Roy Schestowitz - Linux

This is a discussion on Roy Schestowitz - Linux ; On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 23:01:19 -0600, High Plains Thumper wrote: > none of your buisiness wrote: > >> Moshe & Hadron fit the criteria to be terminated, that is if only some >> of you in this group quit ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 27 of 27

  1. Re: Roy Schestowitz

    On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 23:01:19 -0600, High Plains Thumper wrote:

    > none of your buisiness wrote:
    >
    >> Moshe & Hadron fit the criteria to be terminated, that is if only some
    >> of you in this group quit feeding him & send in abuse reports.

    > You bring up a good point.

    I've also had motzarella.org & albasani.net binned for a long time. Too
    many idiotic trolls use them.

    --
    This message was sent from a
    computer which is guaranteed

  2. Re: Roy Schestowitz

    Colin Wilson
    writes:

    >> He has software that takes RSS feeds, sorts them, searches for certain
    >> phrases, makes comments taken from a database and spits out the stuff to
    >> every corner of the Internet.

    > Unlike you - a troll with a chip on your shoulder who manually creates
    > so much ****e aka anti-Roy spam that no-one, that's right, NO-ONE
    > wants to read, that you've single-handedly reduced the appeal and
    > effectiveness of a newsgroup.
    >
    > Please, go create another group and move to it. If you really have a
    > voice someone wants to listen to, you'll get them moving over to it.
    >
    > You can get treatment for obsessive compulsive disorder you know !

    Wrong.

    People like you, HPT, have done this. And the lovely chrisv. And the
    patient technical genius PJ. And the UI expert "Rick". And Willy Poaster
    and his amazing filters. And that moron Liarnut and his constant
    shilling and attention seeking sob stories. Then we have wonders like
    Marti and his creepy posters and then being "outed" as an XP
    user. Honestly, you couldn't make it up.

    --
    However, my enthusiasm for the modular tree is tempered by some parts of
    it not existing.

  3. Re: Roy Schestowitz

    psi4000@sbcglobal.net wrote:

    >You are

    *plonk*

  4. Re: Roy Schestowitz

    On Thu, 17 Apr 2008 13:50:37 +0200, Hadron wrote:

    > Colin Wilson
    > writes:
    >
    >>> He has software that takes RSS feeds, sorts them, searches for certain
    >>> phrases, makes comments taken from a database and spits out the stuff to
    >>> every corner of the Internet.

    >> Unlike you - a troll with a chip on your shoulder who manually creates
    >> so much ****e aka anti-Roy spam that no-one, that's right, NO-ONE
    >> wants to read, that you've single-handedly reduced the appeal and
    >> effectiveness of a newsgroup.
    >>
    >> Please, go create another group and move to it. If you really have a
    >> voice someone wants to listen to, you'll get them moving over to it.
    >>
    >> You can get treatment for obsessive compulsive disorder you know !

    > Wrong.
    >
    > People like you, HPT, have done this. And the lovely chrisv. And the
    > patient technical genius PJ. And the UI expert "Rick". And Willy Poaster
    > and his amazing filters. And that moron Liarnut and his constant
    > shilling and attention seeking sob stories. Then we have wonders like
    > Marti and his creepy posters and then being "outed" as an XP
    > user. Honestly, you couldn't make it up.

    COLA is like a Fellini Circus!!

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  5. Re: Roy Schestowitz

    On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 14:56:32 -0700, psi4000 wrote an ad hominem attack.

    I guess Roy is shaking up the wintroll realm.

    *plonk*

  6. Re: Roy Schestowitz

    On Fri, 18 Apr 2008 06:14:13 GMT, alt wrote:

    > On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 14:56:32 -0700, psi4000 wrote an ad hominem attack.
    >
    > I guess Roy is shaking up the wintroll realm.
    >
    > *plonk*

    Shaking up?
    Nahh, more like laughing at him.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  7. Re: Roy Schestowitz

    High Plains Thumper espoused:
    > nessuno@wigner.berkeley.edu wrote:
    >> High Plains Thumper wrote:

    >>> Posting on topic in favourable light of Linux is terrible,
    >>> isn't it?
    >>>
    >>> Linux has worked well with me. OTOH, even Microsoft MVP's
    >>> shun Vista:
    >>>
    >>> http://aspnetresources.com/blog/vista_sucks.aspx

    Help with the launch? No, thanks

    >>> As a diligent Microsoft MVP, I wanted to volunteer to help
    >>> the mother empire with the Vista launch. I would go to a
    >>> local BestBuy or CompUSA and help Microsoft promote the new
    >>> OS. But after this experience, you wonít drag me there even
    >>> with a free Zune. I just canít offer people to buy such
    >>> crap. Iím sorry for people who will buy and install it. Hey,
    >>> at least Iím being honest about it!
    >>>
    >>> Here is a hum dinger:

    Freeze-ups

    >>> I couldnít even suspect Iíd have so much use my the Reset
    >>> button. If I put Vista to sleep, things go very wrong once I
    >>> wake it up. IE 7 freezes everything so bad, that you canít
    >>> even bring up the Window Task Manager (CTRL-Shift-Escape
    >>> does not respond). I donít know if the networking drivers
    >>> crap themselves over, and I donít really care. My Reset
    >>> button is now shiny!
    >>>
    >>> Who wants to use this Vista slopware?

    >> I'm confused. For a minute there I thought you were DFS
    >> talking about Linux!

    > Sorry to pull a "John Bailo" on you, LOL! Every time I read the
    > crap that DFS spews, it amazes me how stupid it really sounds.
    > He is just trolling, pulling up whatever his IE search pulls up,
    > even if it regards an unstable testing version or hardware that
    > has not yet been proved on the system.
    >
    > Only time I have had some really odd difficulties with Linux is
    > when I have installed unreleased software still in testing or
    > development, had a problematic motherboard chipset (early release
    > with hardware bugs), forced the wrong driver for the job or had
    > bona fide hardware problems.
    >
    > OTOH, Vista has proved its points. I know of no one at work who
    > wants the OS. All are under the impression it is crapware.
    > Stick with XP if you want to remain Windows.

    I've just taken a look at Amazon's top sellers list - it would seem that
    the huge success of Asus Eee, Macbooks and N810s has resulted in them
    (and other vendors) dropping their prices massively on Windows machines.
    The DSG experience is far from unique - it's starting to look like a
    liquidation sale.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2