[News] RIAA for Congress: File Sharing to Be Treated Like Paedophila - Linux

This is a discussion on [News] RIAA for Congress: File Sharing to Be Treated Like Paedophila - Linux ; Senator: Let's monitor P2P for illegal files ,----[ Quote ] | The software, dubbed "Operation Fairplay," was developed two years ago by | Special Agent Flint Waters in the Wyoming Attorney General's Office, who, by | Biden's description, is considered ...

  1. [News] RIAA for Congress: File Sharing to Be Treated Like Paedophila

    Senator: Let's monitor P2P for illegal files

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | The software, dubbed "Operation Fairplay," was developed two years ago by
    | Special Agent Flint Waters in the Wyoming Attorney General's Office, who, by
    | Biden's description, is considered an expert in the field. The application is
    | currently being used by all of the regional Internet Crimes Against Children
    | (ICAC) task forces nationwide and internationally, Waters told the panel.
    `----

    http://www.news.com/8301-10784_3-9920665-7.html

    Paedophiles... terrorists... suspects of copyright infringements (MPAA calls
    them "criminals" and "pirates")... all in the same pool.

    Linus Torvalds on ...

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | On fair use:
    |
    | When you start thinking that you have absolute control over the content
    | or programs you produce, and that the rest of the worlds opinions doesn't
    | matter, you're just _wrong_.
    |
    | Me, personally, I think the RIAA and the MPAA is a ****house. They are
    | immoral.
    `----

    http://commandline.org.uk/more/linus...-16-21-20.html

    "Let's face it - the average computer user has the brain of a Spider Monkey."

    --Bill Gates

    Recent:

    RIAA boss: Move copyright filtering from ISPs to users’ PCs

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | The issue of encryption "would have to be faced," Sherman admitted after
    | talking about the wonders of filtering. "One could have a filter on the end
    | user's computer that would actually eliminate any benefit from encryption
    | because if you want to hear [the music], you would need to decrypt it, and at
    | that point the filter would work." Â* Â*
    `----

    http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post...n-problem.html

    NBC to Apple: Build antipiracy into iTunes

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | NBC Universal would like to have its TV shows distributed once again through
    | Apple's iTunes service, a top executive said Wednesday, but he called for
    | antipiracy measures to help protect his business' revenue.
    `----

  2. Re: RIAA for Congress: File Sharing to Be Treated Like Paedophila

    On Apr 17, 7:23 am, Roy Schestowitz
    wrote:
    > Senator: Let's monitor P2P for illegal files
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    > | The software, dubbed "Operation Fairplay," was developed two years ago by
    > | Special Agent Flint Waters in the Wyoming Attorney General's Office, who, by
    > | Biden's description, is considered an expert in the field. The application is
    > | currently being used by all of the regional Internet Crimes Against Children
    > | (ICAC) task forces nationwide and internationally, Waters told the panel.
    > `----
    >
    > http://www.news.com/8301-10784_3-9920665-7.html
    >
    > Paedophiles... terrorists... suspects of copyright infringements (MPAA calls
    > them "criminals" and "pirates")... all in the same pool.

    It's an excuse for the criminal government - and yes, the U.S. federal
    government is run by criminals - to use the Military Commissions Act
    of 2006 to secretly arrest and secretly execute file sharers. Just
    being SUSPECTED of being a terrorist is enough for you to disappear
    without a trace.

  3. Re: RIAA for Congress: File Sharing to Be Treated Like Paedophila

    ____/ Darth Chaos on Thursday 17 April 2008 21:43 : \____

    > On Apr 17, 7:23 am, Roy Schestowitz
    > wrote:
    >> Senator: Let's monitor P2P for illegal files
    >>
    >> ,----[ Quote ]
    >> | The software, dubbed "Operation Fairplay," was developed two years ago by
    >> | Special Agent Flint Waters in the Wyoming Attorney General's Office, who,
    >> | by Biden's description, is considered an expert in the field. The
    >> | application is currently being used by all of the regional Internet Crimes
    >> | Against Children (ICAC) task forces nationwide and internationally, Waters
    >> | told the panel.
    >> `----
    >>
    >> http://www.news.com/8301-10784_3-9920665-7.html
    >>
    >> Paedophiles... terrorists... suspects of copyright infringements (MPAA calls
    >> them "criminals" and "pirates")... all in the same pool.

    > It's an excuse for the criminal government - and yes, the U.S. federal
    > government is run by criminals - to use the Military Commissions Act
    > of 2006 to secretly arrest and secretly execute file sharers. Just
    > being SUSPECTED of being a terrorist is enough for you to disappear
    > without a trace.

    Does it mean that some members of the Federal Government can disappear
    without a trace? :-p

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | Useless fact: Every polar bear is left-handed
    Tasks: 101 total, 1 running, 100 sleeping, 0 stopped, 0 zombie

  4. Re: RIAA for Congress: File Sharing to Be Treated Like Paedophila

    On Apr 17, 6:59 pm, Roy Schestowitz
    wrote:
    > ____/ Darth Chaos on Thursday 17 April 2008 21:43 : \____
    >

    > > On Apr 17, 7:23 am, Roy Schestowitz
    > > wrote:
    > >> Senator: Let's monitor P2P for illegal files

    > >> ,----[ Quote ]
    > >> `----

    > >>http://www.news.com/8301-10784_3-9920665-7.html

    > >> Paedophiles... terrorists... suspects of copyright infringements (MPAA calls
    > >> them "criminals" and "pirates")... all in the same pool.

    > > It's an excuse for the criminal government - and yes, the U.S. federal
    > > government is run by criminals - to use the Military Commissions Act
    > > of 2006 to secretly arrest and secretly execute file sharers. Just
    > > being SUSPECTED of being a terrorist is enough for you to disappear
    > > without a trace.

    > Does it mean that some members of the Federal Government can disappear
    > without a trace? :-p

    You should know by now that the federal government is above the law.
    :-p

  5. Re: RIAA for Congress: File Sharing to Be Treated Like Paedophila

    ____/ Darth Chaos on Friday 18 April 2008 05:51 : \____

    > On Apr 17, 6:59 pm, Roy Schestowitz
    > wrote:
    >> ____/ Darth Chaos on Thursday 17 April 2008 21:43 : \____

    >> > It's an excuse for the criminal government - and yes, the U.S. federal
    >> > government is run by criminals - to use the Military Commissions Act
    >> > of 2006 to secretly arrest and secretly execute file sharers. Just
    >> > being SUSPECTED of being a terrorist is enough for you to disappear
    >> > without a trace.

    >> Does it mean that some members of the Federal Government can disappear
    >> without a trace? :-p

    > You should know by now that the federal government is above the law.
    > :-p

    Whose law? "Theirs" or "Ours". "Us" or "Them"?

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | Oracle: Linux adoption to accelerate

  6. Re: RIAA for Congress: File Sharing to Be Treated Like Paedophila

    On Fri, 18 Apr 2008 11:33:22 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > ____/ Darth Chaos on Friday 18 April 2008 05:51 : \____
    >
    >> On Apr 17, 6:59 pm, Roy Schestowitz
    >> wrote:
    >>> ____/ Darth Chaos on Thursday 17 April 2008 21:43 : \____

    >>> Does it mean that some members of the Federal Government can disappear
    >>> without a trace? :-p

    >> You should know by now that the federal government is above the law.
    >> :-p

    > Whose law? "Theirs" or "Ours". "Us" or "Them"?

    Well I can't say for where you live but where I live, USA, the Constitution
    starts with "We the people......."

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  7. Re: RIAA for Congress: File Sharing to Be Treated Like Paedophila

    Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    > On Fri, 18 Apr 2008 11:33:22 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >
    >> ____/ Darth Chaos on Friday 18 April 2008 05:51 : \____

    >>> You should know by now that the federal government is above the law.
    >>> :-p

    >> Whose law? "Theirs" or "Ours". "Us" or "Them"?

    > Well I can't say for where you live but where I live, USA, the Constitution
    > starts with "We the people......."

    Yes, it does... but it doesn't work that way. Congress is above the law
    for the common man, and rich people can very often get away with murder.

    --
    Rick

  8. Re: RIAA for Congress: File Sharing to Be Treated Like Paedophila

    wrote
    <4470154.pFYIct6E4O@schestowitz.com>:
    > ____/ Darth Chaos on Friday 18 April 2008 05:51 : \____
    >
    >> On Apr 17, 6:59 pm, Roy Schestowitz
    >> wrote:
    >>> ____/ Darth Chaos on Thursday 17 April 2008 21:43 : \____

    >>> Does it mean that some members of the Federal Government can disappear
    >>> without a trace? :-p

    >> You should know by now that the federal government is above the law.
    >> :-p

    > Whose law? "Theirs" or "Ours". "Us" or "Them"?

    The Executive Branch of the US Federal Government is above
    the law as created by the Legislative and vetted by
    the Judicial branches. The reasons for these are multiple
    and probably best discussed in another newsgroup. ;-) (No,
    it's not because the Constitution permits it! The Bush
    Administration has been ignoring that document for years now.)

    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    If your CPU can't stand the heat, get another fan.

  9. Re: RIAA for Congress: File Sharing to Be Treated Like Paedophila

    On Fri, 18 Apr 2008 13:08:37 -0400, Rick wrote:

    > Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    >> On Fri, 18 Apr 2008 11:33:22 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >>
    >>> ____/ Darth Chaos on Friday 18 April 2008 05:51 : \____

    >>> Whose law? "Theirs" or "Ours". "Us" or "Them"?

    >> Well I can't say for where you live but where I live, USA, the Constitution
    >> starts with "We the people......."
    >>

    > Yes, it does... but it doesn't work that way. Congress is above the law
    > for the common man, and rich people can very often get away with murder.

    Sad, but true...
    ie: OJ Simpson, Robert Blake and many others.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/