Linux tips: "Gently Restart A Frozen System" - Linux

This is a discussion on Linux tips: "Gently Restart A Frozen System" - Linux ; Moshe Goldfarb is flatfish (in real life Gary Stewart) http://colatrolls.blogspot.com/2008/...arb-troll.html http://colatrolls.blogspot.com/2007/...ish-troll.html Traits: * Nym shifting (see below) * Self confessed thief and proud of it * Homophobic * Racist * Habitual liar * Frequently cross posts replies to other non-Linux ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 23 of 23

  1. Re: Linux tips: "Gently Restart A Frozen System"

    Traits:

    * Nym shifting (see below)
    * Self confessed thief and proud of it
    * Homophobic
    * Racist
    * Habitual liar

  2. Re: Linux tips: "Gently Restart A Frozen System"

    On 2008-05-05, The Ghost In The Machine wrote:
    > In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Moshe Goldfarb
    >
    > wrote
    > on Mon, 28 Apr 2008 12:08:13 -0400
    ><15svh3wnedair.byzbxey4bm88$.dlg@40tude.net>:
    >> On Mon, 28 Apr 2008 16:00:10 GMT, Kelsey Bjarnason wrote:

    Gentle, Schmentle.

    Kick it in the head.

    It's Unix, it can take it.

    Back in the 3.11 days this is how we dual booted since the wife
    was too squeamish to shut down the system normally when she
    wanted to use it. My root filesystem was abused constantly and
    I never suffered any ext2 corruption over it.

    --

    Nothing today, likely nothing since we tamed fire,
    is genuinely new: culture, like science and |||

    Judge Alex Kozinski
    US Court of Appeals
    9th Circuit

    http://www.usenet.com

  3. Re: Vista ME tips: "Gently Restart A Frozen System"

    JEDIDIAH wrote:

    > Gentle, Schmentle.
    >
    > Kick it in the head.
    >
    > It's Unix, it can take it.
    >
    > Back in the 3.11 days this is how we dual booted since the wife
    > was too squeamish to shut down the system normally when she
    > wanted to use it. My root filesystem was abused constantly and
    > I never suffered any ext2 corruption over it.

    You forgot to change the header...

    --
    RonB
    "There's a story there...somewhere"