    days for nothing, please help!"

    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...freeze&page=63

  2. Re: Ubuntu Gutsy limits users to 1 open window

    On 2008-04-15, DFS wrote:
    > "I just installed Gutsy on my macbook, it was all
    > running very good until about an hour ago. Now, as soon as i boot and login
    > in, if I open more than one window, it locks up, completely! I can move the
    > mouse around but that's it! I have to push and hold the power button to
    > reboot. This sucks, big time, I just got everything but the sound working. 4
    > days for nothing, please help!"
    >
    > http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...freeze&page=63

    ....lets see: One guy that appeared to be running with an underpowered PS
    and another guy was using a configuration that was not recommended to
    begin with.

    Both people fixed their own problems without any help from anyone else.

    --
    OpenDoc is moot when Apple is your one stop iShop. |||
    / | \

  3. Re: Ubuntu Gutsy limits users to 1 open window

    JEDIDIAH wrote:

    >On 2008-04-15, DFS wrote:
    >> "I just installed Gutsy on my macbook, it was all
    >> running very good until about an hour ago. Now, as soon as i boot and login
    >> in, if I open more than one window, it locks up, completely! I can move the
    >> mouse around but that's it! I have to push and hold the power button to
    >> reboot. This sucks, big time, I just got everything but the sound working. 4
    >> days for nothing, please help!"
    >>
    >> http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...freeze&page=63

    >...lets see: One guy that appeared to be running with an underpowered PS
    >and another guy was using a configuration that was not recommended to
    >begin with.
    >
    >Both people fixed their own problems without any help from anyone else.

    Should we be complaining to this guy's ISP? This is clearly abusive
    behavior, copying and pasting anti-Linux stuff from the Web in
    here....

  4. Re: Ubuntu Gutsy limits users to 1 open window

    On Apr 18, 9:46 am, chrisv wrote:
    > JEDIDIAH wrote:
    > >On 2008-04-15, DFS wrote:
    > >> "I just installed Gutsy on my macbook, it was all
    > >> running very good until about an hour ago. Now, as soon as i boot and login
    > >> in, if I open more than one window, it locks up, completely! I can move the
    > >> mouse around but that's it! I have to push and hold the power button to
    > >> reboot. This sucks, big time, I just got everything but the sound working. 4
    > >> days for nothing, please help!"

    > >>http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...freeze&page=63

    > >...lets see: One guy that appeared to be running with an underpowered PS
    > >and another guy was using a configuration that was not recommended to
    > >begin with.

    > >Both people fixed their own problems without any help from anyone else.

    > Should we be complaining to this guy's ISP? This is clearly abusive
    > behavior, copying and pasting anti-Linux stuff from the Web in
    > here....

    DFS is getting a lot more like Moshe=Ezekiel=flatfish in one respect,
    he's spending a lot of time posting anti-linux stuff on cola. For
    flatfish it's a full-time job.

  5. Re: Ubuntu Gutsy limits users to 1 open window

    On Fri, 18 Apr 2008 11:46:03 -0500, troll chrisv said after being slapped:
    > JEDIDIAH wrote:
    >
    >>On 2008-04-15, DFS wrote:
    >>> "I just installed Gutsy on my macbook, it was all
    >>> running very good until about an hour ago. Now, as soon as i boot and login
    >>> in, if I open more than one window, it locks up, completely! I can move the
    >>> mouse around but that's it! I have to push and hold the power button to
    >>> reboot. This sucks, big time, I just got everything but the sound working. 4
    >>> days for nothing, please help!"
    >>>
    >>> http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...freeze&page=63

    >>...lets see: One guy that appeared to be running with an underpowered PS
    >>and another guy was using a configuration that was not recommended to
    >>begin with.
    >>
    >>Both people fixed their own problems without any help from anyone else.

    > Should we be complaining to this guy's ISP? This is clearly abusive
    > behavior, copying and pasting anti-Linux stuff from the Web in
    > here....

    Says the pimp whose mother's a slut! Idiot. *plonk* (yes, your mom loves
    my business!)

  6. Re: Ubuntu Gutsy limits users to 1 open window

    On Fri, 18 Apr 2008 11:48:03 -0700 (PDT), troll nessuno@wigner.berkeley.edu said after being slapped:
    > On Apr 18, 9:46 am, chrisv wrote:
    >> JEDIDIAH wrote:

    >> >...lets see: One guy that appeared to be running with an underpowered PS
    >> >and another guy was using a configuration that was not recommended to
    >> >begin with.

    >> >Both people fixed their own problems without any help from anyone else.

    >> Should we be complaining to this guy's ISP? This is clearly abusive
    >> behavior, copying and pasting anti-Linux stuff from the Web in
    >> here....

    > DFS is getting a lot more like Moshe=Ezekiel=flatfish in one respect,
    > he's spending a lot of time posting anti-linux stuff on cola. For
    > flatfish it's a full-time job.

    Nessuno (Dr. Littlejohn), you know people's full time jobs, exactly how?
    We know your mother's a slut full-time. And you are Mark Kent's slave
    full-time. Your family name is Littlejohn because you have tiny dicks,
    right? Little johnny! You ****ing bastard!

  7. Re: Ubuntu Gutsy limits users to 1 open window

    On Fri, 18 Apr 2008 10:44:36 -0500, JEDIDIAH wrote:

    > ...lets see: One guy that appeared to be running with an underpowered PS
    > and another guy was using a configuration that was not recommended to
    > begin with.

    Sounds like Kelsey.
    Doesn't she post over there?

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  8. Re: Ubuntu Gutsy limits users to 1 open window

    nessuno@wigner.berkeley.edu wrote:
    > On Apr 18, 9:46 am, chrisv wrote:

    >> Should we be complaining to this guy's ISP? This is clearly abusive
    >> behavior, copying and pasting anti-Linux stuff from the Web in
    >> here....

    I'm sure several of you childish lusers already have. Nobody likes
    censorship more than Linux "advocates" who pretend to like choice.

    Hypocritically enough, you wacks don't mind posting off-topic,
    anti-Microsoft junk for years in a newsgroup supposedly dedicated to the
    advocacy of Linux. Nor do you mind the mental cases like Spamowitz and
    [H]omer and Ballard lying their asses off.

    > DFS is getting a lot more like Moshe=Ezekiel=flatfish in one respect,
    > he's spending a lot of time posting anti-linux stuff on cola.

    You're onto me... how did you figure it out?

    > For flatfish it's a full-time job.

    Nah, Moshe actually uses Linux (I don't) and likes a couple distros (I
    don't).

  9. Re: Ubuntu Gutsy limits users to 1 open window

    On Fri, 18 Apr 2008 10:44:36 -0500, JEDIDIAH wrote:

    > On 2008-04-15, DFS wrote:
    >> "I just installed Gutsy on my macbook, it was all running very good
    >> until about an hour ago. Now, as soon as i boot and login in, if I open
    >> more than one window, it locks up, completely! I can move the mouse
    >> around but that's it! I have to push and hold the power button to
    >> reboot. This sucks, big time, I just got everything but the sound
    >> working. 4 days for nothing, please help!"
    >>
    >> http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?

    t=587905&highlight=freeze&page=63

    > ...lets see: One guy that appeared to be running with an underpowered PS
    > and another guy was using a configuration that was not recommended to
    > begin with.

    Hrm...

    "I shoulda known, I enabled a black listed video card, DUH!!"

    > Both people fixed their own problems without any help from anyone else.

    One might point out the obvious: some devices are blacklisted for damn
    good reason.

+ Reply to Thread