running, 110 sleeping, 0 stopped, 0 zombie

  5. Re: Linonut plonks self

    * Sinister Midget peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > Not that I care much what I already said. But it's nice to know at a
    > glance if someone not being filtered out responded to something I
    > bothered to write.

    Hmmmm

    --
    Sometimes we do get taken by surprise. For example, when the Internet came
    along, we had it as a fifth or sixth priority. It wasn't like somebody told

  6. Re: Linonut plonks self

    > Plonking self is actually an interesting possibility. One needn't see one's own
    > posts anyway, as opposed to replies in highlighted threads or subthreads. In
    > KNode you can also highlight direct and indirect responses to self using
    > different colours.

    It is actually more than plonking, though. I couldn't even post.

    It happened again today, though, when I tried to respond to Funky.

    --
    Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning.
    -- Bill Gates, Business @ The Speed of Thought (1999)

  7. Re: Linonut plonks self

    Linonut wrote:

    >This one is funny.
    >
    >I plonked myself!

    Been there, done that. 8)

  8. Re: Linonut plonks self

    * chrisv peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > Linonut wrote:
    >
    >>This one is funny.
    >>
    >>I plonked myself!

    > Been there, done that. 8)

    Actually, now I'm pretty sure it is slrn's fault. The reject happened
    again today. I even emptied the kill-file, and it kept happening.

    I notice that slrn was no longer at 0.9.8, it is now 0.9.9pre9 or some
    such.

    So I've installed 0.9.8 (old!) again from source and will run that for
    awhile to see what is up. Perhaps slrn 0.9.9 is broken on 64-bit
    systems.

    --
    We don't have the user centricity. Until we understand context, which is way
    beyond presence -- presence is the most trivial notion, just am I on this

  9. Re: Linonut plonks self

    "chrisv" schreef in bericht
    > Linonut wrote:
    >
    >>This one is funny.
    >>
    >>I plonked myself!

    > Been there, done that. 8)

    *PLONK*

  10. Re: Liarnut plonks self

    "Linonut" schreef in bericht
    news:ewSNj.13437$3v1.3359@bignews3.bellsouth.net.. .
    > This one is funny.
    >
    > I plonked myself!
    >
    > Today I'm trying to post from slrn, and I keep getting: "Article
    > rejected: 441 Posting Failed (rejected by POST filter)".
    >
    > So I try Icedove (Thunderbird), and no problem.
    >
    > I go through my slrn-score file and remove some entries and, voila, back
    > in business.
    >
    > The only problem was, I deleted a number of entries at once, so I don't
    > exactly know which one got me. I didn't any of them could do that.
    >
    > Kill-file onanism! What a concept!

    ^^^^^^^

    I had a suspicion about that, you wanker!
    *PLONK*

  11. Re: Linonut plonks self

    > This one is funny.

    *PLONK*

    [Just kidding]

    --
    K.
    http://slated.org

    ..----
    `----

    16:07:27 up 119 days, 12:43, 4 users, load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00

  12. Re: Linonut plonks self

    On 2008-04-18, Linonut claimed:

    >> Plonking self is actually an interesting possibility. One needn't see one's own
    >> posts anyway, as opposed to replies in highlighted threads or subthreads. In
    >> KNode you can also highlight direct and indirect responses to self using
    >> different colours.

    > It is actually more than plonking, though. I couldn't even post.
    >
    > It happened again today, though, when I tried to respond to Funky.

    Are you sure it was a rule? Maybe the ISP had a stupid moment. Mine
    does often. Sometimes days at a time. One of the reasons I coninue
    using leafnode is to prevent those types of errors. I let it handle
    things such as timeouts.

    --
    Bill Gates says Open Source is riding on the coat-tails of Windows'
    success. That's like saying Osama has done his part to increase airport

  13. Re: Linonut plonks self

    chrisv wrote:

    >"chrisv" schreef in bericht
    >> Linonut wrote:
    >>
    >>>This one is funny.
    >>>
    >>>I plonked myself!

    >> Been there, done that. 8)

    >*PLONK*

    There I go again.

  14. Re: Linonut plonks self

    * Sinister Midget peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > On 2008-04-18, Linonut claimed:
    >> * Roy Schestowitz peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >>
    >>> Plonking self is actually an interesting possibility. One needn't see one's own
    >>> posts anyway, as opposed to replies in highlighted threads or subthreads. In
    >>> KNode you can also highlight direct and indirect responses to self using
    >>> different colours.

    >> It is actually more than plonking, though. I couldn't even post.
    >>
    >> It happened again today, though, when I tried to respond to Funky.

    > Are you sure it was a rule? Maybe the ISP had a stupid moment. Mine
    > does often. Sometimes days at a time. One of the reasons I coninue
    > using leafnode is to prevent those types of errors. I let it handle
    > things such as timeouts.

    Well, that was my first thought. Bellsouth (now "The New AT&T" feck)
    was even worse than Comcast with the newsreaders, as they'd tend to be
    flaky at 7 AM or so.

    My next thought was that they were not allowing me to post to COLA
    (other newsgroups didn't have this problem --- but then, they weren't
    mentioned in my killfile, either.)

    Right now, with the older, but freshly-compiled slrn I'm running, things
    seem fine.

    --
    Security is, I would say, our top priority because for all the exciting
    things you will be able to do with computers - organizing your lives,

  15. Re: Linonut plonks self

    In comp.os.linux.advocacy, chrisv

    wrote
    on Fri, 18 Apr 2008 11:39:09 -0500
    :
    > chrisv wrote:
    >
    >>"chrisv" schreef in bericht

    >>> Been there, done that. 8)

    >>*PLONK*

    > There I go again.

    FSVO "I". ;-)

    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    Useless C/C++ Programming Idea #104392:
    for(int i = 0; i < 1000000; i++) sleep(0);