[News] [Rival] Very Grim Picture for Windows Vista Adoption - Linux

This is a discussion on [News] [Rival] Very Grim Picture for Windows Vista Adoption - Linux ; IT Departments Giving Vista The Cold Shoulder ,----[ Quote ] | The survey, which polled members of the ChangeWave Alliance in July, found | that 62 percent of respondents have no current plans to deploy Windows Vista. `---- http://itmanagement.earthweb.com/ent...le.php/3700841 Related ...

  1. [News] [Rival] Very Grim Picture for Windows Vista Adoption

    IT Departments Giving Vista The Cold Shoulder

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | The survey, which polled members of the ChangeWave Alliance in July, found
    | that 62 percent of respondents have no current plans to deploy Windows Vista.
    `----

    http://itmanagement.earthweb.com/ent...le.php/3700841

    Related (days ago):

    Less Than 2 Percent of UK Companies Have Upgraded to Vista

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Asked, “What are your firm’s Windows Vista upgrade plans?”, just over 1% said
    | they have already upgraded all desktops to Windows Vista.
    `----

    http://www.cbronline.com/article_new...3-D206DCC35B4B

  2. Re: [Rival] Very Grim Picture for Windows Vista Adoption

    On Sep 22, 4:42 pm, Roy Schestowitz
    wrote:
    > IT Departments Giving Vista The Cold Shoulder
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    > | The survey, which polled members of the ChangeWave Alliance in July, found
    > | that 62 percent of respondents have no current plans to deploy Windows Vista.
    > `----
    >
    > http://itmanagement.earthweb.com/ent...le.php/3700841
    >
    > Related (days ago):
    >
    > Less Than 2 Percent of UK Companies Have Upgraded to Vista
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    > | Asked, "What are your firm's Windows Vista upgrade plans?", just over 1% said
    > | they have already upgraded all desktops to Windows Vista.
    > `----
    >
    > http://www.cbronline.com/article_new...-4407-407D-8F3...

    Nothing new Roy:

    Windows XP
    http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m...0/ai_ziff32337

    "Windows XP Slow To Take Hold

    On the first anniversary of Windows XP's release, Microsoft has little
    to celebrate. Less than 10 percent of Microsoft's installed base has
    upgraded to Windows XP since its release last October. That matches a
    2001 Gartner prediction that nearly 75 percent of all corporate PCs
    would still be running Windows 95, 98 or NT Workstation by the end of
    2002. At the Gartner Symposium/ITxpo 2002, Microsoft committed $1
    million to underwrite corporate studies to prove the return on
    investment with Windows XP.

    Read the full story on: CRN"

    http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,10...1/article.html
    "Consumers may be buying into Windows XP on new PCs, but many
    corporate users are still putting off plans to migrate to Microsoft's
    nearly one-year-old desktop operating system.

    Even the recent release of the first service pack of bug fixes for XP--
    typically a signal for broader corporate adoption of Windows operating
    systems--was shrugged off by several IT managers."

    Windows 2K
    http://www.news.com/2100-1001-249972.html
    "But Thursday's unexpected profit warning from the software giant
    underscores a chilling reality: Office 2000 sales aren't taking off as
    expected, being dragged down by slower-than-anticipated adoption of
    Windows 2000."

    More and more. I can find the same for 2K3 server as well. Vista, in
    time will dominate - just as XP does now.

    --
    Tom Shelton

  3. Re: [News] [Rival] Very Grim Picture for Windows Vista Adoption

    Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > ,----[ Quote ]
    >> Asked, “What are your firm’s Windows Vista upgrade plans?”,
    >> just over 1% said they have already upgraded all desktops to Windows
    >> Vista.

    > `----
    >
    > http://www.cbronline.com/article_new...3-D206DCC35B4B

    This is at least the 2nd time you posted this. Has the article been
    rewritten by the OSS clown since the first time?

    Oh, and I'm sure you noticed "within two years from now, only 56% of survey
    respondents say they will have upgraded their firms desktops to Windows
    Vista." Only 56%? How many respondents (in this survey or any other in
    history) say they will downgrade their firm's desktops to Linux in the next
    2 years? 0.0056%?

    uh huh...

    (advocates slink away, muttering out of the left side of their mouth "MS
    crooks keep Linux off the desktop!" and muttering out of the right side of
    their mouth "Sure am glad I have a Windows job to go to every day!")

+ Reply to Thread