[News] Most Popular Computers Are Windows-Free, Businesses Migrate to *NIX with Wine - Linux

This is a discussion on [News] Most Popular Computers Are Windows-Free, Businesses Migrate to *NIX with Wine - Linux ; measekite, a real idiot moron loser wrote: Number 2 from ...LOL tonite -------------------------------------------- You have no idea what I'm talking about do you, ****-for-brains!...LOL! Frank...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Results 61 to 72 of 72

  1. Re: [News] Most Popular Computers Are Windows-Free, Businesses Migrateto *NIX with Wine

    measekite, a real idiot moron loser wrote:

    Number 2 from ...LOL tonite

    You have no idea what I'm talking about do you, ****-for-brains!...LOL!
    Frank

  2. Re: [News] Most Popular Computers Are Windows-Free, Businesses Migrateto *NIX with Wine

    chrisv wrote:

    > Frank wrote:
    >

    >>Who really gives a fukk huh? It only matters if you're an MS hating
    >>linux fanatical zealot.

    > I thought I had your putrid pea-brain plonked. Oh well, if at first
    > you don't succeed...
    >
    > *plonk*

    You're obviously far too stupid to figure out how to do that you idiot
    moron loser!...LOL!
    Frank

  3. Re: [News] Most Popular Computers Are Windows-Free, Businesses Migrateto *NIX with Wine

    Frank wrote:
    > chrisv wrote:
    >
    >> Frank wrote:
    >>

    >>> Who really gives a fukk huh? It only matters if you're an MS hating
    >>> linux fanatical zealot.

    >> I thought I had your putrid pea-brain plonked. Oh well, if at first
    >> you don't succeed...
    >>
    >> *plonk*
    >>

    > You're obviously far too stupid to figure out how to do that you idiot
    > moron loser!...LOL!
    > Frank

    The moron is good for a laugh. I think his mama forgot to wash his
    mouth out with soap.

  4. Re: [News] Most Popular Computers Are Windows-Free, Businesses Migrateto *NIX with Wine

    Hadron wrote:
    > Ian Thompson-Bell writes:
    >
    >> Hadron wrote:

    >>> See if you can guess. God knows its obvious enough. It's not some big
    >>> conspiracy. Unless! Hey maybe everyone I know just has a "XP Screen
    >>> Saver" on their Ubuntu desktop! Yes! That's it! Maybe everyone changes
    >>> their browser tags to say "Windows" instead of Linux!!!! That must be
    >>> it!
    >>>

    >> That's the problem, the market is not 'everyone you know'. The world

    > It really is a case of "so what". I dont seem them giving back, I dont
    > see them in "my market".

    Exactly so saying, M$ has 90% of 'the market' is clearly wrong.

    Cheers

    Ian

  5. Re: [News] Most Popular Computers Are Windows-Free, Businesses Migrateto *NIX with Wine

    Hadron wrote:
    > Ian Thompson-Bell writes:
    >
    >> Moshe Goldfarb wrote:

    >>> It is, but it is dropping.
    >>> The Mac is the reason.
    >>>
    >>> NOT Linux....
    >>>

    >> Prove it.
    >>
    >> Cheers
    >>
    >> Ian

    > No, you prove it .. etc.

    Clearly you cannot prove it so the statement is suspect at least.

    Cheers

    Ian

  6. Re: [News] Most Popular Computers Are Windows-Free, Businesses Migrate to *NIX with Wine

    Fred Williams espoused:
    > On Tuesday 15 April 2008 13:52, Ignoramus15568 wrote:

    >>> Huh? Linux is not Unix or are you saying the Linux share is too
    >>> insignificant to mention?

    >> I think that both Linux and Apple are Unix. That's my opinion.
    >>

    > Linux is definitely an offshoot of Unix, last I heard they hadn't quite
    > matched the specifications in the technical details and they weren't
    > about to because it would downgrade Linux performance or features or
    > something like that. I'm not aware of Apple being Unix related, but
    > I'm willing to be corrected if I'm wrong.

    Linux has been developed entirely independently of Unix. The Unix
    trademark belongs to someone, and Linux is, whilst unix-like, not a Unix
    in the very formal sense.

    Apple's OSX uses the Mach kernel and some BSD components, therefore,
    also has much Unix-like capability under that pretty, if now somewhat
    dated, gui.

    I'm not sure that there is a formal definition of Unix, rather, it's
    more of a trading name. Posix is a different matter, though, and the
    general feeling is that Linux meets the Posix spec, although nobody has
    bothered to have it formally qualified as such, as there's no reason to
    do so.

    In any case, the remark above indicating that at least 9% of desktop
    share runs on "Unix" is is correct, if you take a slightly liberal view
    of the word "Unix".

  7. Re: [News] Most Popular Computers Are Windows-Free, Businesses Migrate to *NIX with Wine

    DanS espoused:
    > Hadron wrote in
    >
    >> DanS writes:
    >>
    >>> Moshe Goldfarb wrote in

    >>> Using your sources....Linux was @ .31% 3 years ago.
    >>>
    >>> Now at .61%
    >>>
    >>> Sounds like Linux use is increasing, not on life support.
    >>>
    >>> Unlike MS OS's use, which has dropped by 4.5%.
    >>>

    >> Are you serious? You see 0.3 to 0.6 as a serious threat to a company
    >> who has more than 90% of the market as a threat?
    >>
    >> FFS. Get real.

    > Threat or no threat wasn't my point.
    >
    > I was pointing out long-term trend data....if you can understand that.

    You're feeding a Microsoft shill/troll character. He has no interest in
    facts, he merely pollutes our group with off-topic, anti-charter
    material...

    You are, of course, quite correct, but that won't come into it.

  8. Re: [News] Most Popular Computers Are Windows-Free, Businesses Migrate to *NIX with Wine

    Ian Thompson-Bell espoused:
    > DanS wrote:
    >> Ian Thompson-Bell wrote in

    >>> So basically to say M$ has 90+% of the OS market is simply nonsense.

    >> I wouldn't say that. I believe it's 90+%....but dropping every year.

    > Well, the only source I can find for the 90% says it is from reported OS
    > from browsers monitored at 'selected sites' so it is not really OS
    > market share at all.

    You're right. It also goes further, in that it only refers to Desktop
    usage, using a certain class of x86-based machine, and not on
    lightweight portable machines or PDAs, either, nor on top-end portables
    either.

    It excludes the mobility and embedded markets, it excludes the server
    markets both data-centre for corporates as well as home servers and
    "internet" servers, indeed, the web server stats show that Apache
    comfortably leads, and that LAMP is by far the most popular internet
    server stack. It excludes the supercomputer market, where linux
    clusters are > 90%.

    etc. etc. etc. etc.

    Basically, you have to draw a /very/ small box for Windows to have a
    majority share in it.

  9. Re: [News] Most Popular Computers Are Windows-Free, Businesses Migrate to *NIX with Wine

    On Thu, 24 Apr 2008 15:32:09 +0100, Mark Kent wrote:

    > Ian Thompson-Bell espoused:
    >> DanS wrote:
    >>> Ian Thompson-Bell wrote in

    >>> I wouldn't say that. I believe it's 90+%....but dropping every year.

    >> Well, the only source I can find for the 90% says it is from reported OS
    >> from browsers monitored at 'selected sites' so it is not really OS
    >> market share at all.
    >>

    > You're right. It also goes further, in that it only refers to Desktop
    > usage, using a certain class of x86-based machine, and not on
    > lightweight portable machines or PDAs, either, nor on top-end portables
    > either.
    >
    > It excludes the mobility and embedded markets, it excludes the server
    > markets both data-centre for corporates as well as home servers and
    > "internet" servers, indeed, the web server stats show that Apache
    > comfortably leads, and that LAMP is by far the most popular internet
    > server stack. It excludes the supercomputer market, where linux
    > clusters are > 90%.

    Wrong again Kent...

    Browser stats were posted here more than once that showed even the Apple
    iPhone had a higher market share than Linux.

    Try again...

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  10. Re: [News] Most Popular Computers Are Windows-Free, Businesses Migrate to *NIX with Wine

    Mark Kent wrote in news:c1i6e5-gv9.ln1
    @ellandroad.demon.co.uk:

    >>> Are you serious? You see 0.3 to 0.6 as a serious threat to a company
    >>> who has more than 90% of the market as a threat?
    >>>
    >>> FFS. Get real.

    >> Threat or no threat wasn't my point.
    >>
    >> I was pointing out long-term trend data....if you can understand that.

    > You're feeding a Microsoft shill/troll character. He has no interest in
    > facts, he merely pollutes our group with off-topic, anti-charter
    > material...

    Yes, I know. But others read the threads too.

  11. Re: [News] Most Popular Computers Are Windows-Free, Businesses Migrate to *NIX with Wine

    It was on or about Thu, 24 Apr 2008 10:44:56 -0400 when I was peeing
    on the road when my partner Moshe Goldfarb said:
    > On Thu, 24 Apr 2008 15:32:09 +0100, Mark Kent wrote:
    >
    >> Ian Thompson-Bell espoused:

    >>> Well, the only source I can find for the 90% says it is from reported OS
    >>> from browsers monitored at 'selected sites' so it is not really OS
    >>> market share at all.
    >>>

    >> You're right. It also goes further, in that it only refers to Desktop
    >> usage, using a certain class of x86-based machine, and not on
    >> lightweight portable machines or PDAs, either, nor on top-end portables
    >> either.
    >>
    >> It excludes the mobility and embedded markets, it excludes the server
    >> markets both data-centre for corporates as well as home servers and
    >> "internet" servers, indeed, the web server stats show that Apache
    >> comfortably leads, and that LAMP is by far the most popular internet
    >> server stack. It excludes the supercomputer market, where linux
    >> clusters are > 90%.

    > Wrong again Kent...

    You are boring. Mark Kent is always wrong, nothing new. And please do
    not abuse my partner. After our rough night, his ass needs some rest.

    > Browser stats were posted here more than once that showed even the Apple
    > iPhone had a higher market share than Linux.
    >
    > Try again...

    Hang on, let me send Windows 7...well, 7 your way. He will show you the
    millions of linux added every month.

    --
    I suck dick

  12. Re: [News] Most Popular Computers Are Windows-Free, Businesses Migrate to *NIX with Wine

    It was on or about 24 Apr 2008 21:36:45 GMT when I was peeing
    on the road when my partner DanS said:
    > Mark Kent wrote in news:c1i6e5-gv9.ln1
    > @ellandroad.demon.co.uk:

    >>> Threat or no threat wasn't my point.
    >>>
    >>> I was pointing out long-term trend data....if you can understand that.

    >> You're feeding a Microsoft shill/troll character. He has no interest in
    >> facts, he merely pollutes our group with off-topic, anti-charter
    >> material...

    > Yes, I know. But others read the threads too.

    You are a smart man. Please do not feed the troll Mark Kent even though
    he is my submissive partner. No need to reply to me either.

    --
    I suck dick

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4