    .... I'll seriously consider what OS to run, but as for now Feisty is way to
    unstable ....I think I'm going back to Debian until this is solved ...

    this is not cool"

    #421 at http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=412125&page=43

  2. Re: Linux: "not cool"

    On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 00:31:39 -0400, DFS wrote:

    > "I'm gettin' ******* tired of this ... ****, windows's more stable than this
    > ... I'll seriously consider what OS to run, but as for now Feisty is way to
    > unstable ....I think I'm going back to Debian until this is solved ...
    >
    > this is not cool"
    >
    > #421 at http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=412125&page=43

    When the number one distribution on the Distrowatch list is this bad it
    makes you wonder about the other 599 varieties of Linux.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  3. Re: Linux: "not cool"

    Moshe Goldfarb is flatfish (aka: Gary Stewart)

    Traits:

    * Nym shifting (see below)
    * Self confessed thief and proud of it
    * Homophobic
    * Racist
    * Habitual liar

  4. Re: Linux: "not cool"

    Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    > On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 00:31:39 -0400, DFS wrote:
    >
    >> "I'm gettin' ******* tired of this ... ****, windows's more stable
    >> than this ... I'll seriously consider what OS to run, but as for now
    >> Feisty is way to unstable ....I think I'm going back to Debian until
    >> this is solved ...
    >>
    >> this is not cool"
    >>
    >> #421 at http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=412125&page=43

    > When the number one distribution on the Distrowatch list is this bad
    > it makes you wonder about the other 599 varieties of Linux.

    I found Gutsy to be more stable: If it wasn't for the install repeatedly
    crashing I'd have it on dual-boot with XP
    ..
    --
    http://www.kustomkomputa.co.uk
    - Personalised Desktop Computers

  5. Re: Linux: "not cool"

    "Moshe Goldfarb" schreef in bericht
    > On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 00:31:39 -0400, DFS wrote:
    >
    >> "I'm gettin' ******* tired of this ... ****, windows's more stable than
    >> this
    >> ... I'll seriously consider what OS to run, but as for now Feisty is way
    >> unstable ....I think I'm going back to Debian until this is solved ...
    >>
    >> this is not cool"
    >>
    >> #421 at http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=412125&page=43

    > When the number one distribution on the Distrowatch list is this bad it
    > makes you wonder about the other 599 varieties of Linux.

    According to the replies in the thread, you have to install, Fedora 7,
    Ubuntu Dapper Drake 6.06, OpenSUSE, kubuntu, PCLinuxOS 2007, Sabayon, Mepis
    and LinuxMint, alternatively to get the work done. Linux is free if your
    time has no value!
    --
    Linux..... isn't that some kind of cheap lavatory tissue?
    http://www.angelfire.com/psy/doctorbill/linux.jpg

  6. Re: Linux: "not cool"

    "Clogwog" wrote in message
    news:20080416170403.492181C00084@mwinf6206.orange. nl...
    > "Moshe Goldfarb" schreef in bericht
    >> On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 00:31:39 -0400, DFS wrote:
    >>
    >>> "I'm gettin' ******* tired of this ... ****, windows's more stable than
    >>> this
    >>> ... I'll seriously consider what OS to run, but as for now Feisty is way
    >>> unstable ....I think I'm going back to Debian until this is solved ...
    >>>
    >>> this is not cool"
    >>>
    >>> #421 at http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=412125&page=43

    >> When the number one distribution on the Distrowatch list is this bad it
    >> makes you wonder about the other 599 varieties of Linux.
    >>

    > According to the replies in the thread, you have to install, Fedora 7,
    > Ubuntu Dapper Drake 6.06, OpenSUSE, kubuntu, PCLinuxOS 2007, Sabayon,
    > Mepis and LinuxMint, alternatively to get the work done. Linux is free if
    > your time has no value!
    > --
    > Linux..... isn't that some kind of cheap lavatory tissue?
    > http://www.angelfire.com/psy/doctorbill/linux.jpg

    Funny. One think I like about Linux is less fighting with patches and Vista
    issues.

  7. Re: Linux: "not cool"

    "Canuck57" schreef in bericht

    > "Clogwog" wrote in message
    > news:20080416170403.492181C00084@mwinf6206.orange. nl...
    >> "Moshe Goldfarb" schreef in bericht

    >>> When the number one distribution on the Distrowatch list is this bad it
    >>> makes you wonder about the other 599 varieties of Linux.
    >>>

    >> According to the replies in the thread, you have to install, Fedora 7,
    >> Ubuntu Dapper Drake 6.06, OpenSUSE, kubuntu, PCLinuxOS 2007, Sabayon,
    >> Mepis and LinuxMint, alternatively to get the work done. Linux is free if
    >> your time has no value!
    >> --
    >> Linux..... isn't that some kind of cheap lavatory tissue?
    >> http://www.angelfire.com/psy/doctorbill/linux.jpg

    > Funny. One think I like about Linux is less fighting with patches and
    > Vista issues.

    Vista tissues? I only know about Linux tissues, did you see the pic?
    --
    Jou ma eet donkie se bloed poes jou werfetter!

  8. Re: Linux: "not cool"

    Clogwog wrote:
    > "Canuck57" schreef in bericht
    >>
    >> "Clogwog" wrote in message
    >> news:20080416170403.492181C00084@mwinf6206.orange. nl...
    >>> "Moshe Goldfarb" schreef in bericht

    >>> According to the replies in the thread, you have to install, Fedora
    >>> 7, Ubuntu Dapper Drake 6.06, OpenSUSE, kubuntu, PCLinuxOS 2007,
    >>> Sabayon, Mepis and LinuxMint, alternatively to get the work done.
    >>> Linux is free if your time has no value!
    >>> --
    >>> Linux..... isn't that some kind of cheap lavatory tissue?
    >>> http://www.angelfire.com/psy/doctorbill/linux.jpg

    >> Funny. One think I like about Linux is less fighting with patches
    >> and Vista issues.

    > Vista tissues? I only know about Linux tissues, did you see the pic?

    Toilet tissues?

    --
    http://www.kustomkomputa.co.uk
    - Personalised Desktop Computers

  9. Re: Linux: "not cool"

    On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 09:30:06 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb wrote:

    > On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 00:31:39 -0400, DFS wrote:
    >
    >> "I'm gettin' ******* tired of this ... ****, windows's more stable than
    >> this ... I'll seriously consider what OS to run, but as for now Feisty
    >> is way to unstable ....I think I'm going back to Debian until this is
    >> solved ...
    >>
    >> this is not cool"
    >>
    >> #421 at http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=412125&page=43

    > When the number one distribution on the Distrowatch list is this bad it
    > makes you wonder about the other 599 varieties of Linux.

    If Linux is so bad, why do you and your family use it?

    --
    Rick

  10. Re: Linux: "not cool"

    On 2008-04-16, Clogwog wrote:
    > "Moshe Goldfarb" schreef in bericht
    >> On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 00:31:39 -0400, DFS wrote:
    >>
    >>> "I'm gettin' ******* tired of this ... ****, windows's more stable than
    >>> this
    >>> ... I'll seriously consider what OS to run, but as for now Feisty is way
    >>> unstable ....I think I'm going back to Debian until this is solved ...
    >>>
    >>> this is not cool"
    >>>
    >>> #421 at http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=412125&page=43

    >> When the number one distribution on the Distrowatch list is this bad it
    >> makes you wonder about the other 599 varieties of Linux.
    >>

    > According to the replies in the thread, you have to install, Fedora 7,
    > Ubuntu Dapper Drake 6.06, OpenSUSE, kubuntu, PCLinuxOS 2007, Sabayon, Mepis
    > and LinuxMint, alternatively to get the work done. Linux is free if your
    > time has no value!

    Well, you must have plenty of time to kill.

    There's nothing sadder than a microsoft shill wasting his time in a
    linux advocacy group. Why are you here? Surely Linux is no threat to the
    current world order, according to your microsoft shill buddies? Why ARE
    you here posting this crap?

    --
    Regards,

    Gregory.
    Gentoo Linux - Penguin Power

  11. Re: Linux: "not cool"

    On 17 Apr 2008 03:03:17 GMT, Gregory Shearman wrote:

    > On 2008-04-16, Clogwog wrote:
    >> "Moshe Goldfarb" schreef in bericht

    >>> When the number one distribution on the Distrowatch list is this bad it
    >>> makes you wonder about the other 599 varieties of Linux.
    >>>

    >> According to the replies in the thread, you have to install, Fedora 7,
    >> Ubuntu Dapper Drake 6.06, OpenSUSE, kubuntu, PCLinuxOS 2007, Sabayon, Mepis
    >> and LinuxMint, alternatively to get the work done. Linux is free if your
    >> time has no value!

    > Well, you must have plenty of time to kill.

    No.
    Like most people we like a good laugh once in a while.

    > There's nothing sadder than a microsoft shill wasting his time in a
    > linux advocacy group.

    COLA is no Linux advocacy group.
    COLA is a Microsoft hate group.

    No self respecting Linux advocate would ever hang out in COLA.
    Only paid SPAMMERS live here.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  12. Re: Linux: "not cool"

    Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    > On 17 Apr 2008 03:03:17 GMT, Gregory Shearman wrote:
    >
    >> Well, you must have plenty of time to kill.

    > No. Like most people we like a good laugh once in a while.
    >
    >> There's nothing sadder than a microsoft shill wasting his
    >> time in a linux advocacy group.

    > COLA is no Linux advocacy group. COLA is a Microsoft hate
    > group.
    >
    > No self respecting Linux advocate would ever hang out in COLA.
    > Only paid SPAMMERS live here.

    http://tinyurl.com/6m6a8c

    Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy, alt.os.linux.ubuntu
    Subject: Re: [News] Red Hat Developer's Update on PulseAudio,
    Fedora Live CDs Interview
    Date: 11 Apr 2008 18:53:55 GMT

    > Dan, you're probably a nice guy, but we get a ton of "works
    > for me" crap in COLA and most times it's just people telling
    > lies.

    Well sorry to dissapoint you, but I'm not in COLA. I'm reading
    these posts in the Ubuntu group. The only reason they are going
    to COLA is because whomever started the thread had it crossposted
    there...and to Vista groups, which I removed because this has
    nothing to do with Vista.

    I'm NOT a Linux pusher, I still use Windows most of the time
    since I'd just installed Linux a few weeks ago, maybe a month+
    ago, and still checking out apps and learning Linux. There are
    things I like and things I don't like.

    Believe what you want to believe. It's painfully obvious that you
    are completely anti-Linux, just like some are completely anti-MS,
    and have such strong preconceived beliefs that it doesn't really
    matter what anyone says about any particular Linux item,
    everyone's a liar, and nothing works out-of-the-box.

    http://tinyurl.com/599u38

    Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy, alt.os.windows-xp,
    microsoft.public.windows.vista.general, alt.os.linux.ubuntu
    Subject: Re: how open source has influenced Windows Server 2008 ..
    Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 03:21:24 +0000 (UTC)

    Moshe Goldfarb wrote:

    > Oh, I see you've met Redhat!!!
    > https://www.redhat.com/apps/store/server/

    Why do you continually crosspost to other newsgroups? Are you so
    desperate for attention? Is your aim to start flame wars between
    newsgroups? usenet used to be a relatively friendly place until
    the likes of you started abusing it.

    Your immature posting style says so much about your obvious lack
    of education / intelligence. I hope it is the former as that can
    be remedied.

    http://tinyurl.com/5camxf

    Newsgroups: alt.os.windows-xp, microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
    Subject: Re: Yet Another Dud Windows Release -- Vista ME
    Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2008 18:20:49 -0600

    Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    > High Plains Thumper wrote:

    >> It is all a part of their evangelistic jihad:

    > We already know that... So what is it that makes you Linux
    > zealots so afraid of Microsoft? Even by your own words
    > Microsoft is going bankrupt, has no products that people are
    > interested int and so forth. So why the fear?

    I had posted that which you heavily snipped removing any worthy
    context. Then you post this reply, cross posting to
    alt.os.windows.xp, microsoft.public.windows.vista.general and
    alt.os.linux.ubuntu, which I never had intended as an audience,
    adding your little twisted spins.

    You're human engineering of insinuating emotional feelings that
    are non existent are not appreciated. It goes to show that you
    are nothing more than a fraudulent habitual liar, incapable of
    expressing the truth, preferring instead to pollute other
    newsgroups by your off-topic cross posts.

    Most have you kill filed and rightly so. You provide no useful
    input of any kind into the newsgroups you troll. Most would
    appreciate it if you simply FOAD.

  13. Re: Linux: "not cool"

    On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 21:24:54 -0600, High Plains Thumper wrote:

    Nobody except idiots like Schestowitz cares what you say HPT.
    Your constant nymshifting and antics make you a fool.

    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  14. Re: Linux: "not cool"

    On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 23:46:50 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb wrote:

    > On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 21:24:54 -0600, High Plains Thumper wrote:
    >
    > Nobody except idiots like Schestowitz cares what you say HPT. Your
    > constant nymshifting and antics make you a fool.

    Constantly nymshifting? Oh yeah, sure - prove it, bitch.

    http://tinyurl.com/6m6a8c

    Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy, alt.os.linux.ubuntu Subject: Re:
    [News] Red Hat Developer's Update on PulseAudio, Fedora Live CDs Interview
    Apr 2008 18:53:55 GMT

    > Dan, you're probably a nice guy, but we get a ton of "works for me" crap
    > in COLA and most times it's just people telling lies.

    Well sorry to dissapoint you, but I'm not in COLA. I'm reading these posts
    in the Ubuntu group. The only reason they are going to COLA is because
    whomever started the thread had it crossposted there...and to Vista
    groups, which I removed because this has nothing to do with Vista.

    I'm NOT a Linux pusher, I still use Windows most of the time since I'd
    just installed Linux a few weeks ago, maybe a month+ ago, and still
    checking out apps and learning Linux. There are things I like and things I
    don't like.

    Believe what you want to believe. It's painfully obvious that you are
    completely anti-Linux, just like some are completely anti-MS, and have
    such strong preconceived beliefs that it doesn't really matter what anyone
    says about any particular Linux item, everyone's a liar, and nothing works
    out-of-the-box.

    http://tinyurl.com/599u38

    Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy, alt.os.windows-xp,
    microsoft.public.windows.vista.general, alt.os.linux.ubuntu Subject: Re:
    how open source has influenced Windows Server 2008 .. Date: Wed, 16 Apr
    2008 03:21:24 +0000 (UTC) Message-ID:
    fu3rbk$kmf$1@registered.motzarella.org

    Moshe Goldfarb wrote:

    > Oh, I see you've met Redhat!!!
    > https://www.redhat.com/apps/store/server/

    Why do you continually crosspost to other newsgroups? Are you so desperate
    for attention? Is your aim to start flame wars between newsgroups? usenet
    used to be a relatively friendly place until the likes of you started
    abusing it.

    Your immature posting style says so much about your obvious lack of
    education / intelligence. I hope it is the former as that can be remedied.

    http://tinyurl.com/5camxf

    Newsgroups: alt.os.windows-xp, microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
    Subject: Re: Yet Another Dud Windows Release -- Vista ME Date: Sat, 12 Apr
    2008 18:20:49 -0600

    Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    > High Plains Thumper wrote:

    >> It is all a part of their evangelistic jihad:

    > We already know that... So what is it that makes you Linux zealots so
    > afraid of Microsoft? Even by your own words Microsoft is going bankrupt,
    > has no products that people are interested int and so forth. So why the
    > fear?

    I had posted that which you heavily snipped removing any worthy context.
    Then you post this reply, cross posting to alt.os.windows.xp,
    microsoft.public.windows.vista.general and alt.os.linux.ubuntu, which I
    never had intended as an audience, adding your little twisted spins.

    You're human engineering of insinuating emotional feelings that are non
    existent are not appreciated. It goes to show that you are nothing more
    than a fraudulent habitual liar, incapable of expressing the truth,
    preferring instead to pollute other newsgroups by your off-topic cross
    posts.

    Most have you kill filed and rightly so. You provide no useful input of
    any kind into the newsgroups you troll. Most would appreciate it if you
    simply FOAD.
    --
    HPT

  15. Re: Linux: "not cool"

    On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 23:12:00 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb wrote:

    > On 17 Apr 2008 03:03:17 GMT, Gregory Shearman wrote:
    >
    >> On 2008-04-16, Clogwog wrote:
    >>> "Moshe Goldfarb" schreef in bericht

    >>> According to the replies in the thread, you have to install, Fedora 7,
    >>> Ubuntu Dapper Drake 6.06, OpenSUSE, kubuntu, PCLinuxOS 2007, Sabayon,
    >>> Mepis and LinuxMint, alternatively to get the work done. Linux is free
    >>> if your time has no value!

    >> Well, you must have plenty of time to kill.

    > No.
    > Like most people we like a good laugh once in a while.

    It is rare that a person can laugh at himself.

    >> There's nothing sadder than a microsoft shill wasting his time in a
    >> linux advocacy group.

    > COLA is no Linux advocacy group.

    Yes, it is.

    > COLA is a Microsoft hate group.

    Not, really. although it seems many of us do hate Microsoft.

    > No self respecting Linux advocate would ever hang out in COLA. Only paid
    > SPAMMERS live here.

    You are a liar.

    --
    Rick

  16. Re: Linux: "not cool"

    On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 23:46:50 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb wrote:

    > On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 21:24:54 -0600, High Plains Thumper wrote:
    >
    > Nobody except idiots like Schestowitz cares what you say HPT. Your
    > constant nymshifting and antics make you a fool.

    Your constant nymshifting and antics make you a fool.

    --
    Rick

  17. Re: Linux: "not cool"

    "Canuck57" wrote in message

    > "Clogwog" wrote in message
    > news:20080416170403.492181C00084@mwinf6206.orange. nl...
    >> "Moshe Goldfarb" schreef in bericht

    >>> When the number one distribution on the Distrowatch list is this bad it
    >>> makes you wonder about the other 599 varieties of Linux.
    >>>

    >> According to the replies in the thread, you have to install, Fedora 7,
    >> Ubuntu Dapper Drake 6.06, OpenSUSE, kubuntu, PCLinuxOS 2007, Sabayon,
    >> Mepis and LinuxMint, alternatively to get the work done. Linux is free if
    >> your time has no value!
    >> --
    >> Linux..... isn't that some kind of cheap lavatory tissue?
    >> http://www.angelfire.com/psy/doctorbill/linux.jpg

    > Funny. One think I like about Linux is less fighting with patches and
    > Vista issues.

    Are you that f*cking stupid? Ubuntu has multiple daily patches. A hell of a
    lot more than Windows has ever had.

  18. Re: Linux: "not cool"

    "Clogwog" wrote in message
    news:20080416170403.492181C00084@mwinf6206.orange. nl...
    > "Moshe Goldfarb" schreef in bericht
    >> On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 00:31:39 -0400, DFS wrote:
    >>
    >>> "I'm gettin' ******* tired of this ... ****, windows's more stable than
    >>> this
    >>> ... I'll seriously consider what OS to run, but as for now Feisty is way
    >>> unstable ....I think I'm going back to Debian until this is solved ...
    >>>
    >>> this is not cool"
    >>>
    >>> #421 at http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=412125&page=43

    >> When the number one distribution on the Distrowatch list is this bad it
    >> makes you wonder about the other 599 varieties of Linux.
    >>

    > According to the replies in the thread, you have to install, Fedora 7,
    > Ubuntu Dapper Drake 6.06, OpenSUSE, kubuntu, PCLinuxOS 2007, Sabayon,
    > Mepis and LinuxMint, alternatively to get the work done. Linux is free if
    > your time has no value!
    > --
    > Linux..... isn't that some kind of cheap lavatory tissue?
    > http://www.angelfire.com/psy/doctorbill/linux.jpg

    :-)

  19. Re: Linux: "not cool"

    "Dr.Hal0nf1r$" wrote in message
    > Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    >> On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 00:31:39 -0400, DFS wrote:
    >>
    >>> "I'm gettin' ******* tired of this ... ****, windows's more stable
    >>> than this ... I'll seriously consider what OS to run, but as for now
    >>> Feisty is way to unstable ....I think I'm going back to Debian until
    >>> this is solved ...
    >>>
    >>> this is not cool"
    >>>
    >>> #421 at http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=412125&page=43

    >> When the number one distribution on the Distrowatch list is this bad
    >> it makes you wonder about the other 599 varieties of Linux.

    > I found Gutsy to be more stable: If it wasn't for the install repeatedly
    > crashing I'd have it on dual-boot with XP
    > .

    Linsux crashing? OMG

  20. Re: Linux: "not cool"

    ysdywmf wrote:
    > "Canuck57" wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Clogwog" wrote in message
    >> news:20080416170403.492181C00084@mwinf6206.orange. nl...
    >>> "Moshe Goldfarb" schreef in bericht

    >>> According to the replies in the thread, you have to install, Fedora
    >>> 7, Ubuntu Dapper Drake 6.06, OpenSUSE, kubuntu, PCLinuxOS 2007,
    >>> Sabayon, Mepis and LinuxMint, alternatively to get the work done.
    >>> Linux is free if your time has no value!
    >>> --
    >>> Linux..... isn't that some kind of cheap lavatory tissue?
    >>> http://www.angelfire.com/psy/doctorbill/linux.jpg

    It looks like someone had a similar idea to me.

    --
    http://www.kustomkomputa.co.uk
    - Personalised Desktop Computers

+ Reply to Thread