New Debian leader aims for better communication

,----[ Quote ]
| In many ways the Debian GNU/Linux project is unique among all the
| distributions that dot the Linux landscape. Apart from putting out a
| high-grade distribution, it has served as the base for a number of others -
| Ubuntu and Knoppix, to name just two - which have had a big impact on the
| growth of the Linux ecosystem.
`----

http://www.itwire.com/content/view/17716/1148/

Recent:

Steve McIntyre elected Debian leader

,----[ Quote ]
| The Debian GNU/Linux project will be led by Steve McIntyre from April 17
| onwards after he was declared elected on Saturday US time in the 2008
| elections.
`----

http://www.itwire.com/content/view/17628/1148/

Scientific study about Debian Project governance and social organization

,----[ Quote ]
| Two academic management researchers, Siobhán O'Mahony and Fabrizion Ferraro,
| performed a detailed scientific study about Debian Project governance and
| social organization from the management perspective. *
`----

http://www.techforce.com.br/index.ph...d_organization
http://tinyurl.com/6r7hta

Debian Linux powers science education device

,----[ Quote ]
| An education supplies company has announced a portable science education
| computer that runs embedded Debian Linux. Pasco says it designed its
| sensor-equipped Spark Science Learning System for collaborative science
| experiments by students, for example measuring cond uctivity or tracking
| temperature changes.
`----

Debian Linux cluster beats supercomputer in tsunami warnings

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.pcworld.idg.com.au/index.php/id;1611547855